Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

There are left luggage lockers upstairs at Marne le Vallee station. They are  clearly signposted and the cost varies by the size of the lockers, budget about 10 euros for each locker. As far as I know Disney express is not available to non Disney hotels, but they do seem to have a good relationship with the L'Elysee, so a phone call to Disney may be worthwhile.

choti

Thanks.  I will skip the express as its £16 per adult and not room!

sarahmumof4

We did Disney express this year when staying at the adagio hotel.
It really is useful and saves having to use the lockers etc .

My parents didn't do the Disney express as they only had one case . They did on the last day use a locker but it was a real faff trying to get their case into the locker and said next time they would do Disney express as well !!
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

choti

Quote from: "sarahmumof4"We did Disney express this year when staying at the adagio hotel.

My parents didn't do the Disney express as they only had one case . They did on the last day use a locker but it was a real faff trying to get their case into the locker and said next time they would do Disney express as well !!

thanks

32 euros seems a lot for leaving luggage!  i will opt for the locker and maybe take 2 smaller cases instead!

Elaine

Quote from: "sarahmumof4"We did Disney express this year when staying at the adagio hotel.

I always use the luggage lockers inside the train station at DLP - so easy and when I've used them on our last morning and collected later in the day its been quiet, and theres always been a helpful attendant there if I needed them. I can get 2 cabin-size suitcases and 2 winter coats in a small locker there - 5 euros for the day, you can't beat it  :D !

I've waited longer, and had way more faffing, using the luggage store at the entrance to the main DLP park - and 16 euros per adult for Disney Express seems a right old rip-off to me.

sarahmumof4

I guess for me having four young children to sort out as well using the luggage express as the best option .
I didn't need to worry about sorting out where it was going to go etc .

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

haribosmum

Eurostar has released dates after 13th December this morning.  I've got booked for Feb half term :-)  no cheap seats again though and I was on there as soon as they went live.  Online and by phone this time.  Hope that helps!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

grovesie

Quote from: "haribosmum"Eurostar has released dates after 13th December this morning.  I've got booked for Feb half term :-)  no cheap seats again though and I was on there as soon as they went live.  Online and by phone this time.  Hope that helps!

You and me both :thumbs: , We called at 7am just to make sure we got the seats we wanted..............now just got to wait until we can make restaurant reservation :cry: another countdown calendar on my phone :D

haribosmum

did they open the lines at 7am?? I tried just before and the message said 8am.  got to work and they were available on line at 7:45 so that was fine for me.  seems more real now!!!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

sarahmumof4

I'm going for feb 1/2 term as well , although am trying driving this time instead of Eurostar

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

sarachloe

Hi, does anyone have a rough idea how much tickets for august are, do they go rocketing during summer holidays?
thanks

orangarnold

I know this is a 100% Eurostar related question, but does anyone know if the partner hotels offer the Express service on departure?

captain rocket

I don't think that they do. You will have to leave your bags at the hotel or upstairs at the SNCF station.

orangarnold

Thanks, I read somewhere on an unofficial site that they did but nothing on official channels.

Adam