Blast from the Past - Vintage EuroDisney Paris 1994

Started by Anonymous, May 15, 2007, 07:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Brillant photos there thanks for sharing them.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

DisneyBud

WOW! What amazing photos, these are really interesting to see, and I love the ones from the parade - being somewhat of a parade fan! It is also interesting to see how it has all changed over the years aswell. Bring Roger Rabbit and the credit card tickets back to the park I say!!!

Soap

Thx for this gr8 post Dark_Prince!  8)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

mtt

thanks for the great pics dprince
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

skalos

A photo that I found from 1994...

Me and my brother (Im the small one)...

coruscantpt

Great pics. It brings me back many memories. I was there that same year. When did you go there? what time of the year?
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Anonymous

It was a scorching weekend in August.

coruscantpt

I went in the last week of july. I will scan my photos and show them.. Got the Alladin parade in the morning
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

princesskins

Hi all!

My fiance showed me this thread a little while ago, I just had to reply!

I first went to DLRP in 1992 - about a month after it opened! I have loads  of photos that my parents and I took, but can only find one on the computer! Disaster! I'll upload some more when I go home at the end of my university term in a week or so - for now here's the only one I could find!

I believe we went in late July/early August, I would have just turned 8, I remember it being boiling hot, and there being lots of teenagers barging around the queues pushing through and the cast members doing nothing to stop them  :roll:

It was absolutely packed the whole time we were there, we stayed in a hotel just outside Paris with a package deal - had a day in Disneyland and two in Paris.

There wasn't very much in the Disney Village, and I remember a very long walk to and from the car park - the moving walkways were broken!

Anywhat, as I say, I'll post some more as and when I find them! There'll also be some from 1996/7, 2000 and 2001 somewhere but I'll try not to get them muddled up!

Anonymous

I remember Disney Village being very sparse back in 1994. Although, actually, looking at the map in the brochure, it seems as if most of the stuff was there, so the memory definitely plays tricks.

Are the moving walkways still there? My first visit we stayed off site, and came in to the resort via the car park, and moving walkways. But the last couple of times I've stayed at Disney hotels, so have always walked down to Disneyland via Disney Village.

Patrick

Yes the moving walkways are still there in the carpark to the resort hub.  It's really great seeing all these old photos.  Cool to see dlrp in a new view in old scanned photos as compared to today's usual digital photos.

Nicholas-c

cool! if im honest tho it looks the same :p
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anonymous

Well, I think the main differences are Space Mountain is still under construction in those photo's.

And the parade. There were changes to some of the floats. Ariel's float had a boat on it rather than the clamshell.

There was a different Snow White float, and various other floats which disappeared over the years like the Peter Pan, Jungle Book, Dumbo and Pinocchio floats.

Some of the floats were used differently, like the Sleeping Beauty float which had Philip fighting the dragon, and had Aurora underneath the dragon, in a different dress, which she never wore in the film!

They also used real horses in the parade!

Anonymous

Oh, and you can see the riverboats in operation around Thunder Mesa.

Anonymous

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Yes the moving walkways are still there in the carpark to the resort hub.  It's really great seeing all these old photos.  Cool to see dlrp in a new view in old scanned photos as compared to today's usual digital photos.

Having said that, I do prefer the detail in my scanned photo's. But I hope everyone enjoyed seeing my old photo's, and I thought it was a nice time to bring out these old photo's, as the park is celebrating it's 15th Anniversary.

It's always nice to see a thread greeted with a lot of enthusiasm from people, especially one which has had a lot of work put into it.

:)