2017 land deadline to be extended?

Started by Anthony, January 29, 2010, 06:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Hm I can´t read that at the official press release:

//http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CORP/EN/Neutral/Images/uk-2010-09-14-renewed-momentum-for-the-partnership-between-euro-disney-and-the-french-public-parties.pdf

I think the third gate and the villages are two diffrent things. Or better I hope so!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

After reading the press release, it seems that there will be a lot of money invested into the Nature Villages. Hopefully ED SCA can really generate that amount of oney, because the need every Cent they can get to fix the resort.

Hopefully Disney waits another ten years to build a third park. The existing parks need a lot of attention in the next years. I don't want to see another cheap park like WDS.

Samninetysix

We've had several week long stays, a few 8 day stays and 2-3 10 day stays - if I had the money, I would stay for weeks! :P

Riebi

I think the new "momentum" is a step in the right direction and I think it´s a big step for Euro Disney SCA. Till this new contract they had to built another theme park till 2017. Now they have time till 2030. The villages natures project is something that is great for a construction step by step. First the water villages, then the earth and later the sport villages. And with pierre et vacances they have a big partner with money for such projects.

The most important thing is for me that the land deadline is now extended. That´s what Euro Disney SCA needs to make a real disney park out of WDS, to fix the resort and to make profit.

dagobert

Quote from: "Riebi"I think the new "momentum" is a step in the right direction and I think it´s a big step for Euro Disney SCA. Till this new contract they had to built another theme park till 2017. Now they have time till 2030. The villages natures project is something that is great for a construction step by step. First the water villages, then the earth and later the sport villages. And with pierre et vacances they have a big partner with money for such projects.

The most important thing is for me that the land deadline is now extended. That´s what Euro Disney SCA needs to make a real disney park out of WDS, to fix the resort and to make profit.

It was indeed a good decision to postpone the third park. At the monent there is no need for a third park when the second one isn't really working. The third park should be a "real" Disney park and not a bad themed half a day park like WDS. ED SCA needs the time to fix the existing parks and hotels. I don't mind if Disney will not build third park until 2030 as long as they transform WDS into a Disney park.

How much involved is ED SCA in the Villages Natures project? From where does ED SCA get the money to build it in partnership with Pierre & Vacances? That's a major project and hopefully Disney makes a lot of money with it.

Riebi

I think VN was something like a 51% Disney 49% PV base or else. The interesting point is: Does Disney only give land + Davy Crockett or also some money.

One of the problems with WDS was, that they had to built a park in a time where they were out of the red by hm one or two years?! It´s good that they have now time to get the train on track.

dagobert

Maybe without the contract to build a second park until 2002, Disneyland Paris would have made more profit and ED SCA wouldn't have built a cheap second park. Perhaps the park would have opened for the 15th or 20th birthday and it would have been a "real" Disney park and not a concrete desert.

Riebi, what do you mean with Davy Crockett? Have I missed something in the press release?

MagicKenny

Local newspaper:

So the contract will be extended for 13 years... that makes it 2030...
Am I right?

Kenny
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

dagobert

The new project got some attention in German and Austrian online newspapers, too, but some of them think that the Nature Villages project will be the third themepark :roll: .

dagobert

Member "Vincent" has just posted in interesting article from the "Telegraph" about the third park on Micechat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... -park.html

It seems that Disney is considering a superheroes park for Paris.

I know it's a long time until 2020 and many things can change until then, but I really hope that Disney isn't going to build a superheroes park. Don't they have any original ideas anymore? Maybe I'm the only one, but I think superheroes don't belng to Disney, they fit better with Universal.

I always thought that superheroes are more popular in the US than in Europe.

andrewuk

Can't see the super heroes park happening myself. They are only considering it and they change their minds so much. As 2020 is the earliest it would be crazy of them to decide on anything now, but at least they have an idea.

The more interesting item was the expansions of WDS that were alluded to, perhaps this could be something more significant if they have to develop these pockets of land. Maybe it means we could see Ratatouille, Soarin', Action Studio and Theatre District place-making and the lake with World of Color!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

dagobert

Quote from: "andrewuk"Can't see the super heroes park happening myself. They are only considering it and they change their minds so much. As 2020 is the earliest it would be crazy of them to decide on anything now, but at least they have an idea.

The more interesting item was the expansions of WDS that were alluded to, perhaps this could be something more significant if they have to develop these pockets of land. Maybe it means we could see Ratatouille, Soarin', Action Studio and Theatre District place-making and the lake with World of Color!

Let's see if Marvel is still owned by TWDC in ten years. And yes they change their minds so much.

It's sad that the press release doesn't say anything about the future of the parks. It doesn't seem that the parks will get any attention in the next years, except for Ratatouille.

Columbiad

I do'nt really like the idea of a Superhero theme-park.  I think Disney's use of the Marvel brand should be very slight, as its slightly goes against thier largly perceived image of a fantasy-orientated young-family brand.
I think a Super-hero area in WDS would be fantastic though, or they should at least use the Marvel brand for a few rides.

Off to the Home Imagineering forum... ;D

Timbo

This press release also got a good feature in The Times , but again it was left a bit vague ! at least it is something in the right direction ! http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/ ... 725672.ece