Another coaster in a shed?

Started by andrewuk, January 21, 2008, 10:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

The success of Crush cannot have been missed by the management, and a quick look at the Maurer Sohne website (where you can see the track layout for the XC2000 ride system that Crush is based on) shows that it is reasonably cheap and easy to get this type of ride. Seems like a no-brainer from the accountants point of view.

2 Questions:

Do you want another off-the-shelf-with-a-little-theming coaster in the resort :?:

If we were getting one, what would you like :?:
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

MSW

Well, if the problems could be fixed in future, then I'd say yes.

-breeno-

Yeah i'd love another coaster to come to DLRP.  Maybe a Ratatouille based one for Toon Studio.  I've never seen the movie myself (shame on me :lol: ) but from what i've seen from adverts etc they could have Remy (i think that's the main characters name) running around the kitchen but your running around it in the car.  Like you near missed stuff like table legs and food etc.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

No, definitely not.

It's hardly the fact they're a coaster-in-a-shed design that makes Crush, SM:M2 and RNRC popular anyway, so putting a coaster in a box isn't like a way to guarantee success.  I can't see Imagineering designing another coaster - any coaster - for DLP or WDS now. Except maybe a Casey Jr-level one for WDS, but even then unlikely. They've hit saturation.

But being less gloomy, a Cave of Wonders coaster would be fun. :)

andrewuk

Quote from: "Baloo"No, definitely not.

It's hardly the fact they're a coaster-in-a-shed design that makes Crush, SM:M2 and RNRC popular anyway, so putting a coaster in a box isn't like a way to guarantee success.  I can't see Imagineering designing another coaster - any coaster - for DLP or WDS now. Except maybe a Casey Jr-level one for WDS, but even then unlikely. They've hit saturation.

But being less gloomy, a Cave of Wonders coaster would be fun. :)

Being inside does give the imagineers complete control of the experience, so I think that the sheds do help. I would like to see another one (but Splash Mountain first [-o< ). I just wouldn't want 'coaster' in the attraction name. Splash, Soarin', and then a new coaster in the next phase of WDS expansion is how I'd like to see it go.

DLRP may have a lot of coasters for a disney resort, but compared to other theme parks there are not that many there.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

RnRCj

I don't think DLRP needs another coaster, at least not another thrill coaster. A family coaster might be okay in WDS, I'm not sure what they would theme it to though.

Actually, a new coaster would make DLRP the leading Disney resort for amount of coasters:

Disneyland Resort has 6.
Walt Disney World has 6.
Tokyo Disneyland has 5.
Disneyland Resort Paris has 6.
Hong Kong Disneyland has 1.

:D

We already have the most inversions:

DLR has 1.
WDW has 3.
TDL has 1.
DLRP has 7.
HKDL has 0.

...And people say DLRP sucks compared to the others. :P

MinniesBestPal

Oh I can think of a few ideas...

Tarzan's tree surfing roller coaster (except with a better name!)
Lilo and stitch surfer one (again, better name!)
A slightly slower bedknobs and broomsticks one
Cruella's car (she drives badly! LoL!)

etc.etc...

I want to be an imagineer when I'm older! Or an animator! I think being an imagineer would be more fun though!

If they made another ride, I would love to see them add Soarin! Soarin rocks! I went on it in Orlando in 2005! One of the best Disney rides there is!