WALL-E (Pixar 2008)

Started by Kristof, August 10, 2006, 06:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

We also watched WALL-E last week. So cute, funny, great animated - another masterpiece :)!!!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Masamune

Where's the best place to buy WALL-E on DVD? HMV are selling the 2-disc special edition for £14.99, with HMV exclusive art cards. Is anyone else doing a better deal? I want to buy it sometime this week!

Anthony

Quote from: "Masamune"Where's the best place to buy WALL-E on DVD? HMV are selling the 2-disc special edition for £14.99, with HMV exclusive art cards. Is anyone else doing a better deal? I want to buy it sometime this week!
Do you want it online or in the shops? The same art cards deal is £12.99 on their website: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=897718

Maybe look out at places like Smiths or Tesco who often do a "spend a certain amount and get x on DVD for only £6.99". I saw those for Indy at least.

Does anyone have it yet? Are the BURN-E short and The Pixar Story documentary as good as I'm hoping? I'll have to wait a couple more weeks for my bluray. :)

Epcot_Boy

I've actually got it coming in tomorrow on hire from LoveFilm.....and believe it or not I've not even seen the film yet :roll:   So I'm really looking forward to it :)  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :santa:

David

Nicholas-c

i actually got it last week (thursday) on blu-ray (i run that department at work :P) and i have watched it 3 times already, its so great in full HD too!

P.S. Anyone watched "Burn-e" ? ;) Great pixar short :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Masamune

:) With DVDs I prefer buying in store. I ended up getting it from HMV. The art cards are GORGEOUS. Seriously, it's worth buying it from HMV just for the cards. :P

Clarebelle

we got that copy too. LOVE the art cards

has anyone spotted Nemo in BURN-E?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

never2old

Quote from: "Clarebelle"we got that copy too. LOVE the art cards

has anyone spotted Nemo in BURN-E?

No! Where?

Clarebelle

[spoiler:mlo1x6nn]in the stars[/spoiler:mlo1x6nn]  :wink:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

DisneyAlba

I saw the Wall-E dvd in Dutch stores with cardboard packaging. That box looked rather naff, actually (and prone to damage?). Is it the same cardboard box in your areas??
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Anthony

It's in cardboard here too, and I think everywhere. The CD soundtrack was the same. I suppose they're trying to promote some sense of care for the earth's resources, though it won't exactly counteract the ridiculous amount of packaging from WALL-E toys and other merchandise being sold this Christmas...

And the Blu-Ray comes in the standard blue plastic case. Do Sony force the studios to use that?

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"It's in cardboard here too, and I think everywhere. The CD soundtrack was the same. I suppose they're trying to promote some sense of care for the earth's resources, though it won't exactly counteract the ridiculous amount of packaging from WALL-E toys and other merchandise being sold this Christmas...

And the Blu-Ray comes in the standard blue plastic case. Do Sony force the studios to use that?

Nope... But they must be the Blu Ray sized case... and carry the Blu Ray Banner... As you can get steelbook movies... One Example of Which is Burton's Sweeny Todd... But then if you need to go to all that fuss of placing the blu banner on... why not go for the blu casing it looks different and works! It reminds you that it is Blu Ray!

You could argue the same point about Amateur Societies Performing HSM... and all the mambo jumbo they have to adeere to! But then thats for another time and place

Anthony

Quote from: "Captain Pan"It reminds you that it is Blu Ray!
That's probably why they've not experimented with any other design for WALL-E. The format is new, people are really only just adopting it in large numbers this Christmas. They don't want any confusion. At least they seem to have stopped with the blue borders around the entire cover now. :)

Does WALL-E have any (probably pointless) BD-Live features, or is that officially cancelled for Europe for now?

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"Does WALL-E have any (probably pointless) BD-Live features, or is that officially cancelled for Europe for now?

I have no idea... but its something I can look into as I research H Samuel!

peep

The Wall.e blu-ray doesn't have any live features (or I don't think so anyway).

I love the burn.e extra, was laughing for ages.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320