Goofy's Summer Camp (Summer 2009)

Started by Kristof, May 07, 2009, 11:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"They had some form of synthetic stuff at our local shopping mall, and boy what it nigh on impossible to skate on. But I take it for granted there are better versions out there, and the DLP isn't that cheap  :roll:

Ummm, DLP isnt cheap?? I know the performers last year hated the synthetic stuff. And usually the auditions are held on a real ice rink, however, due to budget circumstances its now not the case.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Kristof

Willow

Thanks Kristof!  :D

In part one, Miss Summercamp/whatever her name is says: "Today is a very special day...."
For a moment I thought she was going to mention 15 years of dreams and magic, and 15 candles.  :wink:

I don't think its a pretty good show, and I think it works pretty well in Frontierland.

I like that they are using a live band.

Anthony

If you ignore the audience interaction bits, it's a pretty good show with some actually quite great points. The Barbeque Band, the set, the costumes, the lighting, the general songs and music, choice of characters (good choice and very brave to leave out Mickey) - all wonderful. The musical numbers after each interaction are fun and good to watch, and the host does a good job despite the overwhelming use of French (which is bad for us - imagine if you're Spanish or German!). I like the "Miss Summer Camp 1985/2005" joke.

But then... they drag people up from the audience for no real reason and it all goes a bit seaside holiday camp. One of those moments would be fine, but here they're almost the whole show. Pick the best one, introduce some longer musical numbers or character scenes (they never really explore this great set like Winter Wonderland does) and let the audience get involved as and when they want to, and this would be a worthy Summer cousin.

Hopefully it will return next year and get bulked up with proper scenes like that, but as it stands it's not bad considering the on-off cancellation of Tarzan and lack of time.

Now, is it me or do the French Chip 'n' Dale sound rather like Quagmire from Family Guy? Giggity!

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Willow"Thanks Kristof!  :D

In part one, Miss Summercamp/whatever her name is says: "Today is a very special day...."d.

Ha! i like that the first time you see her, shes comming out of the house and does a big yawn...hmmm much like Donald in MWW eh??
~ just like we dreamed it ~

disneyfreak90

WOW great! i want to see the show!!! :D

MadPan

with regards to auditions on rollerblades, for MWW... this is to see if the performers have balance,  nothing to do with fake ice.  This year it should be on Real Ice again!!

disneyfreak90

i saw it on friday and really have to say that the tarzan show is better but this one is great too :wink:

Anthony

Apologies all-round. Well, nearly.

It's a great little show. Wonderful live music, good fun songs, an excellent host and a beautiful set (the waterfall is huge!). I also caught the final performance on Sunday (will get the video up soon), when along with much wild cheering and people falling over (Daisy took a hilarious fall) they did a special curtain call and for the adults-looking-like-idiots section pulled up all the producers, directors and crew from the back row... who knew the moves off by heart.

The bad news... The ALL-French character voices is stupid (I heard English people complaining to each other as they left), Daisy whispering is weird (is she Sooty?) and the "Guess the animal noises!" would be embarrassing even on NickJR or CBeebies. It's at that point in the show you can clearly see the audience losing interest.

I hope it'll be back next year, with a few changes. If there's still a theatre there...

norhel

Quote from: "Anthony"I hope it'll be back next year, with a few changes. If there's still a theatre there...

Have seen the video on youtube by Photos Magiques. Can't say I love it or hate it.
Think it's more for the kids, rather than adults.

I have heard that the theater might be replaced with something else.
Does someone know something about that?
I belive it possible was you Anthony which told it in DLRP Today? Am I correct?
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Anthony

Here's the video of the special, super-amazing final performance of Goofy's Summer Camp (in HD too).

As I just wrote on there: This was the Final Performance of Summer 2009, with plenty of extra jokes going on in the background to look out for and a special curtain call finale for all the characters. Notice also that, during the dance moves game, the adults pulled from the audience are not regular guests, but... the entire production crew of the show itself!

You might recognise Emmanuel Lenormand from Jeremie Noyer's interviews (and Kristof spotted him watching Dance Time recently), and a few of the others. They're all clearly pretending not to know the dance moves.

Also look out for: the guy driving Goofy's buggy err, driving it into the wall (!), Donald doing a funny routine giving Daisy a flower, and then Daisy falling over... It was a great show, the crowd were crazy. I think they'd been sat in the sun at Pueblo Trading Post pin trading all afternoon.

tubbsy

Was just wondering-is there any news of this coming back at all with New generation taking over the park?

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Scissorsboi

I've not heard it mentioned anywhere, but it'd be nice to see it come back in some form, even if it has it's plot changed a little to something along the lines of Goofy teaching the New Gen characters the tricks of the Disney trade at a Summer Camp?

Oh a slightly unrelated note, was that Frontierland version of the MMP theme ever released anywhere? It's brilliant!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.