Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HildeKitten

HildeKitten

Just double checking because I'm buying my ticket tomorrow and I don't want unpleasant surprises on the day itself:
Is it still the case that a carer gets a free entry ticket as long as the person with disabilities has a valid ticket?
And do you have to go to City Hall for it, or to the regular ticket booths at the entrance of the park?
Thank you so much for your help guys! :)

NCC1701Q

Yes and the regular ticket booth outside (please note: my experience is that nothing is 100% certain in a sentence that has both the word "disability" and "cast member" in it) :)

HildeKitten

Thank you!
You have a very valid point, but thanks for taking the time to answer my questions anyway :)
I'll just hope things go smoothly :)

HildeKitten

Just to let everyone know that you can still get ONE free carer ticket for someone accompanying a person with disabilities. Provided they have a government issued disabilities card, and a valid ticket.
You just have to go to the Donald Desk to sort it out now :)
You can also do it pretty early in the morning, because I did it at 9am (printed entrance ticket and my EU disability card in hand) and it was no problem. The CM was super friendly and helpful, and we were allowed to enter the park at 9.30am.

I just wanted to put that here for other people that need this info. My husband and I went on October 5th.
It's best to ask a CM at the entrance to double check things though, because DLP tends to make changes and you might accidently end in the wrong queue if you don't check (we did check and that's how we ended up at the Donald Desk).

HildeKitten

Guys, because on twitter there was a lot of stuff going around that you would HAVE to have the app and that the disability access cards would be linked to it, I asked DLP help in twitter DM.
You do in fact: NOT need the app.
However, DLP now demands the following paperwork, even for a green disability card, and this is a direct copy paste:

In order to receive an Access card, the following documents are required :

Priority Card: for disabled guests (anyone who is officially registered as disabled).
-Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Attendance Allowance award letter (AA) all dated within the last 12 months.
-Personal Independence Payment letter (PIP) dated within the last 12 months.
-A current and valid Blue Badge
-Letter from General Practitioner (GP) or consultant, signed and stamped (dated within the last 12 months) confirming the need for a full time carer or certifying that the person has a permanent disability. This does not need to be a letter of diagnosis.

Easy Access Card: for guests with a temporary illness and for expectant mothers.
-Letter from General Practitioner (GP) or consultant, signed and stamped (dated within the last 12 months) certifying that the person has a temporary illness or is pregnant.

IMPORTANT ! Unfortunately we will not be able to issue an Access Card without seeing the above documentation.
For more information, please check here : http://alc.cx/2/3y7f  .
With kind regards,
Lexi °o°

Can anyone confirm whether they really ask for that information at the Donald Desk or City Hall?

polar vixen

When we went in March it was 1 of those things, not all of them. With the dla letter they asked if we had something stating what the disability was (because of course dla letters don't) . My boys diagnosis letters were over 5 years old but they were happy to accept that with the recent dla letter. Many people in the uk have a disability but still don't qualify for a blue badge- making it an impossible thing to show. So yeah just one item from the list is fine. They also wanted to see our passports for proof of identity

Thaliel

Is there any way one could rent an electric scooter to use in DLP?
My mom has gotten severe problems with her back and hip, but we cannot transport two wheelchairs in our car, and not our own scooter either.
<-Plz click