The unexplainable magic

Started by tinker_fairy, August 05, 2010, 01:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney_Dreamer

:) I totally understand the feeling. Once I go through those gates or just step into the Disneyland Hotel, the magic just takes me over. Everyone I speak to can't understand my obsession with Disney. You feel like you are dancing amongst the clouds and reality is completely forgotten. I only came back a week ago and I want to be there again.

disneylandparisgirl

My mum was hit by a car when I was 2 and my dad worked alot so it was me that helped look after her at home! (also my dad was useless)

We first went to disney when I was 9 and it my first chance to be a real child!

Because of my mum's disablity (she used to have a fusion in her left knee and is now an above the knee amuptee) disney was the perfect place for us to go because of just how wheelchair friendly the resort is for us!

Now mum doesn't like too many of the rides so now its just the 3 of us (divorce) we feel we can leave mum to go on a ride its safe and she can get around on her own!

Everytime I walk in the resort the magic hits me! I feel safe, stress free and completly overwhelmed by the feeling I get when I'm there its amazing!

P.S. also dumped someone who really didn't get the magic!
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

tinker_fairy

Aww dopeydad that picture is lovely!! that's just so so sweet. Thank you for sharing :)
I understand what you say about escaping reality, that must be a tough job, Disney just fixes everything!

Disneylandparisgirl, I'm glad it lets you be a child, sorry about your mum. I kinda understand, my little brother is disabled and disney is just perfect for him. What with the passes and easy access, it's just brilliant. I know what you mean about the safety. I can walk back to the cheyenne at 12am and feel totally safe. We'll be there at the same time too!! :) xxx
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

EmilieK

Quote from: "DopeyDad"if anyone can tell me how to attach a photo, I'll post Mickey giving him his 1st Birthday cake.

You are sort of halfway there actualy.To the side of the URL button you use to put in a link you have a button marked Img. Push it and plase the url of the picture between the image tags that looks like this .
But you have to put in the url to only the picture and not to the picture in the image hostin site, if you understand what I meen. to get it u usualy just click on the picture so it's the only thing you see on the screen and the adress you have in the adressbar is then your pictures adress. Hope this made any sence.

DopeyDad

tadaa!

(thanks EmilieK)

tinker_fairy

hahahaha you sorted it!! :) xxx

PetiteSirene

I had this problem in regards to my family. They couldnt understand why we had bought annual passes and why we kept going back. It wasnt until my dad asked if we could all go to celebrate his and my mums 60th, my 25th and my nephews 2nd that they all truely understood why we loved it so much. My sister in law, the one who thought I was really crazy is already wanting to go back this Christmas and everyone is now looking forward to my little ones first trip next September :D

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

tinker_fairy

Aww glad you managed to win them all over! I really think it has to be experienced to be truely understood xx

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "stacey-claire"hi, i tried explaining the magic to my sister, who isnt really in to disney and she just thinks im mental, i dont think any words can really describe it to someone who has never been, i think you need to go and experience it, words will never be enough, they can build i nice picture, but its the feeling you get when your there that just makes it amazing, hope this makes sense lol xx :belle:

My mum and dad are the same, we went in January and ive booked for Halloween and Christmas this year and my mum asked if thats not Disney overload :P  You are right, no words can describe it no matter how hard you try.  I have talked my mum into coming with us and we are now taking her next Feb so she can experience the magic for herself :thumbs:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

toritinker

Aw love this thread!! no one else understands my LOVE for Disney and the "wow" feeling I get when I see the castle. even my bf who is coming on second trip with me to dlP doesn't really get it. it just likes to see my face light up when i step through the gates. ah heaven!
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

loladelorean

Quote from: "claire2281"Don't worry Lola, my brother is like that and he totally got taken in by the atmosphere :D

I've heard a few stories like this that encourage me and give me hope for his conversion! We are now planning to extend the holiday so that we also spend a few days in a small town in the Champagne region doing wine tasting etc (BF is a restaurant manager and a real wine geek) What a random holiday, revert to childhood for Disney then act all posh and grown up sipping wine...
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

loladelorean

Quote from: "tinker_fairy"aww lola you're post was lovely :) i really hope you're boyfriend understands it when he gets through those gates, something just 'happens' to people and Disney can change everything. My ex boyfriend really didn't get it much, I would love to find a guy who could share that passion with me  [-o<

Dopeydad, I don't really know how to add pictures as I haven't been on here long, but I would love to see a picture. Sounds absolutely amazing :) xxx

If my BF doesnt love Disney, I'll still love him! lol. but it would make our relationship even better if he liked it even just a bit!! It means a lot that he's even agreed to go because he's convinced he won't like it.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

tubbsy

Aw! Gorgeous photo!  :D Sums up the magic doesnt it?

See now my DH doesnt have the magic, but he loves taking us as he loves to see our faces and how excited we all get excited by our next visit and walking up Main Street to the castle :D
Well.... this is what he says ... I cant help but feel the magic is slowly creeping in as he suggested our latest trip, hes also asked if he can swap his restaurant choice from Silver Spur to Walts and he has also mentioned how he cant wait to see Stephs reaction to her little surprise in Auberge :D
... I think the man is getting the magic  :mickey2:  And I keep getting goosbumps at the thought of us going in two weeks :D/  :D/  :D/

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DopeyDad

Sounds like he's hooked to me! Just 2 weeks to go hey! Have a fabulous time.

Lorum

Just forgive those people who simply don't have the imagination (and education) to understand what a Disney park means.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"