Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

A tip for those changing at Lille.
Your ticket will have seat reservations made for you. All TGV trains seem to be different in the order of the carriage numbers. If you look on the platform when you arrive, there is an illuminated sign telling you were on the platform your carriage will stop. Although it may not seem a problem, most TGV trains are sixteen carriages long and it can take a long time to reach the far end of the train complete with luggage kids etc!!

Olliebobs

What a shambles Eurostar and the Disney Express service was yesterday (21st March). There was a security incident in the station which ended with a controlled explosion, the way that was dealt with is a whole other thread.

Anyway, after they finally let us in, we had to make our way to Disney Express, no organisation, no explanation of what was going on.  It was basically a free for all, and when did they start letting you in to collect your luggage? The last time we went they bought the luggage out to you. Then onto check in for Eurostar, that was even worse. Nobody sorting any queue, no barrier or lane, it was just a huge crowd of people pushing their way to check in. An absolute shambles.

swindonboy

We are looking to travel to EDR in august, just looking to get this booked, if we book via Disney site it looks like we cannot book an outbound Eurostar direct as it says Eurostar via Lille and the timing is 0650 which is a bit early when we have 2 kids (5 & 1) so don't fancy that, home journey seems to be direct at 1802

So we was looking to book via Eurostar website where it will let us book the direct trains there and back and it seems to be slightly cheaper as well (only by £x0 though).

Question 1 is if we do it this way and book our hotel (Cheyenne) via the Disney site would we get the Disney express service for free where the bags get collected etc or would we have to pay the £16 each for it to be included ?

Question 2 is in the Cheyenne hotel there seems to be an option for a Rio Grande room, is this worth the extra ?
and question 3 is we would require a cot do we email the hotel in advance or wait until we arrive to request one ?

mdw

Hi does anyone know if the direct Eurostar runs on May bank holidays please? Is it more expensive? When will Whitsun 2015 prices be available please?  Thanks

EmmaH

Hi all,
I just called Eurostar to find out when tickets are being released for Jan 2015 only to be told that between 5 Jan-5 Feb there will no NO DIRECT services to Disneyland.
I'm so annoyed!! We have done the indirect journey before and with three young children, bags and pushchair found it really hard work; the journey is so disjointed.
The Eurostar representative told me the reason for stopping the direct route for that time is obviously cost; the trains are apparently running at a loss but he said if enough people complain then the powers that be may look into the decision.
So anyone booking between 5 Jan - 5 Feb and looking to travel Eurostar - be aware there are no direct services unless management changes their mind...
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2016
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2015
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2014
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne January 2013

abismummy

HI when booking hotel and train direct with Eurostar do they take your luggage to the hotel please?

swindonboy

You need to book Disney Express with Disney and you can then drop your cases at a specified point

ewormas

Hi all
Eurostar bookings are now being taken for January to e
Beginning of July.

sven

Hi,

first time using the Eurostar in september. What about the luggage? I read about a security check like at the airport. Is there a list of banned things like liquids, as exists for plane travel?

xdisney

I'm going to Disneyland on a Tuesday with my sister. We both know that there isn't a direct Eurostar from London St Pancras  to Disneyland on that day so we were thinking of going via Lille.

I was just wondering if the fare given on the Eurostar site from London St Pancras to Disneyland via Lille included the price of the journey from Lille Europe to Disneyland or if the fare given is only for the price of the journey from London St Pancras to Lille and if we will need to buy an additional ticket for the Lille to Disneyland journey? Thanks!

daddyof2

Unless I've missed a serious change to legislation, If you've entered "From: London, To: Marne-la-vallee" then the ticket you will purchase will cover that journey, even if it means you have to change at Lille. It's much like any time you buy a rail ticket in this country - e.g. I could buy a ticket from Luton to Nottingham and at certain times that would require a change en route but I'd still only buy one ticket

Ceh

Just bought TGV tickets for november and I wanted to share this.
Only €9, yes NINE Euro from Lille to Marne-la-Vallee. Wow.
Apparantly there is an extra early booking discount during the summer or something like that. And I was very early (tickets just available). So booking them as soon as possible really pays of people.

stecal

Hi eurostar have just released tickets for feb 2015 but they are coming out at £301 each way for 1 adult 1 youth and 2 kids does anyone know if they are likely to release cheaper tickets as last time i went it only cost me £200 return for 1 adult and i child and £602 seems a bit steep
thanks

PrincessKirsty

Hi my friends and I are wanting to book one way from Disneyland back to London on the 16th November but the only time train showing up on the site is the 16:54 train. does anyone know if and when they may release other train times and prices as we were hoping to get the last train back home?

littleiggs

hi all,
first time posting so please be gentle. i am waiting for eurostar to release tickets for may next year travelling on a thursday. i understand they have pulled the direct services so have to change at lille. if i book from lille to uk at a fraction of the cost can anyone recommend a website to book the local train from disney to lille please? in past i have only booked eurostar so never booked local train. is it easy and hassle free to do? thanks in advance