New attractions paid by TWDC??

Started by Kristof, December 30, 2007, 07:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"I wouldn't mind see the Monsters Inc. come to Toon Studio, but right now I prefer some more expansion elsewhere in the park.  Most holes are filled now (with the exception of the Soarin' location), so I think they should start thinking out of the box now and expand the current borders.  There's lots of ground available behind the Tram Tour station.  A NY Street set of some kind wouldn't hurt with a restaurant, snack points and a few boutiques inside.

Yes indeed. I first want them to continue the placemakings, adding shops and a restaurant... but well, yestitsme asked me which attraction I would choose... in that case I would like them to build Monsters Inc. Hide & Seek. I would like to see the Walt Disney's One Man's Dream exhibit and/or an exhibit for the latest movies (comparable to Narnia at Disney's Hollywood Studios) aswell. But I suppose those are too low profile and just fillers... thats why I opted for Monsters Inc.  

QuoteTotally going off topic now, but I came up with this idea a few years ago about a small attraction for kids which can go behind the Street Sets.  One of the buildings can be themed as the front of a Natural History Museum with behind it a large playset for kids with dinosaur skeletons and stuff, kinda like Dinoland USA at Animal Kingdom.

Like Honey I Schrunk the Kids Set at Disney's Hollywood Studios? Seems like a great idea to me... but just out of curiousity, what film should it be linked to? Dinosaur?

Kristof

QuoteLike Honey I Schrunk the Kids Set at Disney's Hollywood Studios? Seems like a great idea to me... but just out of curiousity, what film should it be linked to? Dinosaur?

Good question...  I wasn't really thinking of a movie, just a playground that adds another dimension to the streetset.  But if I have to pick something, I'd like to go for a fake one, National Treasure and the Hunt of for the Lost Dinosaur or whatever.  :wink:

Haz

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteLike Honey I Schrunk the Kids Set at Disney's Hollywood Studios? Seems like a great idea to me... but just out of curiousity, what film should it be linked to? Dinosaur?

Good question...  I wasn't really thinking of a movie, just a playground that adds another dimension to the streetset.  But if I have to pick something, I'd like to go for a fake one, National Treasure and the Hunt of for the Lost Dinosaur or whatever.  :wink:

raptor,
      My youngest son gives you the thumbs up for this idea,he also said he does not care which movie it is.
All the Best,

Haz

penfold12

Anymore news on if this could happen?

lil-shawn

are there new news about it??

i hope we get one soon...

Anthony

If there's news, someone will post it. No need to keep asking! The upcoming shareholder's meeting or first half 2008 results are the only times anything official might be announced, but it seems way too soon really.

This is in Imagineering anyway, so feel free to Imagineer what you'd do with those funds...

Hows about a Ratatouille Cookalong 4D theatre show behind Art of Disney Animation, using Disney Digital 3D projection and a range of scents and smells to bring to life the filming of a live cookery show starring the "talented" head chef of Paris' "Le Ratatouille" restaurant, Linguine. However, only Walt Disney Studios guests in the live audience will know that the entire production -- from the cameramen to the all-important recipe -- is actually being run by Pixar's CGI rats. After a series of mishaps (maybe a blender spraying water across the audience, rats running through, a la HISTA?), the real producers are eventually "ratted out" and the show taken off air.

The entrance would be themed to Gusteau's, including the fountain forming a nice little square about where that gate is now:

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/ ... v2_tif.jpg

The eiffel tower background there would be a giant backdrop.

Filip

I dont know if somebody have post this before, but at least some more rumours, although i dont know if this helps much..:
This is an article from screamscape.com about WDW resort. The important DLRP info is at the end. This could be what they mean by TWDC financial help,.... or even better, another person to help DLRP? :)

2010 - Four Seasons Resort - (3/2/07) I received a little insight as to how the whole Four Seasons deal may have come around. There has been some corporate shakeup within the Four Seasons company lately where the hotelier's two largest investors (Bill Gates and Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal) just finalized a deal two weeks ago to take the company private for an estimated $3.4 billion. If the name Prince Al-Waleed sounds familiar to you, he has been involved for some time in the EuroDisney Resort where he came in years ago to add financial support to the struggling resort in it's first bout of bad times and now he apparently owns 10% of EuroDisney S.C.A., the second largest parner after Disney's own 39.78% stake. It's said that Prince Al-Waleed has been asking Disney for quite some time now to let him place a Four Seasons hotel on site at Walt Disney World in exchange for his continued and possibly additional financing support for EuroDisney SCA.

Soap

Well in one of our free dutch newspapers (Spits) there was a interview with the man behind the ToT, Tom Fitzgerald.
//http://www.spitsnet.nl/nieuws.php/11/11682/online/Achter_de_schermen_van_de_Tower_of_Terror_in_Disneyland_resort_Paris.html
It's in Dutch.

One of the interesting quotes is this one:
The largest mysteries, like for example the costs of the Tower or Terror, remain a secret. , "But between 2004 and 2009 240 millions euro are invested in Disneyland Resort paris", he parries the question.

Sounds great, ain't it?  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

I love your Ratatouille idea Baloo, it sounds fantastic and it would really fit in with the Studios and the fact that it's actually in Paris. It'd also be another unique attraction for DLRP :)

mehdi5

Quote from: "Soap"Well in one of our free dutch newspapers (Spits) there was a interview with the man behind the ToT, Tom Fitzgerald.
//http://www.spitsnet.nl/nieuws.php/11/11682/online/Achter_de_schermen_van_de_Tower_of_Terror_in_Disneyland_resort_Paris.html
It's in Dutch.

One of the interesting quotes is this one:
The largest mysteries, like for example the costs of the Tower or Terror, remain a secret. , "But between 2004 and 2009 240 millions euro are invested in Disneyland Resort paris", he parries the question.

Sounds great, ain't it?  :D
Yeah i saw that in my copy of that paper i picked up at the store :D
I can't wait to see what's coming to DLRP in the near future :)

Anthony

Quote from: "Soap"One of the interesting quotes is this one:
That's just the investment package they agreed in January 2005... but it's interesting they're still stringing that out to 2009. What have they got left to spend on between now and then? Playhouse Disney, more placemaking?

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Soap"One of the interesting quotes is this one:
That's just the investment package they agreed in January 2005... but it's interesting they're still stringing that out to 2009. What have they got left to spend on between now and then? Playhouse Disney, more placemaking?

I assume they haven't got that much money left. But I guess that when they found out that they had a small amount of money left after Tower of Terror, they opted for Stitch Live (which wasn't included in the 2005 plans) Playhouse Disney and probably the Stars & Motorcars Parade.