MiceAge rumor, WDS next attraction?

Started by The Butlin Boy, September 08, 2007, 01:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

Quote from: "Kinou"Sorry to disappoint you but plans DO EXIST about a Parisian version of Splash Mountain. I saw them with my own eyes. So the project was and may be considered in the future.

So this is really true??? Do they have concept arts for it, I mean are there real "plans" or just thoughts of doing this ride? I would be soooo happy if they would do this, I actually love water rides ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Of course there are real plans, one of them even leaked out.  It's posted on the Webcot website I believe.  Should dig it up some time.   :)

Owain

Quote from: "raptor1982"Of course there are real plans, one of them even leaked out.  It's posted on the Webcot website I believe.  Should dig it up some time.   :)

Yeah that would be great !  :D

RockNRoller

What is the obsession with "Splash Mountain". Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt it a dark ride with a log flume at the end. Surely with todays technology we can have something better?
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Disneyana

Yes me too. Okay Splash Mountain is cool, but I do not mind having it in DLP. I would like to see more attractions only build and created for DLP. To make DLP even more unique.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "RockNRoller"What is the obsession with "Splash Mountain". Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt it a dark ride with a log flume at the end. Surely with todays technology we can have something better?

You're not serious, right?

Splash has a full AA cast with characters as cool as the pirates and ghosts we have in DLP (and loads of them), as well as several drops.  It is very clear you have never been on it.  It's like calling Star Tours just a movie and PotC just a boat ride.
since 2001 (many before that)

RockNRoller

[/quote]
a full AA cast with characters as cool as the pirates and ghosts we have in DLP (and loads of them), as well as several drops.  It is very clear you have never been on it.  It's like calling Star Tours just a movie and PotC just a boat ride.[/quote]

Correct I've never been on it and it does sound impressive however whenever we (the fans) discover a new ride is coming the clamour is for "Splash" why not something of our own instead of someone elses hand me down?
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

dr.jones

QuoteSorry to disappoint you but plans DO EXIST about a Parisian version of Splash Mountain. I saw them with my own eyes. So the project was and may be considered in the future.
QuoteOf course there are real plans, one of them even leaked out. It's posted on the Webcot website I believe. Should dig it up some time.
These posts are already two months old, and yet not a single piece of evidence has seen the light of day. Not even on Webcot  :P So where are these plans?
Except that PhotoShopped picture (on which they move the station, and which is a combination of the Orlando-blueprint and a Parisian satellite photo), I'm still waiting for something more than rumours and imagination. An interview with an important imagineer (like Tony Baxter) would already be very helpful.
Or could it be that Paris will never see a Splash Mountain? :lol:

Riebi

I think the splash mountain thing will be not a attraction of the next 2-4 years. Maybe later. So why sould they write thousends of reports now :wink:  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Quote from: "dr.jones"
QuoteSorry to disappoint you but plans DO EXIST about a Parisian version of Splash Mountain. I saw them with my own eyes. So the project was and may be considered in the future.
QuoteOf course there are real plans, one of them even leaked out. It's posted on the Webcot website I believe. Should dig it up some time.
These posts are already two months old, and yet not a single piece of evidence has seen the light of day. Not even on Webcot  :P So where are these plans?
Except that PhotoShopped picture (on which they move the station, and which is a combination of the Orlando-blueprint and a Parisian satellite photo), I'm still waiting for something more than rumours and imagination. An interview with an important imagineer (like Tony Baxter) would already be very helpful.
Or could it be that Paris will never see a Splash Mountain? :lol:

Not everyone has time on his hand to look for something he saw 2 years ago.  But nice you noticed "An interview with an important imagineer (like Tony Baxter) would already be very helpful."  Get yourself a subscription on the Tales from the Laughing Place magazine in which those important imagineers confirm that Splash Mountain was intended for the Cottonwood Creek area.  I'll scan in that bit of the interview, if I have the time, but I doubt it...

dr.jones

QuoteNot everyone has time on his hand to look for something he saw 2 years ago.
Isn't it ironic? This quote comes from someone who apparently does have the time to run this forum in a totalitarian way (but not for making one simple scan). :? And don't even bother telling me that "this is no way to talk to an administrator or you will be banned for life from my kingdom". :roll: Because frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Filip

Quote"this is no way to talk to an administrator or you will be banned for life from my kingdom"
Hah, i know. I remeber that too. Sorry it just sounds so funny to me... :P

Kristof

Quote from: "dr.jones"
QuoteNot everyone has time on his hand to look for something he saw 2 years ago.
Isn't it ironic? This quote comes from someone who apparently does have the time to run this forum in a totalitarian way (but not for making one simple scan). :? And don't even bother telling me that "this is no way to talk to an administrator or you will be banned for life from my kingdom". :roll: Because frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Good 'cause you are.  It's MY kingdom after al, right?   No one calls me fascist here, even if he twists the words to sound intelligent.

And Filip, if you don't like it here, just leave.

obiwan77

my dear raptor,

First of all, I'm a Phd in International Politics, so I assume I'm quite intelligent. Thanks to this education, I do know the difference between a totalitarist and a fascist. Now I'm not going to summarize my courses of political philosophy, but

a totalitarist = someone who is completely intolerant for opinions and visions which are not the same as his own. In other words, everybody has to think like him. The others have to share his views and ideas TOTALLY, even if these are questionable or false.
This is NOT the same as a fascist!! If you think so, that's your problem, not mine.

Now, I wanna thank you to prove me right and ban "dr.jones" from this forum. You could very easily have proven me wrong by putting the SplashMountain-evidence on line. But no, you chose the other option. Why?
And why such a hard reaction to Filip, who clearly saw the irony of my remark! Nobody knows everything! Not you, not me, not anybody. So why being so radical to others on so many occasions?

By the way, as you can see, I didn't have much trouble getting back on line on this forum. Just don't underestimate me, I'll always come back when and where I want. Not for you, but for the interesting opinions of all the other users.

So long,
obiwan77, the avatar formerly known as dr.jones

The Butlin Boy

Can i just say, I don't quite know how you or anyone can do what has just happened and verbally attack a forum owner on his own forum. After all this is his forum and he is letting you be a member and post on here, and in return if you are abusive towards him you will be banned so don't act so surprised. It's bad enough that you can be rude to anyone like this but on there own forum is just pointless, if you have a problem just leave and don't come back to  do so again. I'm sorry if this was inappropriate, but I thought that it'd only be right, especially after everything that Raptor has and is doing for us on both the magic forum and Photosmagiques.