A new restaurant for Disney Studios ?

Started by Timbo, February 13, 2009, 01:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

I'm sure most people would agree the dining options in the Studios are very limited,if you could have a new restaurant/dining option what would you like to see ?
I think it would be great to have version of Florida's Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre from Disney's Hollywood Studios.It used to be their most popular diner in that park,so I am sure it would work really well in Paris;and the theming of a fifties drive in cinema would fit in with the Hollywood Boulevard,although the restaurant is all indoors !

Pete's Dragon

This is what I would like to see in the Studios, a Chinese restaurant in the style of Mann's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. Funnily enough, it was the basis of my first ever post   :)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4953&hilit=chinese+restaurant&start=0

Anthony

Quote from: "Timbo"I think it would be great to have version of Florida's Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre from Disney's Hollywood Studios.It used to be their most popular diner in that park,so I am sure it would work really well in Paris;and the theming of a fifties drive in cinema would fit in with the Hollywood Boulevard,although the restaurant is all indoors !
Yes! This would be really popular in WDS. The drive-in theatre is something we just don't have. I'd put it between RNRC and the Moteurs Action area, with an entrance between the two themed to an Area 51 rock formation with a UFO crashed into it. You enter via a Pizza Planet-style tunnel (but nicer) to the building hidden further back.

In Toy Story Playland, I'd provide the toy actors with their own Hollywood Brown Derby-esque dining establishment in the form of Potato Head's Restaurant, a buffet/table service place in the shape of Mr Potato Head's hat...

The Ratatouille dark ride should also have a Gusteau's Restaurant incorporated into it like Blue Lagoon at POTC.

But in reality we'll just get another Café Cafés...

RnRCj

Quote from: "Timbo"I'm sure most people would agree the dining options in the Studios are very limited,if you could have a new restaurant/dining option what would you like to see ?
I think it would be great to have version of Florida's Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre from Disney's Hollywood Studios.It used to be their most popular diner in that park,so I am sure it would work really well in Paris;and the theming of a fifties drive in cinema would fit in with the Hollywood Boulevard,although the restaurant is all indoors !
QuoteYes! This would be really popular in WDS. The drive-in theatre is something we just don't have. I'd put it between RNRC and the Moteurs Action area, with an entrance between the two themed to an Area 51 rock formation with a UFO crashed into it. You enter via a Pizza Planet-style tunnel (but nicer) to the building hidden further back.
These are superb ideas! I would love to see the Dine-in Theatre at WDS. It was such a creative idea for a restaurant, and if it came to WDS I would be more than happy.

Anthony, your Mr Potato Head idea is brilliant too, but let's just hope we don't see TSPL altogether! :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

I would love to see sci-fi dinner and Gusteau's at the Studios soon. I'd love a Chinese somewhere in the resort as well, but perhaps that'd better suit Disney Village :)

CafeFantasia

I've always thought the Backlot area of WDS should have a 1950s theme. The three existing attractions would fit into that thematic mold, quite nicely. I mean, the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Moteurs Action could both be themed around 1950s cadillacs and cover "American Graffiti" car culture. And Armageddon could get a Googie style exterior, and cover 1950s Sci-Fi and B-Movies.

And a restaurant that would fit perfectly into this area? It already exists. The Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. From Disney's own description:

QuoteFabulous B-Movie Flicks in Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Like a night at the old drive-ins, servers at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater restaurant bring food to vintage '50s "convertible" tables as you watch '50s and '60s sci-fi and monster flicks on the big screen.

Dine at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater under a nighttime sky filled with twinkling stars, while glow-in-the-dark ice cubes swirl in drinks. It's all part of the otherworldly ambience that's hard to beat.

Waddi

Am I correct in thinking that Pizza Planet in DLP is only in a tent, could this not be moved to fit in with the rumoured Toy Story Land. Its lost and under-used at the back of Discoveryland anyway. With working video games and teddy grabber machines like the real Pizza Planet in the movie. Buzz's Meet & Greet photo location could also be incorperated, freeing up his current location for another meet and greet, Incredibles please.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"This is what I would like to see in the Studios, a Chinese restaurant in the style of Mann's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.

Couldn't agree more :)  I have always said that the Park(s) or the village could do with a chinese restaurant and it is still a mystery to me why they haven't got one. Chinese must be one of the most (if not the most) popular meals in the world :)
Yep...oh for a chinese (and yes I know there's one in VDE) :)

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Waddi

Considering Beauty and the Beast is set in france, why havent they got a Restaurant dedicated to them, Themed on "Be our Guest", Disney Studios answer to "Auberge de Cendrillon"

Eat and Greet - More Cafe Mickey style to Auberge de Cendrillon, food wise and price wise. 1st set of charcters could be Belle in Peasant dress, Beast as Beast and Gaston, 2nd set of Characters could just be Belle in Princess dress and Beast as Prince aswell as Animatronics of the Servants dotted around the restaurant that every 30mins sing "Be our Guest".

It would cool if Lumière was positioned at the entrance and was movement activated, so when someone enters the restaurant, he senses them and welcomes them, telling them that a member of the team will assist them shortly. Im sure Disney will have something a bit more hi-tech than a room guard tho.

Anyone got any other ideas to build on this?

magiccher

I totally agree with you Waddi!
I only wish I would have posted it first  :D/
Happy New Year Everyone from the La Jolla Restaurants
Magic Cher!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"This is what I would like to see in the Studios, a Chinese restaurant in the style of Mann's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.

Couldn't agree more :)  I have always said that the Park(s) or the village could do with a chinese restaurant and it is still a mystery to me why they haven't got one. Chinese must be one of the most (if not the most) popular meals in the world :)

Both the Cheyenne and Adventureland used to serve Chinese in the early years. For some reason they stopped. I am guessing it was not popular enough. For those wanting good chnese at a reasonable price, I urge you to go to the Dragon Chinese in La Terrasse at the Val D'Europe. It is very good at about 50% of the price of DLP's table service offerings.
since 2001 (many before that)

pussinboots

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"

Both the Cheyenne and Adventureland used to serve Chinese in the early years. For some reason they stopped. I am guessing it was not popular enough. For those wanting good chnese at a reasonable price, I urge you to go to the Dragon Chinese in La Terrasse at the Val D'Europe. It is very good at about 50% of the price of DLP's table service offerings.

Maybe when Val d'Europe and Disney Village "meet" after the planned expansions of both, that would actually be something people would consider. For now, it might as well be in China.

As for the Studios, any of these ideas would be fine by me. Ideally, they copy something of MGM's. The historical value of the Brown Derby is a real plus. The Sci-Fi Dine-In is something Europeans are more familiar with, but I doubt it has ever been done that well in any European 1950s-themed restaurant. Realistically, like Waddi I don't understand why they don't just pack up Pizza Planet and set up tent at the Studios.

I don't mean to derail this thread, but could it be there's some kind of business strategy behind their reluctance to outfit the park with dining or shopping options? Is it working for them in some way? Because otherwise I fail to understand it.

Deniel

How I wish that would happen soon. I just hope they wouldn't concentrate too much on the theme but on the food itself. Also, they should consider the variety of foods according to the nations who are frequently visiting them. Like if there are lots of Korean tourist at least there must be some Korean foods. Deep Fryer