New Ice Cream Truck on Hollywood Boulevard

Started by JelleP, April 07, 2010, 06:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

@ WDSFans
________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Disney Central Plaza Facebook page reports a new Ice Cream Truck has been installed on Hollywood Blvd. The retro-style truck fits in the 1950's style of the Blvd.

No word what's going to happen with the Ice Cream shop that replaced one of the Blvd. windows last year.

Photo by the Disney Central Plaza crew:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Kristof

Wonder if it plays a tune. ;-)

dagobert

The ice truck looks really cool and fits perfectly into the Hollywood Blvd.

Anthony

I suppose this is a Wall's/Miko/Unilever kiosk whereas the window in Franlin Dept Store is mainly Ben & Jerry's scooped ice cream? A bit of competition on the boulevard...

The design is ridiculously cool. Same as this: http://www.1-87vehicles.org/photo27/50_ ... _truck.php

luke85

Love it, a great addition to Hollywood Boulevard. More please!

guest3474

Brilliant addition to the boulevard. Now hopefully a new expanded retail kiosk can take Ben and Jerry's place? ;)

CentralPlazaPerson

Will it actually sell ice cream or is it just there for show?

Aveen2008

I sometimes just wonder how on earth dlrp's mind works, so many things that could be improved but instead we get a truck sat in hollywood boulevard :roll: , just to make it harder in busy times to get around that area lol! If it sells ice cream though that's good enough :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

dagobert

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Will it actually sell ice cream or is it just there for show?

I think the truck is there to sell ice, because there is a sign with current ice creams sold by Heartbrand on the truck.

dagobert

Pixiedust.be has also posted some pictutes about the ice truck. In this one you can see the prices of the Heartbrand products:

guest3474

Thanks for that Dagobert. I can't see why everyone is whinging being honest - a new outlet is a new outlet!!

Okay, maybe we'd like a new outlet in a permanent building, but surely this is better than the crudely themed Toon Studio kiosks?

JelleP

Some photos from Pixiedust.be below:

[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

RnRCj

It would look fine if they got rid of those bloody fences!

tubbsy

I think the ice cream truck looks cool..... :lol: then I was looking at the prices of the ice cream!  "How much?!?!?" :roll:  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anthony

I'm a bit disappointed (though I know I shouldn't be) that after "Doc Wassell's Travelling Apothecary" all that could be summoned for this was the word "Ice Cream" and a picture of a magnum...

Lucky the truck itself is so super-awesome.