Started by Kristof, March 10, 2007, 12:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Release Dates

UK - November 2009

-  -  -  -  -
Original Post

The Frog Princess

Quote from: "IMDB.com"John Lasseter, who currently holds the title of chief creative officer of the Walt Disney Co., selected a stockholders annual meeting in New Orleans Thursday to announce that Disney will return to hand-drawn animation in 2009 with a feature set in New Orleans. The feature, The Frog Princess, will be directed by John Musker and Ron Clements, who oversaw The Little Mermaid and Aladdin, and who were forced out by the studio's previous management when it decided to abandon hand-drawn animation in 2004. The movie will also feature the first African-American princess to appear in a Disney animated film. "We're going back to hand-drawn animation," Lasseter announced at the meeting. "This movie is going to be classic Disney and yet you have never seen this before." The studio said that it plans to rehire many of the animators it let go during the bloodletting following the failure of 2004's Home on the Range, Disney's last "2D" animated film.

Photo source: AP

Anthony

She looks stunning!

An african-american princess, jazz music, new orleans... it's perfect. :) And I'm sure both the african-american and new orleans parts will win it favour with critics and awards.

Oh and hand-drawn animation - yes!!

penfold12

Does the idea of Jazz music written by Randy Newman, now you know the setting and back story, sound better than the original plan of Alan Menkin?

Mansion Staff

the film takes place during the 20's.
well we all cant come and go by BUBBLE!

be careful, or Ill drop a house on you.

Disneyana

I'm so happy that Disney is going back to handdraw animation. And having an african-american princess is really something fantastic. I'm so looking forward for the year 2009 and this wonderful movie.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Nala_84

Quote from: "Disneyana"I'm so happy that Disney is going back to handdraw animation

*subscribe* :)

She's really looking pretty. I'm so glad that there'll finally be a black princess! Seems as if we can await two great new handdrawn movies in 2009  :D/
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

The Frog Princess now appears to be titled "The Princess and the Frog".

Anthony

The first image of what seems to be final animation on The Princess and the Frog, from TWDC Annual Report:

Amazing to see this kind of thing from Disney again.

peep

Wow, I love the way they haven't tried to make it look 3D/modern. It will be interesting to see how this will do.

Seeing as its being released next year do you think there will be a trailer released by the end of the year?
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

Maybe not, since I think it's their Christmas 2009 film and, for example, we haven't had a trailer for this year's Bolt yet.

Rapunzel is apparently being released earlier in 2009, so maybe that will have the trailer? Very very weird to have two films like this in one year - you wait ages and then two come at once. :shock:

Kinou

Rapunzel is for 2010, same year as Toy Story 3.
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

QuoteDisney finds its Frog prince

Variety quietly confirmed last week that ER actor Bruno Campos had been cast as the titular amphibian character in Disney's traditionally animated feature The Princess and the Frog. Anika Noni Rose will be his princess and Keith David will voice the film's villain, Dr. Facilier.
http://www.animated-news.com/2008/disne ... og-prince/

Snow_White_Girl

I wonder if the success of Enchanted finally made them realise that a switch back to hand-drawn animation would be worthwhile?! :)

\":lamp:\"

Remco K.

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"I wonder if the success of Enchanted finally made them realise that a switch back to hand-drawn animation would be worthwhile?! :)
Actually, they have start working on 'The Princess and the Frog' before 'Enchanted' hit the cinemas. I believe 'The Princess and the Frog' will be the ultimate test for Disney to see if they continue hand drawn animation, or not.

Owain

Quote from: "Remco K."I believe 'The Princess and the Frog' will be the ultimate test for Disney to see if they continue hand drawn animation, or not.
I have nothing against computer animation but i always think disney fairytales are best in hand drawn :) and just to clear this film is hand drawn animation ?
Because im sure the enchanted animation parts were computer animation  :?