Captain EO returns to Discoveryland - now closed

Started by The Butlin Boy, April 10, 2010, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

I can't believe Captain EO is opening on the day after I leave! Couldn't they open it one day earlier??

britincgn

This makes for a fantastic summer,a must see classic which still gives me goosebumps to this day

Mathizsias

I so damn excited about this, for me Captain EO is one of the most memorable attractions in the park since the original Space Mountain (Poor Tim Delaney's work destroyed in it's current SM2-state). I'm visiting in July with my wife, mom and kid, all of use huge MJ fans! Can't wait! :D

Now we can also hope for a BD/DVD release! :D
"It\'s been said that Disneyland will never be complete, in fact, I said it, there will always be something new and unusual." Walter Elias Disney, 1961

CafeFantasia

Captain EO is the perfect attraction. I wasn't planning on returning to Disneyland Paris within the next year, but now that Captain EO is coming back I HAVE to. It does what attractions are designed to do; attract people to the parks.

And if they sell Captain EO merchandise, then I may be buying some of the first merchandise I've bought from Disneyland Paris in years! Princess toys don't interest me. But a Captain EO fridge magnet, or a Captain EO mug, that would be cool :-)

yiazoo

My friends, why doesn't the official site "closures.." mention any closure for Honey I shrunk the audience? Isn't it supposed to close for the preparation of the new show? I will be there May30-June5 and i would like to know
1998 Dec]

Kristof

Today is the last day HISTA will be performed.  It wasn't supposed to close at all, it was a very last minute decision. :-)  But that's not an excuse for not having it up on the DLP site.

Adam

It's not closing for a refurb as such, but closing for a replacement. It would be a bit odd to put HISTA as closed for refurb when it actually opens as Captain EO.

Kristof

Quote from: "Adam"It's not closing for a refurb as such, but closing for a replacement. It would be a bit odd to put HISTA as closed for refurb when it actually opens as Captain EO.

From Disneylandparis.co.uk:

Quoterehabs and closures

This is where you'll find all the news of attractions closed for repairs or under magical construction.

http://parks.disneylandparis.co.uk/reha ... ures.xhtml

Kristof

Here's an exclusive look at the teaser poster for Captain EO that will go up on the walkway to the resort parking lot:

mattboywonder

I think its gonna be really popular as loads of people won't have been it before as it closed so many years ago and with MJ's death, a lot of peole will be curious about it.  Plus most people are a bit tired of HISTA.  You know what they say, a change is as good as a rest
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

CafeFantasia

I'm most likely going to be at the park in September 2010, so I look forward to seeing Captain EO again, not on YouTube, but back in Disneyland Paris where it belongs.

guest3474

At EPCOT, it has been confirmed by the Inside the Magic podcast that 'Honey, I shrunk the audience' will return after Captain EO has finished it's run there. This could mean that either
 1) Honey , I Shrunk the Audience will return to Paris OR
 2) Monster's Inc Laugh floor will be opened at Paris.
I am guessing the latter.

yiazoo

I just saw the official site. HISTA will be closed for all May. Doesn't say anything about June!!! Should i suppose that it will open in June 1st?
1998 Dec]

luke85

Quote from: "yiazoo"I just saw the official site. HISTA will be closed for all May. Doesn't say anything about June!!! Should i suppose that it will open in June 1st?

Captain EO will re-open on June 12th

Kristof

Work has begun:

The Imagination Institute sign on the side of the building has been removed.

Photo by Guimik on Disney Central Plaza.