Your Ideal 2012 Aditions!

Started by Austin Danger Kelly, January 20, 2011, 01:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin Danger Kelly

We all know that DLP is 20 soon enough and that(hopefully) Eurodisney SCA will celebrate by building some new rides. Splash mountain is the one everyone talks about, but I want to know what other rides/attractions people would like to see added. They can be completely your own concepts, or copied from other parks. They can also be as crazy or realistic as you want them to be.
Personall myself I'm not so sure if much will be added. We all know the money problems SCA is having.
Past visits to the Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Hotel Three Times.
Sequoia Lodge Four Times.
Travelers Explorers Hotel Once.
]

CafeFantasia

Given that we're already in January 2011, and April 2012 is just 15 months away, I doubt Disney can get anything built in time for the 20th anniversary of Disneyland Park. So I don't think we should expect any big e-ticket attractions.

What would be nice is Star Tours 2 and perhaps some enhancements/upgrades to Pirates of the Caribbean. But, given DLP's lack of money, I really doubt either of these will happen. What we're most likely to get is some sort of "celebration" involving cheesy character shows and ugly decorations.

dagobert

Like Alan already said, it seem that we will not see any new attraction in 2012, but I'm sure new shows involving toons. Hopefully the park decorations will be elegant and not so ugly like the like Mickey's Magical Party.

I hope that Star Tours II, Little Mermaid and Ratatouille will come to Paris in the next years. But due to the bad financial situation, I doubt it.

Austin Danger Kelly

Hmm yes, as much as it pains me to admit it, you too have  probably got it spot on there. But surely they'll do a bit more than ugly fibreglass characters on Main St Station for what could there biggest money spinner yet?
]

Festival Disney

I'd like to see a return of De la Terre a la Lune instead of Mission 2, and a nice refurbishment of the whole mountain to try and reduce that roughness!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Austin Danger Kelly

What disgusts me is when I was in DLP a week ago, the huge Mission 2 poster stuck onto the side of SM was peeling off, and they had turned off the steam effect at takeoff. And the waterfeature in Discovereyland was literly FULL of used cartons and bottles. It was horrible. It's beyond me how SCA could manage to turn such a beautiful place into an absolute eyesore. I would have thought it nearly impossibe, but there doing a great job at it. If they can get there act together and clean the place up for 2012, I'd be happy with that.
A clean park. Is it to much to ask?
]

Festival Disney

I noticed the Mission 2 poster peeling back in December... they still haven't fixed it!?!?! The cannon should atleast have smoke, I hold no hope for the recoil action anymore  :(
As for the Cartons and the rest of the sh*t that idiots throw into the water features, I see no reason why the cleaning crew can't reach this crap with their litter pickers, or even a long pole of sorts... I think eurodisney need to get a different overnight cleaning company in to be perfectly honest... The one they have doesn't get the park up to the Disney standard.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Austin Danger Kelly

I cant see why they dont give some of the cast members litter pickers. Theres so many cast members if they all picked up one or two things a day, we'd be seeing a lot cleaner park. Its not a perfect solution but its cheep and easy, and SCA seems to have a BIG thing for cheep and easy.
]

lil-shawn

That´s an easy question, all the park need´s for 2012 is a new Management, New Entertainment Crew, People who realy know how to run a Disney Park and who know what the Park need´s and what makes it high quality again...
They need to stop spending Money they don´t have on stupid ideas like Ratatouille at Manhattan Restaurant, or other changes that are not needed. Damn they´re not able to announce new additions if anything is planed. I don´t think we should expect a lot for 2012, am sure all we get is, decorations, a new show, rethemed character express (again and again) maybe new firework and World of Disney Store...

DisneyBart

I think/hope that the Lion King will return. :-) With the additions of enternaining this year and some extra next year Disneyland will be back to it's old standars. About the rubish in the park, it's the mentality and lach of respect of the guests that visit Disneyland. Years a go people had more respect and throw there rubish not on the floor... :-s

Austin Danger Kelly

So its a fairly common befief then. The thing thats dampening the magic in DLP is its parent company, EuroDisney SCA.
Are they just inexperianced in handleing a park as staggeringly big as DLP, or is it something else?
In my own opionin i think a more American infulence on the parks management would only be a good thing.
]

lil-shawn

Right a more american influence would not hurt. am not again changes but in the case of the management and the quality i say they have to go back to the 1992 standarts... the food was incredible, the cleanlines were very high, the CM were more friendly than today and much more..
TWDC shuld build some new attraktions, and take some more shares like they did at HKDL.

mattboywonder

I'd love to see them do something like a special limited run version of 'Phantom Manor' using the soundtrack recorded by Vincent Price that was orignally intended for the park.  I agree Star Tours II would be a good additional and not as expensive as building a whole new attraction.
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Austin Danger Kelly

Quote from: "mattboywonder"I'd love to see them do something like a special limited run version of 'Phantom Manor' using the soundtrack recorded by Vincent Price that was orignally intended for the park.
What soundtrack is that? I didnt know he made more than one.
]

CafeFantasia

Next year (2012) Disneyland Paris is 20 years old, right? Well, In 1991 Walt Disney World was 20 years old too, but compared to Disneyland Paris it had grown significantly.

When WDW was 20 years old, it already had 3 theme parks, 2 water parks, and about 12 resort hotels! Crazy. And in 1991/1992 to celebrate WDW's 20th anniversary, what new things did they open?

• Muppet Vision 3D
• SpectroMagic Parade
• Sci-Fi DIne-In Theater Restaurant
• Splash Mountain
• Voyage of the Little Mermaid (show)
• Port Orleans Resort
• Old Key West Resort

That's a lot of development. Disneyland Paris is far far behind.