Cinema Mickey Replaced!

Started by Festival Disney, August 23, 2010, 06:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

Don't get your hopes up! It's still cartoons  :lol:

QuoteUnnoticed by most guests and even unnoticed by the cast members responsible to prepare the hand-outs with the weekly entertainment program "Cinema Mickey" at the Videopolis has been replaced!  Unfortunately the replacement is not a new live stage show but still a screening of animated shorts. So what has changed?

First of all the name. The movie presentation is now called "CinéDisney" instead of "Cinema Mickey". However, as already said the new name is not yet reflected in the entertainment program even so the change must  have occured several weeks ago. With the new name also a new logo has been created which is based on the original logo that was tweaked a bit. The new name and logo is featured on updated signs outside the Videopolis building, which also detail the other big change: the selection of shorts has been expanded.

No longer is the screening limited to the classic shorts featuring Mickey and his friends. Now also "contemporary" shorts have been added to the program. During a recent visits those turned out to be a selection of the popular shorts by PIXAR which play before every full length animated Disney Pixar feature.

During said visit the following Pixar shorts were screened:

» "FOR THE BIRDS" (2001)
» "MIKE'S NEW CAR" (2002)
» "BOUNDIN'" (2003)
» "MATER AND THE GHOSTLIGHT" (2006)
» "PRESTO" (2008)
All but the last short ("PRESTO") are featured on the DVD "Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 1?. However, there might be even more Pixar shorts included as the new shorts are not screened in one block but mixed in between the classic shorts that have remained unchanged from the "original" programming of "Cinema Mickey".

In between the shorts, about every half hour, the new "CinéDisney" logo is featured on the screens in a short animation before the regular programming continues. Speaking of the programming: despite differing information regularly included in the entertainment program (anyway still including the old title "Cinema Mickey") "CinéDisney" does run continuously throughout the day and not only at selected times. The posters on the facade of the Videopolis do include an according information as well.

From dlp.info
Source link: http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/08/cinema ... -replaced/

More Pixar again!... Thoughts?  :?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

RnRCj

Most people would've seen the Pixar shorts before so it's not really the most interesting thing to play on the screen.

Lets just hope they're planning a real show for the 20th Anniversary or earlier.

Malin

QuoteUnnoticed by most guests and even unnoticed by the cast members responsible to prepare the hand-outs with the weekly entertainment program "Cinema Mickey" at the Videopolis has been replaced!

Hmm unnoticed, really?

Or is it that people just don't care!

Thanks for sharing anyway. I don't have a problem so much with the park adding in new shorts. Just a shame the ones selected are not ones I would personally choose from Pixar. I would of picked the Cars shorts shown on the Disney Channel.

dagobert

Quote from: "Malin"
QuoteUnnoticed by most guests and even unnoticed by the cast members responsible to prepare the hand-outs with the weekly entertainment program "Cinema Mickey" at the Videopolis has been replaced!

Hmm unnoticed, really?

Or is it that people just don't care!

Thanks for sharing anyway. I don't have a problem so much with the park adding in new shorts. Just a shame the ones selected are not ones I would personally choose from Pixar. I would of picked the Cars shorts shown on the Disney Channel.

I think most people just don't care. Most visitors have seen these shorts already. Why should they watch them, when they have them at home on DVD. I go to Disney to see stage shows and not short cartoons from my DVDs.

CentralPlazaPerson

If they aren't going to put a stage show in Videopolis they should make a movie of how Disneyland Paris was made etc like Disneyland in California has in Main Street Cinema.

Reiana

Last week, the Tam Tam Players from Adventureland where on stage and had some fun with guests at least for half an hour between the cartoons. :thumbs: