Captain EO returns to Discoveryland - now closed

Started by The Butlin Boy, April 10, 2010, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QTXAdsy

And so it begins...

The first stages to bring back our favourite Retro Captain have started. :)

Here Come The Belgians!

Columbiad

Haha - perhaps EO could be incorperted into the Discoveryland description:

"A retro-futuristic space-port, dedicated to the ideas and stories of worlds most fantastic visionaries, including Jules Verne....... and Micheal Jackson (!) "

I'm looking forward to this. Although I doubt Id be able to see it, I'm fascinated by what might happed to the theatre after EO. Anything but a Monsters Inc. Attraction in my opinion: PIXAR belong in the Studios!! :)

CGM12345

What going to happen to the Imagination Institute sign shrub?

luke85

Quote from: "CGM12345"What going to happen to the Imagination Institute sign shrub?

This is a good point, I'd not thought about that to be honest. I'm quite fond of it too!

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I wonder if they will label it "Captain EO Tribute" like they did in Disneyland. Judging from the poster Kristof posted they won't.

CafeFantasia

I wonder if the Disneyland Paris version will get the "Making of Captain EO" pre-show that it never had?

Also, will the movie be in English with no French subtitles, as it was originally? Or will Disneyland Paris do something weird and dub Michael out with some French sound-alike?

Soap

Quote from: "Alan"I wonder if the Disneyland Paris version will get the "Making of Captain EO" pre-show that it never had?

Also, will the movie be in English with no French subtitles, as it was originally? Or will Disneyland Paris do something weird and dub Michael out with some French sound-alike?
:shock:  seriously...if that happens (sound-alike, subtitles is get) that would be terrible!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Anthony

Quote from: "CGM12345"What going to happen to the Imagination Institute sign shrub?
It could probably stay... wouldn't look out of place there.

I hope we get the same shiny marquee as California, with or without the "Tribute" and a MAJOR repaint of the building, it looks so tired, bits peeling off all over. I wonder if they'll return the old colour scheme (more of a red/gold than HISTA's yellow/blue)?

designingdisney

Usually, I'm posting my messages on the 'weblinks' part of this forum, but I think this could be useful for everyone!

I found some great (backstage) pictures from the 'making of' of the Captain EO movie.

I have posted them on my blog. You can find them here.

This is one of them:

Hope this helps, Max
Visit the Walt Disney Imagineering Fan Blog: http://designingdisney.blogspot.com/

Twitter: click here to follow us through Twitter.

Facebook Fan Page]click here[/url] to become a fan of the blog and to receive regular blog updates.

The Designing Disney Blog - "Celebrating the art of Disney Theme Parks"

stevo505

That's great! Is it a limited time only?

Magic M

I'm sure if it proves profitable - they will keep it for the long term!

Kristof

The first test & adjust will be performed today with an audience of voluntary Cast Members.  :)

Soap

Quote from: "Kristof"The first test & adjust will be performed today with an audience of voluntary Cast Members.  :)

Woot! How very cool, wish i  could be one of them  :lol:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

RnRCj

Great to see EO making a return! I'd really like to see it but the chances of me going to Disney in the next year are looking slim. Hopefully it'll prove popular and stay on for longer. [-o<

JelleP

Are there any changes at the outside of the building yet?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]