Lost rides - concept art!!!

Started by Kristof, April 02, 2004, 12:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I've fixed the links!  Enjoy!

Anthony

And now, thanks to raptor, we've got lots of screencaps from the "Behind The Ride That Almost Was with Disney Imagineers" featurette on the new Little Mermaid dvd.  I won't repost them all here, but they're really really worth checking out:

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2006/10/ ... rmaid.html

The attraction exterior:

:o  :o  :o

The Butlin Boy

:o WOW! :o

Miss Tinkerbell

beauty and the beast darkride was even on the maps once wasn't it?? l just wished they'd build it...l just don't see where except WDS now, fantasyland is kind of full...

Kristof

Beauty and the Beast was supposed to be an Audio-Animatronic show, with a live Belle singing with the animatronics.  It was supposed to go next to the Fantasyland gate.

TowMater

Quote from: "raptor1982"Beauty and the Beast was supposed to be an Audio-Animatronic show, with a live Belle singing with the animatronics.  It was supposed to go next to the Fantasyland gate.

Might that woman who plays Belle will be sick of singing with them?  :?

Or they'll swap over every 10 minutes.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

CafeFantasia

You know, people were saying that the Little Mermaid ride would never get built at Disneyland Paris now, because of Crush's Coaster. But, from the looks of things, they aren't that similar at all. The "dry-for-wet" technology in Crush's Coaster seems to be non-existent. So, maybe there's a chance of the Little Mermaid being built afterall?

Btw, check out Tony Baxter's house in that DVD screen capture. Pretty nice Fantasyland decor he has going on there :-)

Atlantica

I had no idea they were going to build a Beauty and the Beast ride! That would have been amazing!

But I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the Little Mermaid ride get built. That would be the best. I mean, I know there are lots of people who may love it, I would prefer to have a Little Mermaid / Beauty and the Beast ride rather than the Pinoccio one the have. Thats just my opinion though  :)

But Wow to all those pics! Some fantastic stuff!  :shock:  :D

MSW

Quote from: "Miss Tinkerbell"beauty and the beast darkride was even on the maps once wasn't it?? l just wished they'd build it...l just don't see where except WDS now, fantasyland is kind of full...

FANTASYLAND IS KIND OF FULL...
Well, if I look at this, they could build it right there?
Near It's a Small world: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2006/10/ ... aid-01.jpg

But, I don't know if It's a Small World is useful. Well, that's my opinion, but would it be nicer if The Little Mermaid would be in that building? Because I never saw It's a Small world as a fairytale, but just as an production of FranceTelecom®.
It's just, 'putted there' :(  .

Than you'll have the space for even more fairytales  :P .

Bye, MSW

tubbsy

Theres all the history behind its a small world though isnt there? Its not just here becuase of FranceTelecom®. But because of Walts concept and how it was put together for the original (please excuse me if I am wrong) World trade fair in New York c. 1965 I think. Anyway, Walt was ask to "throw something together" to promote Pepsi and Is a Small world is what he came up with!

I would still love to see the Ariel ride though. We do need another classic princess theme ride.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club