creating a better resort

Started by peter, February 27, 2011, 06:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

It would be good to have something other than a shop or a restaurant as well. Maybe a museum dedicated to Walt?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

interesting, gonna look at that

peter

Which parts don't you understand, and I'll try to help

luke85

Quote from: "peter"Which parts don't you understand, and I'll try to help
I think he's/she's a spammer...

Josh

Quote from: "luke85"
Quote from: "peter"Which parts don't you understand, and I'll try to help
I think he's/she's a spammer...
He's not. Every post that he's made has been on topic. :) It's just that he's posting a spam link on each post.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

luke85

That's what I thought, but is he posting the spam, or has someone hi-jacked his posts?

peter

Am I right in thinking that the reason the fireworks aren't more often is because of how close the park is to the town behind it. What about the display happening further across?

Josh

I think it's just a money saving measure. The fireworks aren't too loud, so that's not the problem. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

ok, going to start designing soon

peter

ok, so i've finished phase 1 of the disney village, this is a really big area.

first up is the current disney village. the area stays the same, except that the current disney store is split into two shops. on one side is a large information and reservation centre. the other shop sells disney games, with several available to play. the currently unused hurricanes night club is turned into upstairs seating for rainforest cafe.

now for phase 1:

most of the road is pedestrianised. i've shown the world of disney next to the village. at the top corner would be two coffee shops, and the black lines are new, permanent security buildings. one is themed for the studios, annd one for dlp. the pink area is a new station building for the train station, with a large glass front. on the waterfront are restaurants, one is a steakhouse set on a large steamboat. the convention centres are linked together and then to a new hotel, which would be used for the centre users mainly, but some suites will be for normal guests. these rooms will all face the waterfront.
on the path are two large shops, and a dinner show. there will also be a cafe with dancing on a raised platform. the shop next to it is a car hire place, so that people can drive to paris or other nearby destinations.

next is phase 2:

the first area is the restaurant district. these would be different cuisines, and some major chefs restaurants. in the middle of the square is a stage for nightime entertainment. the shop opposite is the car hire. then there is the ticket centre, where several tickets can be bought, the normal, day tickets, but these would be a maximum of one park a day, and then multi-park tickets(can go to both parks each day), and 'ultimate' tickets, which give entry to both parks, entry to the fantasmic show(more later), a ride in the hot air balloon, entry to the cirque du soleil show, entry onto the walt disney story, and to the waterpark(both later). tickets for individual attractions are also available.

next to the centre is the walt disney story. this is an omnimover following walt disney. entry without an 'ultimate' ticket is 5 euros. beyond this is "D street". these shops are all designing shops. there is a mickey and minnie style build a bear, a shop where you can design t shirts, a design your own toy car shop, plus other branded stores. this continues over the stream. the whole street is covered by a glass roof, and projections are displayed onto it. also above is a walkway connecting the new hotel to a viewing area and bar that overlook the fantasmic arena. as you leave D street, ahead is a shop selling souvenirs for fantasmic and cirque du soleil. opposite this is a large lego store, with areas to play with the lego.

opposite the hotel, which has a covered pool, is a fountain pond, and food and drink carts spread throughout. at the end is a bus depot, where the shuttle buses travel to the parks, hotels, and also a direct shuttle bus to val d'europe, where a new mini depot is placed.

to the left is the large waterpark. it has themed areas, a little mermaid area with many interactive features, a pirate cove, with a large pirate ship, and wave machines, and a bahamas area with large slides. inside is a bahamas themed cafe, and adults are given an electronic wristband, which is used to charge guests when taking a drink, they then pay as they leave. next door is the several thousand seater cirque du soleil theatre. next to this is fantasmic. there is a restaurant looking onto this for dining packages, and the large amphitheatre can seat many thousandths.

what do you think. i'll make a timeline soon.

peter

timeline time

so i'll do it in the normal year 1, year 2 style

year 1
in low season, the new security booths are put in, construction on the nearby coffee shops begins

year 2
the tunnel between the conference centres is coffee shop opens. construction begins on the centre hotel.

year 3
new station building construction. lakeside restaurants begin construction.

year 4
restaurants and hotel open, advertised when conference centre is booked.

year 5
pedestrianising begins. two large shops begin construction

year 6
paths finished, and dinner show and cafe begin construction. shops open

year 7
cafe and dinner show open, and the car hire is built and opens by december.

a break between phase 1 and 2 will take place for 5 years, until money spent is made back.

year 12
construction on restaurant district begins, as does work on 'D street'

year 13
restaurant district opens, and work continues on D street.

year 14
d street opens. hotel construction begins.

year 16
hotel opens, and the bus depot opens. all attractions except waterpark and the two shows open. construction on these begins

year 19
waterpark, theatre and fantasmic open, and work on the hotel bar for fantasmic begins.

year 20
bar and viewing area open. shuttle bus to val d'europe starts

peter

so, what do you think? leave comments, thanks

peter

i'm thinking of maybe moving onto doing the resort hotels. i would probably start with the ones in the plans above. what do people think?