Walt Disney World - Disney Cruise Line 4-18 November 2009

Started by Kristof, January 12, 2010, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Another set of photos from a different kind of parade: Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party.  Wasn't really worth watching.

The Mad Hatter float broke down so they had to tow it of the parade route.

toonarmylass

kristof lookin at these are making me all excited for when i go in a few weeks!!!! yeyyyyyyyyy. however my photos will be pants compared to yours!!!

Soap

Wow great pictures Kristoff, can't wait for the cruise ones ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Apologies for the very late follow up!  Here are the first Disney Cruise Line photos of our first day on the Disney Magic.

I'll comment on the photos.

The Disney Cruise Line bus picked us up outside the Disney's Carribean Beach Resort foodcourt and dropped us off right in front of the DCL Terminal at Port Canaveral.

Entering the ship, we were greeted by a crew member who asked our name and where we're from.  She then welcomed us through the microphone with the other crew members lined up in the lobby clapping.  

We immediately went to our state room which turned out to be quite nice, not very spacious but I've been told the Disney rooms are quite large compared to other cruise companies.  

We could see the Nasa building and launch towers from our stateroom balcony!

Here I am getting ready for our safety drill.  Our meeting point was one of the coolest places on the ship: Animator's Palette.  :)

After the drill we headed to the main deck for the welcome dance party.  It wasn't our cup of tea, it's just a "dance with us", similar to It's Dance Time in Discoveryland.  

Pelican flying over during the show:

The Disney Cruise Line Terminal.  Spot the tiny Cast Members waving with Mickey gloves.

One of the many nice sunsets we saw on board.

Leaving Port Canaveral.

We walked in the Walt Disney Theatre for a photo.  It's HUGE!

Good night!

norhel

Great pics!! :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

mattboywonder

It looks amazing....i'll make it one day
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Kristof

Disney Cruise Line: Day 2

It was a very rough day on sea.  We learnt later we were following a hurricane which was causing a very rough experience on board.  

Don't know why, but didn't take much photos that day.  

Having breakfast outside on the upperdeck was sooo great.  (As you can see, I'm not a big eater...)

In the evening there was the Captain's cocktail in the ship's atrium.  Guest had to wear formal clothing and there's an photo op with Captain Tom.

And then the first big Disney musical started: Golden Mickey's.  We liked the show a lot, it's a classic Disney show with lots of great music, costumes and sets!

Good night!

dagobert

Thanks for the great trip report, Kristof.

We have to do a Disney cruise as well.

norhel

The ship looks so beautiful!
Makes me wanna go on a Disney cruise to.
Just bad that it is a little expensive for me....
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

Soap

Wow, wow, wow!
Amazing stuff and stunning quality at the ship!  :shock:

Hope to travel it myself one day....if i get lucky @ the Lotto  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Here are a few pictures from day 3.  Not much, but I promise there will be some nice ones in the coming days!

On the third day we had the characters breakfast at Parrot Cay.  The waiters made these funny hats out of the napkins for all the guests.

In the afternoon there was an event I was really looking forward to.  Imagineer Kevin Rice gave a presentation about WDI and the things that are currently new or upcoming at the Disney Parks (nothing new though).  A second session was planned a few days later, which I attended as well.

Quiet Cove, the adult only pool.

Beautiful blue water all around.

The entrance to Lumière's, one of the restaurants.

Sorcerer Mickey wondering around in the ship's atrium.

Good night!

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures. The ship is really beautiful. Did they talk about Disneyland Paris, too, or was it just about Hong Kong?

Can't wait to see the rest.

Kristof

Dagobert, he talked about the recent things Imagineering is doing (or at least what he was allowed to talk about).  He did mention DLP saying Tower of Terror and Stitch Live recently opened.

Let's continue with day 4 on the Disney Magic:

We finally arrived on our first port of call: Saint-Croix of the US Virgin Islands.  We didn't booked any of the excursions, simply because we couldn't be bothered going on a church tour or things like that.  We learned afterwards most tours were cancelled and people got refunded because the groups were too small.

Here's a sight on the island:

The ship up close and the Goofy statue.

The ship seen from the Saint-Croix coast.

Walking to the beach.

Palm trees  :mrgreen:

Exploring the town.  There were some nice alleys, but somehow we couldn't connect to town and the island.  

So we decided to escape the hot Caribbean sun and take shelter on the ship.  We had booked the Rainforest pass for both of us which gives unlimited access to the ship's sauna and steambaths.  Recommended!

In the evening we saw Twice Charmed in the Walt Disney Theatre.  It should have been performed the day before, but because of the rough weather they decided the postpone the show out of safety issues.

It was again a nice Disney quality show with some nice characters and sets.

The evening was ended with the Pirates IN the Caribbean Party.  The party idea was similar to the show we saw on the first day.  Guests had to learn a choreography and dance along with the crew and characters.  Highlight of the evening was a short fireworks display.

Good night!  :wink:

Aveen2008

Brilliant pics Kristof!! That is one massive ship! It looks so posh, like something belonging to royality!! :shock:  (is there something your not telling us?) ha! :P
I love sorcerer Mickey's Hat, it looks lovely hehe. The Show look completely amazing too!!Thanks for sharing! =D>  :D  :D  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

rosamundtaylors

This picture has made me more interested in Disney cruise, as i have never been on Disney cruise, but i have cruised on Royal Caribbean cruise which was a great experience. I am a fan of Disney and so i would like to be on this cruise once.