Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop

Started by Anthony, August 20, 2010, 04:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

The paper copy has been replaced with a permanent sign:

And, the Single riders queue has moved to now being alongside the normal queue line:

Source: http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/11/never- ... ind-alone/
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Anthony

Ohh, I hate it when DLP reverse-Imagineers its attractions like this almost as soon as they open, with temporary queue barriers and signs which have obviously never been anywhere near WDI Burbank. The same happened at Crush's Coaster but it seems to have hit Toy Story Playland particularly badly - the empty RC photo location, the unthemed and patronising "SORTIE >>>" barriers throughout the land, signs and notices printed out from Microsoft Publisher...

The colour Single Rider sign is an improvement, obviously, but it probably now means this design is permanent. Compare it to the real attraction signage: http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/w ... C06512.JPG

Like pairing a cheap tie with your €70m suit.

dagobert

The single rider line looks temporary, so hopefully it will not stay that way. The queue looks really terrible.

Martyn

Can you join this single rider queue without having to join the normal queue? Like you do at Alton Towers etc?

CafeFantasia

Now that I've actually been on Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop I can offer my honest opinion of it.

- At 10:58 in the morning it had about a 20 minute queue
- The queueing area was kind of fun, although perhaps a little bit bare and lacking in entertainment/video
- The ride itself was really fun. Great physical sensation that left you smiling
- The views from the top of the tower were good. Shame the WDS park has so much scaffolding and tarmac though

So despite the tower itself being probably the most ugly structure at any Disney theme park in the World, the ride is actually a fun addition to the park. I'd definitely like to ride it again. I wouldn't queue for any more than, say, 30 minutes for it though.

Martyn

I'd like to queue probably at least once, but I'd imagine after that, it will be single rider each time.

dlrp_bopazot

The Parachutes recently got a brand new NON Slippery floor . This is completely different from the original Green Floor but at least they re open daily even in a very very cold weather .

Martyn

^ Is the new floor still green?

Festival Disney

No, it's black... they look like temporary mats anyway, so should be gone in summer :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Austin Danger Kelly

Quote from: "RiverRogue"I still remember the end of BTM's major rehab a few years a
go when the ride broke down and had to be evacuated four times on its busy opening saturday. When BTM's evacuated it generally means that it's down for an hour or two at least. .

Oh, does BTM not break down just as often now as it did then? We were there this time last hear and I seem to remember seeing it evacuated a good few times. Mabey it was just the sub zero temperatures though.
Past visits to the Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Hotel Three Times.
Sequoia Lodge Four Times.
Travelers Explorers Hotel Once.
]

svenneke1

Some photos from the new 'temporary' floor:

source: Cafemickey

Scissorsboi

I quite like this new floor, I think the dark colour actually helps to make the ride look a bit more 'toy' like! If they keep it at all, then I don't think it'd be a bad thing!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Martyn

I dont see why they couldn't have just redone the surface with that non-slip stuff, then paint over it.

15MagicalYears

Sorry if it has already been posted but does anyone know what the new surface is for?

Festival Disney

The original floor is just painted concrete so it's really slippy, especially in winter so I think they've added this just to give more grip and probably H&S.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day