Lost rides - concept art!!!

Started by Kristof, April 02, 2004, 12:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Tnx to Experiment627, we got our hands on a copy of the Eurodisney opening ceremony.  During this show, they gave a small preview to the upcoming attractions.  The quality is rather poor...

Disney-MGM Studios Europe

Park hub

Park entrance

"Studio 1"

Grand Movie Palace

Overview

Indiana Jones Stunt Show

Beauty and the Beast darkride

Little Mermaid darkride

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

flor

I just love the concept of the Studios: Chinese Theater  :shock:

Kristof

I hope they will build the Mermaid ride someday... Ursulla looks cool.

Anthony

Wow! Thanks raptor!  I've heard about these concepts announced at the opening for so long but i've never actually seen the pictures myself!

The Little Mermaid darkride looks *very* cool, and i've always loved the sound of the Beauty and the Beast darkride/show aswell.  I'm not too keen on the MGM Studios Europe - it all looks very bland and hard to distinguish.  I guess i just haven't heard enough about what attractions would be there, but then again if they were good ones then maybe i don't want to..!  :x

experiment627

Quote from: "flor"I just love the concept of the Studios: Chinese Theater  :shock:

Might still happen... at least I hope so.

Quote from: "Baloo"The Little Mermaid darkride looks *very* cool

That's why I want to see it at the Studios so badly.

Kristof

How would you design the mermaid building?  I'd love to see the Mermaid Lagoon building from Disney Seas:

Anthony

If it was in the Studios then i'm not sure.  On one hand, you could instantly think to put inside i very bland soundstage like all the other attractions, but then on the other hand as it would be in Animation Courtyard that DisneySeas design would look fantastic.  Animation Courtyard *should* be all wonderful and colourful but it's just as drab and dreary as the rest of the park!  Something as bright, exciting and memorable as this is exactly what it needs!

Can you imagine WDS with:
1) The Little Mermaid dark-ride in Animation Courtyard
2) A ride like Buzz Lightyear in Production Courtyard
3) Tower of Terror
Wouldn't that be great?  All the gaps would be filled and the park would finally be complete, offering something exciting for everyone and a totally fun one-day experience!  Now, does anyone have a spare $50m?? :P  :roll:

Kristof

Maybe he does........

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Can you imagine WDS with:
1) The Little Mermaid dark-ride in Animation Courtyard
2) A ride like Buzz Lightyear in Production Courtyard
3) Tower of Terror

I'm getting bored with this whole Tower of Terror-discussion. Actually, I don't want that attraction anymore.
At least as long as they can't pull it off properly with the necessary thematic wit. (And I don't see that coming for the next 15 - 20 years

Kristof

Mmm, haven't seen a ToT discussion for quite some time now... Although, I would love to see it in the Studios Park.  Either within 5 years, or 20 years...  :D

Anthony

Sorry, it's just after seeing how great DCA's Tower of Terror looks i'm back to wanting it in WDS again!  I'm sure this terrible disease i have will only get worse as May 4th approaches (that is the opening, isn't it?)

I can understand why you don't want the tower, and in a lot of ways i agree - wrong place, wrong time, wrong attraction!!! - but i still love everything about it that i still really really want it in Paris!

If you really get sick of me talking about "getting ToT in WDS" then you know what you have to do... buy me a plane ticket to California, or better still - Florida!  :P  :D

experiment627

I just think that - at the moment - WDS does not have the necessary infrastructure and "show areas" for any amazing E-"Plus"-tickets like "Tower", DLP's "SM", DL's "Indy" etc. ... and I don't see these problems solved for a looooong time

Quote from: "Baloo"If you really get sick of me talking about "getting ToT in WDS" then you know what you have to do... buy me a plane ticket to California, or better still - Florida!  :P  :D

Just started saving, pal  :wink:

Kristof

Can you believe we were talking about this just a year ago!!!  There's soooo much going on in the resort now, almost all the things we wished for in this topic are being right now!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

kate

hi

i can't see the photos in the first post just a load of small red crosses, is there a link i can go to?
 thanks
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Kristof

They aren't on the server anymore.  I'll try to upload them this weekend.