MiceAge rumor, WDS next attraction?

Started by The Butlin Boy, September 08, 2007, 01:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

Quote from: "raptor1982"The financial agreement between the banks, Euro Disney SCA and the Walt Disney Co. by André Lacroix in 2004 called for a period of 5 years of new investments, followed by 5 years without, and then again an investment period of 5 years for new attractions or add-ons.

Yes , but if that agreement was made in 2004 , we still get new investments till 2009 right? 5 years?

Kristof

The agreement didn't call for an attraction each year, but an investment period over 5 years.  That includes the placemaking projects.  There are no new attractions planned for 2009.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quotethe entire Resort?

Yep, surprise suprise, no splash mountain.

QuoteToy Story Mania version

Alain refers to an attraction using the technology from TS Mania, not the theming.

Quote from: "loaloa"Hello, Alain Littaye, here. I am the one who did the article on miceage , and even if i can't tell you my source, all i can say it that the info of an eventual attraction coming between RARC and the stunt show is coming from a VERY reliable source at DLPI.

All this is subject to the financial approval of the park, of course, but if in 2-3 years you see a new attraction in this zone, remember you read it on miceage first!

I will not doubt your source, but I have a very reliable source as well at ELDI which said there will be no new attractions the coming 4 years.  So maybe afterwards.

Quoteremember you read it on miceage first!

The gigantic logo's made that clear already.  :wink:

Interesting, as I have an excellent source in Glendale that states if this year does well financially, we have a number of attractions to look forward to.  The plot thickens.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Yesitsme"
Quote from: "raptor1982"I think it makes sense to not build anything new for a couple of years after TOT purely to 'cash in' on this new E-ticket like MGM did when their TOT opened back in 94.

And at DCA, ToT did very little to increase their attendance.
since 2001 (many before that)

SkySurfer

Quote from: "Nala_84"Hey, why are you all complaining about no new attractions for the next 4 years?? :shock: ;)

We got (or get)...

- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
- Crush's Coaster
- Cars Race Rally
- Toon Studio Area
- Tower of Terror & Hollywood Bld
- Once Upon A Dream Parade
- New character location or something as replacement for Critter Corral
(- maybe a new parade at WDS)

That's so much, isn't it? I'm very glad to have SO many new attractions when I go to DLRP after two long years, so come on, let's enjoy those many new things and you can still be looking forward to all the new things that await us after 2011 :)  :ears:  Let DLRP calm down a bit with their finance and stuff!

You are so right Nala!
We got so many new attractions and theming this year! Not to forget Stich next year!
We all know about the financial situation of DLRP. All these new attractions are just awesome!
The parks are more exciting than ever! And I bet, with Toon Studio and the Tower, our Studios will get a great attendance!
I always hear people saying: Why don´t we get new attractions.
Hey... we got a lot!
And don´t forget... we got a complete new park just 5 years ago!
And all these new things we got this year! I think thats really really good!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"There are no new attractions planned for 2009.

Yet! :lol:

Just kidding Raptor :wink:

RockNRoller

I'd say Splash Mountain is still coming in 2012, when TOT and Toon Studio were anounced I'm sure they said they would be building a new 'monster hit' from the USA parks in 2012.[/quote]

Or when they say "Monster" is that a hint to Monsters Inc :?: Think about it Cars, Nemo both pixar.

Personnally I'm looking forward to all the new stuff we have, why worry about the future enjoy today.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Disneyana

I'm not disappointed that there will not be any new attractions in the next years. In the last years we got a lot of new stuff. And I'm sure that there will come more new things someday. But for now it's enough. DLP needs to calm down for their financial situation. Please people think a bit logical, they can't only build and build and spent the money more and more. they need to save a bit of the earned money to pay back. Many years we hadn't new attractions before. So we should be happy with all the additions we have now.

And I wouldn't like an attraction between R'n'RC and Moteurs. This would be too crowded with attractions then. I'm still wishing for a nice table service restaurant. I never eat at the studios just because there isn't a really nice restaurant. Something like the Sci Fi would be cool.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

dr.jones

QuoteI'd say Splash Mountain is still coming in 2012
Many people will be disappointed, but there is NOT a single piece of empirical evidence that Splash Mountain was ever planned in Paris (except a fake/manipulated drawing on some websites). In short, there's a 99% chance that there will NEVER be a Splash Mountain in Europe. Maybe 100%, because Woody has conquered Frontierland now.
And yes, I know Spalsh Mountain is off topic!

In my opinion, it's not really a bad thing that they're not going to build new attractions for a few years. That gives them the opportunity to save money, which enables them to do a few large investments (Soarin', Indiana Jones Adventure!!) after 2012.

ightenhill

I have to agree thats what is desperatly needed in the studios to stop anyone with tastebuds wandering away is a decent full service restaurant  :D .. The site now has an E ride and the placemaking will stop it looking like a barren road through some warehouses so lets have somewhere nice to eat to hold people for that bit longer. The equivelent of the Brown Derby would be just fine.

Personally I have never got Soarin.. Its a crowd draw without doubt but its a one ride event.. Theres no thrill on repeat ridings and the way the american parks have allowed the film quality to deteriate and still not come up with Soarin the sequal does not sit well with me.

And unless its Splash mountain the heated dry version  :D I think we can forget that one for ever..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Kinou

Quote from: "dr.jones"
QuoteI'd say Splash Mountain is still coming in 2012
Many people will be disappointed, but there is NOT a single piece of empirical evidence that Splash Mountain was ever planned in Paris (except a fake/manipulated drawing on some websites). In short, there's a 99% chance that there will NEVER be a Splash Mountain in Europe. Maybe 100%, because Woody has conquered Frontierland now.
And yes, I know Spalsh Mountain is off topic!

In my opinion, it's not really a bad thing that they're not going to build new attractions for a few years. That gives them the opportunity to save money, which enables them to do a few large investments (Soarin', Indiana Jones Adventure!!) after 2012.

Sorry to disappoint you but plans DO EXIST about a Parisian version of Splash Mountain. I saw them with my own eyes. So the project was and may be considered in the future.

Even if I would MUCH prefer INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE (best disney ride ever!).
Hug it out bitch !

Owain

Off topic; I no at first i thought  :o  No new attractions for five years, but now im thinking they can save up for another huge 20th celebration with another big attraction and some smaller ones. *cough* Splash Mountain *cough*  :P

penfold12

According to blue sky disney, there may be new attractions, and that its all being presented to Robert Iger soon?!?

//http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2007/10/blue-sky-alert-europe-paris-sleeping.html

Soap

Wow, great article Penfold! Sounds really promising. don't it? Maybe the steps are little, but they are taking them!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

ightenhill

Quote from: "Kinou"Sorry to disappoint you but plans DO EXIST about a Parisian version of Splash Mountain. I saw them with my own eyes. So the project was and may be considered in the future.

Even if I would MUCH prefer INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE (best disney ride ever!).

I think what the orginal poster meant was that there is no evidence that it will/would be built, regardless of plans. Disney various development teams will place in plan form every single form of attraction into a first stage development but many will never pass that stage. Personally I think Splash Mountain would fit into Frontierland perfectly thematically but the constraints of the Parisian weather will always come to bear at any develpment stage and that will be the end of it.  My guess for the next draw(after a new restaurant for the studios) would be another crowd/audience holding attraction such as Philarmagic. If you look at the development/building costings versus  popularity ratio for the american parks its hard for them to ignore such a cheap and cheerful quick fix.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]