The unexplainable magic

Started by tinker_fairy, August 05, 2010, 01:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinker_fairy

Hi guys :) I figured I'd put this question here because I think it would be understood by everyone!!

Well basically, our family life pretty much revolves around disney.. just because of how amazing it is. When you try to describe disney, to someone who has nothing to to with it, you just cannot put into words just how magical it is. Everything about it, the themeing, the music around the parks, the atmosphere. It's not just like a trip to france, its a trip to another world. Everything about it is different, and all your problems at home just don't exist. Does this make any sense? Because I tried to explain it to a non-disney person and they looked at me like I was nuts.  :oops:  Please someone tell me they understand!!

xxx
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

DopeyDad

That's pretty much exactly how it is for our family too, both my wife and I are always waiting for our next trip (Halloween) and the children always have such a happy holiday. Our youngest son had his first Birthday party at cafe Mickey and our eldest is having his 7th Birthday there in Oct. The only problem is that it's hard to imagine going anywhere else   :lol:

Elwell2009

Quote from: "tinker_fairy"It's not just like a trip to france, its a trip to another world. Everything about it is different, and all your problems at home just don't exist.

Hi

that is exactly how i explain it to everyone that doesn't go to Disney, it is amazing and you just leave your problems behind

matt

tinker_fairy

Quote from: "DopeyDad"That's pretty much exactly how it is for our family too, both my wife and I are always waiting for our next trip (Halloween) and the children always have such a happy holiday. Our youngest son had his first Birthday party at cafe Mickey and our eldest is having his 7th Birthday there in Oct. The only problem is that it's hard to imagine going anywhere else   :lol:

aww thats so sweet :) his first birthday.. that must have been something magical for you both :)
true though, we used to go to holiday camps but after disney we havn't gone on holiday anyhere else! not good for the expenses  :oops:  but hey, it's disney! :)

and glad you agree matt :) xxx

stacey-claire

hi, i tried explaining the magic to my sister, who isnt really in to disney and she just thinks im mental, i dont think any words can really describe it to someone who has never been, i think you need to go and experience it, words will never be enough, they can build i nice picture, but its the feeling you get when your there that just makes it amazing, hope this makes sense lol xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

giselle

It's that tingle you get everytime you mention it. We don't go to visit Disneyland Paris, you go to feel it x

RockNRoller

Totally agree with everything said so far. Last year we took friends mainly because the husband wanted to go, the wife not so much but on the Eurostar back she said " Can we come with you next year" then summed it up with "its 100% feel good" and thats what it is for me, for those few days Im there it is the happiest place on earth.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

tinker_fairy

yeah stacey-claire that makes perfect sense!! could you take your sister with you, so she could experience it too? I'm glad people on here understand, because it is just impossible to explain to anybody else.

and rocknroller, i totally agree with you. I am never happier then when I am in Disney. Especially if you've had a bad year, it makes up for it. Having a trip booked to look forward to gets me through pretty much everything. But I'm not sure how I'm gonna cope when this trip is over, I'll feel so empty!  :(  Just hope I can go next year!  [-o<

Owain

I agree, when people are like, 'Why do you love disney so much?'

Im like i cant explain it, it's just amazing !  :D

Terkina

I agree.  I hope my friend see the magic after his first visit to Disneyland Paris.
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

loladelorean

This is a really lovely thread, i totally agree with everything that's been said already.
I come from a "Disney" family but now I'm in my twenties I'm living with my boyfriend and he just does not get it. At all. I've been twice without him since we've been together (and going back again in November, with my mum and sister) and he really thinks I'm nuts. However, he has agreed as a major sacrifice and display of love, to take me next June to celebrate my graduation.
I have always told myself that as soon as I can get him through the gates the magic will take him over just like it does everyone else. I hope so so much that it does. But I am pretty nervous in case he is immune to the magic - I love him to bits but he is not in any way a cheesy or soppy person! It means a lot that he's doing this for me and I know he will at least enjoy the thrill rides, but my happiness would be complete if he would fall in  love with DLP too.
Guess I won't know til we get there in June 2011.... [-o<
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

claire2281

Don't worry Lola, my brother is like that and he totally got taken in by the atmosphere :D
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

DopeyDad

Quote from: "tinker_fairy"
Quote from: "DopeyDad"That's pretty much exactly how it is for our family too, both my wife and I are always waiting for our next trip (Halloween) and the children always have such a happy holiday. Our youngest son had his first Birthday party at cafe Mickey and our eldest is having his 7th Birthday there in Oct. The only problem is that it's hard to imagine going anywhere else   :lol:

aww thats so sweet :) his first birthday.. that must have been something magical for you both :)
true though, we used to go to holiday camps but after disney we havn't gone on holiday anyhere else! not good for the expenses  :oops:  but hey, it's disney! :)

and glad you agree matt :) xxx

if anyone can tell me how to attach a photo, I'll post Mickey giving him his 1st Birthday cake.

tinker_fairy

aww lola you're post was lovely :) i really hope you're boyfriend understands it when he gets through those gates, something just 'happens' to people and Disney can change everything. My ex boyfriend really didn't get it much, I would love to find a guy who could share that passion with me  [-o<

Dopeydad, I don't really know how to add pictures as I haven't been on here long, but I would love to see a picture. Sounds absolutely amazing :) xxx

DopeyDad

http://www3.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/s ... 157149718/

(this should work but there must be a better way)

It was a beautiful moment for us all and just one reason why Disney is so special to our family. It's also the pure escapism of the place. Both my wife and I are psychiatric nurses and see our fair share of the darker side of life so to speak, first trip to Disneyland and we both realised we hadn't thought of work once the whole time we were there, a much needed break from reality.