Disneyland Paris Maintenance Update

Started by Malin, September 27, 2010, 05:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "MattyD24"whenever "davewasbaloo" says anything about TSPL, or DLRP in general, i loved his little ramblings as they were a good source for entertainment  :thumbs:  aswell as valid posts, but whenever timmytimmytimmy goes on, well his rants got boring after while, because it was always the same thing about how the quality in tokyo is better than other places...

well if he can afford Tokyo Disney... THEN GOOD FOR HIM!!!

i mean some of us can't afford Tokyo Disney, maybe save up for Walt Disney World Resort Florida, but for some of us Disneyland Paris is right on our doorstep, or for many, myself included... just over the channel  :D

It seems he has left the forum so I think that we should stop writing about him, especially when he made the comments on another forum and not here. At least that's my opinion. I know he was sometimes annoying with his comments, but now he is gone and so we shouldn't talk about him anymore. ;)

Clara2141

Agreed - let him hate DLP all he wants and as he's not in this board any more so leave him to it.
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar

smurfy74

im happy he has gone unlike Davewasbaloo his points werent as well informed, Dave has a balanced view but has reasoning and experience and I really value his viewpoints.

sebassah

Ok so back on topic ;) : What in your opinion is the first thing that should be fixed/ maintenance wise (so no bringing back terre the la lune or visionarium or a 3rd park.

For me it would be the streets all trough the resort. they are in such bad shape with all the cracks and piece concrete missing its hiddious and dangerous as well!

DopeyDad

I'm waiting for Hooks Galley to be refurbed. Although in the world in which I'm in charge of DLRP it will come back with firing cannons which send off a salvo in a mini battle randomly every few hours or so.

Clara2141

I would refurbish the Galley too. I loved running about on it as a child. And the Geyser too.

Love the idea about the cannons.
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar

dagobert

First I would refurbish the pirate ship, followed by the castle and Colonel Hati's Pizza Outpost. In February the restaurant looked really bad on the outside, but maybe that was already fixed.

Then I would clean the Rivers of the Far West. I couldn't believe how dirty the river was.

And of course I would repaint the grafitis in the queues.

Another big issue are the hotels. Each of the seven Disney hotels would receive an extensive refurbishment including new rooms.

Unfortunately the financial background isn't the best, so I'm happy that at least the pirate ship gets a renovation.

sebassah

QuoteAlthough in the world in which I'm in charge of DLRP it will come back with firing cannons which send off a salvo in a mini battle randomly every few hours or so.

Thats a great idea!

Festival Disney

Quote from: "dagobert"First I would refurbish the pirate ship, followed by the castle and Colonel Hati's Pizza Outpost. In February the restaurant looked really bad on the outside, but maybe that was already fixed.

Then I would clean the Rivers of the Far West. I couldn't believe how dirty the river was.

And of course I would repaint the grafitis in the queues.

Another big issue are the hotels. Each of the seven Disney hotels would receive an extensive refurbishment including new rooms.

Unfortunately the financial background isn't the best, so I'm happy that at least the pirate ship gets a renovation.

I agree 100% with that plan
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"i agree with laura... i mean...  had never noticed any of the maintenace things that needed to be done before joining the forum.... but i guess every trip i have been on to disney i have been under the age of 18 and therefore not exactly paying attention or looking for these types of things...

Yeah thats the one downside to being on this, or any forum. You start to pay particular attention to anything and everything. You stop enjoying yourself so much as you get too fixed on trying to find/notice stuff.

jaxhell

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean varius, enim id vehicula malesuada, libero metus eleifend dui, non pulvinar elit turpis eu turpis. Sed egestas lacus ac magna bibendum nec rhoncus lectus feugiat. Quisque mattis, libero et consequat hendrerit, nisl metus vulputate lacus, ac vulputate risus sem vel risus. Curabitur id aliquam massa. Integer id odio velit. Aliquam bibendum sollicitudin laoreet. Sed a enim id odio egestas adipiscing. Suspendisse malesuada metus quis magna consequat ac tincidunt quam ultrices. Nulla porttitor, erat ac sodales ullamcorper, mi quam rutrum tellus, vitae fermentum dolor mi id diam.

Timbo

I think the more and more you go to the parks , and the older you get ! you see different things .When you go on a ride for the tenth time you start to spot the little things around that need fixing , an animatronic that isn't working or an effect missing .99% of guests don't even realise it but we do , it wont affect the trip for regular visitors but to a Disney fan it is a sign that the company is slipping in its mission to keep the parks up to standard , and that is why we get so upset ! But of course as more and more people return to the resort and become Disney fans themselves the numbers increase of people who begin  to see a decline in standards .

dagobert

Quote from: "Timbo"I think the more and more you go to the parks , and the older you get ! you see different things .When you go on a ride for the tenth time you start to spot the little things around that need fixing , an animatronic that isn't working or an effect missing .99% of guests don't even realise it but we do , it wont affect the trip for regular visitors but to a Disney fan it is a sign that the company is slipping in its mission to keep the parks up to standard , and that is why we get so upset ! But of course as more and more people return to the resort and become Disney fans themselves the numbers increase of people who begin  to see a decline in standards .

I couldn't have said it any better!

Anthony

Quote from: "sebassah"Ok so back on topic ;) : What in your opinion is the first thing that should be fixed/ maintenance wise
Maybe not the first thing, but I was just sorting some photos and remembered how Armageddon currently looks...

Unless there's been progress in the past few months.

Martyn

Yeah I agree with Armageddon. The logo also looks very pink nowadays. Its very odd how they're letting things get this bad nowadays, especially when you consider that they do still carry out maintenance on the Studio 1 building, and Main St shops etc. As well as the Adventureland bridge's, yet this and the Pirate Ship are left to rot...

Doesn't make sense to me.