Disneyland Paris Maintenance Update

Started by Malin, September 27, 2010, 05:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRogue

Quote from: "forza_united"I am sure that it will be a long time before we see his left hand again - which is a shame and an underestimate of their guests - it is still pretty obvious that his hand his missing.

I think you underestimate them, actually...  ;) They've done a temporary fix since that second photo was taken. The hand is back in place and it may take a deliberate look at that part of the figure to realize it's broken. Like I said, it's a temporary fix, but better than nothing.

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "RiverRogue"
Quote from: "forza_united"I am sure that it will be a long time before we see his left hand again - which is a shame and an underestimate of their guests - it is still pretty obvious that his hand his missing.

I think you underestimate them, actually...  ;) They've done a temporary fix since that second photo was taken. The hand is back in place and it may take a deliberate look at that part of the figure to realize it's broken. Like I said, it's a temporary fix, but better than nothing.

I might be underestimating them regarding the time for a full fix. Nonetheless they should remove the entire figure in stead of this - it gives the sense of them having dealt with it in a way. They need to remove him to fix it properly anyway. It's good if they have put the hand back in place, but still that second photo should never have been possible to take.

As Dagobert wrote you seem to be very updated on the maintenance - may I ask how? (completely fair if you cannot answer this question)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Dlrpfan

Im really kinda supprised in seeing those photos, thank you or posting them Malin. Cant quite believe how incredbly simple some of those things are to sort out yet noody has done them. It kinda makes Walt's views on keeping Disneyland clean and appealing to guests year round near on unexistant. Please Please sort this out DLRP.
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

RiverRogue

Quote from: "forza_united"Nonetheless they should remove the entire figure in stead of this - it gives the sense of them having dealt with it in a way. They need to remove him to fix it properly anyway. It's good if they have put the hand back in place, but still that second photo should never have been possible to take.

Fair enough.

QuoteAs Dagobert wrote you seem to be very updated on the maintenance - may I ask how?

All I'll say is that I'm not kidding about my location...

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"Cant quite believe how incredbly simple some of those things are to sort out yet noody has done them.

Here we go again.......

lauramumof3

i think its unfair to keep going on and on about whats wrong with the park and start saying something like how wonderful it is! i never really notice anything when im there cos i love it! and if the ships being fully reapired soon thats great.
Ive never been to any other disney parks so i cant compare.
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

SwipatronSparks

i agree with laura... i mean...  had never noticed any of the maintenace things that needed to be done before joining the forum.... but i guess every trip i have been on to disney i have been under the age of 18 and therefore not exactly paying attention or looking for these types of things... =/  and like laura i love DLRP more than anywhere =] i have grown up going there... and they are slowly working their way around the park fixing things here and there =]

edit: i deleted a rant i had about the molly brown... as it wasnt very nice :oops:
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

dagobert

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"i agree with laura... i mean...  had never noticed any of the maintenace things that needed to be done before joining the forum.... but i guess every trip i have been on to disney i have been under the age of 18 and therefore not exactly paying attention or looking for these types of things... =/  and like laura i love DLRP more than anywhere =] i have grown up going there... and they are slowly working their way around the park fixing things here and there =]

edit: i deleted a rant i had about the molly brown... as it wasnt very nice :oops:

I also try to see the positive things in the parks, but the bad state of the pirate ship or the grafiti can't be overlooked. I've only been once during a high season, Christmas, and all the other times during off season. What I recognized that during off season the park was always cleaner and more effects were working.

Quote from: "Dlrpfan". It kinda makes Walt's views on keeping Disneyland clean and appealing to guests year round near on unexistant. Please Please sort this out DLRP.

I think the time that TWDC tried to live up to Walt's standards are long gone. At the end of the day TWDC is a company that doesn't care about the consumer, it cares about their shareholders. There is nothing bad with that, but it really needs a person again, like Roy E. Disney, that kept an eye on everything. Unfortunately nothing will change until no one addresses the problems. That's why I think it's great that there are people like Malin or Davewasbaloo who point out the problems.

I thought that maybe it would be better for DLRP if TWDC would sell Euro Disney SCA. Then the resort could be operated by an independent company, like TDR. TWDC would collect licence fees and the new company has to maintain a higher quality of the resort. Otherwise, except of bad guest behaviour, I can't explain why TDR is doing so great in terms of cleaness or maintenance. I think TDR has to pay if the quality doesn't live up to the Disney quality.
BUT, I'm not sure if DLRP would have any chance to survive without the backing of TWDC. It doesn't make any money and maybe it will take more time to do so. I can imagine that a new company would keep CMs to a minimum to make money. That effects the quality for the guests, that means that guests will not return and it ends that the resort  may go bankrupt.

RiverRogue

Quote from: "dagobert"Unfortunately nothing will change until no one addresses the problems. That's why I think it's great that there are people like Malin or Davewasbaloo who point out the problems.

Now, while there is an off-chance that someone at DLP (okay, make that someone important at DLP) might read those posts and use them for good, let me point out that there's a safer way to get yourselves heard: At the end of your trip, take a moment to pass by City Hall and comment on the most important points, positive and negative, of your visit. If you don't want to take the time while there, send a letter. That way your feedback will be distributed across the company, most specifically among the management of the departments concerned.

I agree that it's a good thing that these problems are discussed online, but it might not be the best way to get your opinion noticed by DLP...

Quote from: "dagobert"Otherwise, except of bad guest behaviour, I can't explain why TDR is doing so great in terms of cleaness or maintenance. I think TDR has to pay if the quality doesn't live up to the Disney quality.

Not only are Japanese guests 500% more respectful (heck, they try hard not to spill popcorn, imagine their point of view on graffiti in the queues), but TDR was a financial success from the start, giving OLC ample means to address any natural deterioration immediately.

dagobert

Quote from: "RiverRogue"Now, while there is an off-chance that someone at DLP (okay, make that someone important at DLP) might read those posts and use them for good, let me point out that there's a safer way to get yourselves heard: At the end of your trip, take a moment to pass by City Hall and comment on the most important points, positive and negative, of your visit. If you don't want to take the time while there, send a letter. That way your feedback will be distributed across the company, most specifically among the management of the departments concerned.

I agree that it's a good thing that these problems are discussed online, but it might not be the best way to get your opinion noticed by DLP...

Quote from: "dagobert"Otherwise, except of bad guest behaviour, I can't explain why TDR is doing so great in terms of cleaness or maintenance. I think TDR has to pay if the quality doesn't live up to the Disney quality.

Not only are Japanese guests 500% more respectful (heck, they try hard not to spill popcorn, imagine their point of view on graffiti in the queues), but TDR was a financial success from the start, giving OLC ample means to address any natural deterioration immediately.

You are absolutely right, online discussing will not change anything, but at least there are some people who care about it and maybe it makes other visitors think about the cleaness and maintenace of the park. And perhaps more people will care about the parks and tell Disney what to do.

At the end of our last visit in February we went to the City Hall and made a complaint about several things, especially about very rude and unfriendly CMs. After we returned home I also wrote an complaint about the CMs and about the hotel to the Guest Communications departement. After a few months we got a nice letter back.

It is so sad that there are so many people out there who don't care about anything.

Festival Disney

I'm as suprised as you all will be  :shock:

WELL DONE MAINTENANCE  :thumbs:

Source: pixiedust.be
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

JelleP

It's great to see these kind of refurbs :D
Keep them up DLRP!
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

sebassah

Great to see DLRP is finally investing in maintenance. Needed to get a higher level of 'Magic'

MattyD24

i'm just wondering, where i should post this, but i thought this would be the appropriate area after having looked at the DLRP forum on micechate, and i quote something that "TimmyTimmyTimmy" has said on there...
QuoteThey always strike and demonstrate in France.

A friend of mine went to Disneyland in Paris... at the gates they asked if their children could meet Mickey Mouse. The CMs answered:
WE DON`T HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING THE AMERICANS DOOO!!

I say remove Disney from France and let them selfes come up with something great to build in the empty space.

Paris has the highest disappointment rate amung tourists in the world.

To everybody thinking of going to DLP... go to TDL and TDS. Tokyo is the most wonderful place with two of the best themeparks in the world. It´s a place where people care about how things are made.

Who needs Toy Story Playland when there is DisneySEA.
//http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort-paris/144177-disneyland-paris-maintenance-update-8.html

also has he left this forum, because if he has, then all i can say is "good riddance"

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

captain rocket

What an absurd post by Timmy Timmy Timmy! Who the hell can afford to go to Tokyo as regularly as Paris? If he has left the forum then goodbye , have a great time in Japan!

MattyD24

whenever "davewasbaloo" says anything about TSPL, or DLRP in general, i loved his little ramblings as they were a good source for entertainment  :thumbs:  aswell as valid posts, but whenever timmytimmytimmy goes on, well his rants got boring after while, because it was always the same thing about how the quality in tokyo is better than other places...

well if he can afford Tokyo Disney... THEN GOOD FOR HIM!!!

i mean some of us can't afford Tokyo Disney, maybe save up for Walt Disney World Resort Florida, but for some of us Disneyland Paris is right on our doorstep, or for many, myself included... just over the channel  :D

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008