WALL-E (Pixar 2008)

Started by Kristof, August 10, 2006, 06:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Very short message from Laughingplace about the next Pixar after Ratatouille.

Quote from: "Laughingplace""W.A.L. - E" Name of Pixar Film After Ratatouille
We are hearing that the name of Pixar's 2008 release is called "W.A.L. - E"

The Butlin Boy

I wonder what W.A.L-E stands for?

Anthony

W.A.L. - E ??  How do you pronounce that?  It doesn't seem to be in the same vain as previous Pixar titles, they usually go for titles so simple that you almost don't need to see the film: Toy Story, Cars, The Incredibles... W.A.L. - E? :lol:

Patrick

Maybe it's a simple working title, as I hope it is anyway, it suddenly makes me want to get out my old Where's Wally comics :lol: .

Anthony

from Animated-News.com:

WALL• E revealed

The first image from WALL• E, the Disney/Pixar film scheduled to to come after Ratatouille, has been released in a December 2006 Letter to the Shareholders by Disney CEO Bob Iger. "We're... excited about Pixar's next animated movie, Ratatouille, which will be released this summer. And I'm pleased to give you an exclusive first look at the title character of their next movie, WALL• E (pictured here), which will be released the following year." Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo) is directing and the film is scheduled for release June 2008. Thanks to Kinoo in the Animated News & Views Forum for the heads up!

It reminds me of a droid from Star Tours...

Soap

Quote from: "Baloo"It reminds me of a droid from Star Tours...

Same here, i think that's a good thing  :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Samninetysix

This was posted back in April 2006 on animated-news.com

Disney and Pixar have set Wall-E, Andrew Stanton's next film, for a release date of June 27, 2008. Not much is known about the plot of this movie, but it's rumored to be about a robot. Stanton's previous film as a director was Finding Nemo. He has been credited as a writer on Pixar's Toy Story films, A Bug's Life, and Monsters Inc. in addition to Nemo. Wall-E will follow Brad Bird's 2007 film, Ratatouille.

Anthony

And another great logo from Pixar...

Quote from: "JimHillMedia.com""Wall E." FYI: You won't actually find the logo for this new Andrew Stanton film in this year's annual report. That particular "Wall E" image was recently forwarded to me by a friend who has very strong ties to the Mouse House. Who tells me that this robots-in-love story looks rather promising.

Maarten

Pixar remains original with the themes of their films. Insteed of cute animals, Pixar always seems to choose for the more difficult, but artistically better, way. Cars, monsters, toys, and fishes were only the beginning.. its time for robots. I hope Pixar will remain as succesful, original and keeps its quality. I can't say much about one pic, but at least the logo seems nice.  :wink:

DisneyBud

Just did a quick search on ImDb, and it says the film isnt coming out until 2009? :?

Samninetysix

Quote from: "DisneyBud"Just did a quick search on ImDb, and it says the film isnt coming out until 2009? :?

I did the same, but if u follow the link in imdbpro, it takes u to a couple of links and that shows the date i posted above

peep

I quite like the logo. It looks like they have gone down a bit of a different route with it though, looking at the picture, it looks like a mini version of Short Circuit (old 80s film). It doesn't look very cartoonish compared to the other Pixar films too. It will be nice to find out more about the story of it.

Don't forget we will see a trailer for it this summer when Ratatouille is released. Seeing as before every Pixar film we see the trailer for the next Pixar release. Can't wait to see/hear more.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Kristof

I read  this story on a Dutch movie website:

QuoteMankind has left planet Earth that has become inhabitable caused by pollution.  They send from their new home in outer space millions of robots (including Wall • e) that have to clean up earth, but they don't succeed in this and the whole operation fails.  The female robot Eve is send from space to investigate why the rescue operation isn't a success.  Wall • E falls in love with her and gets the help of his defunct robot friends to help his love conquer.

Source

penfold12

The sure doesnt sound the kind of style a pixar movie usualy is in!

Firstly the doom and gloom from mankind leaving earth, and secondly because the clean up mission fails! How trustworthy is the site that put up the plot outline?

Anthony

I've read the same plot elsewhere...  Seems quite political, about the earth being too polluted to live on?  Something I'm not sure is true is that much of the film will be nearly silent.  I can't remember where I read that...

Anyway, I think Disney are sweating a bit because they just paid so much for Pixar and now they're apparently going all arthouse/indie on us. :lol: Although I can remember the concept for Cars and Monsters Inc not seeming very commercial and easy to get into when the first trailers were released, but look at them now...