WDW | Bad Maintenance

Started by dagobert, February 01, 2011, 03:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

It seems not only DLRP has the problem of bad maintenance, WDW faces the same troubles.

Kevin Yee over at Miceage.com wrote a good article about broken effects and attractions. Maybe that's the new corporate standard of Disney Parks owned, or partly owned, by TWDC.

http://miceage.micechat.com/kevinyee/ky020111a.htm

I really hope that something will change soon, but as long as people are still happy with the product delivered, nothing will change.

davewasbaloo

Agreed, on my last trip to WDW, it was in worse condition that DLP in many places. Disneyland is in better working order because the local fan base are very vocal (though during the Presler years of the early 00's, DL was in terrible condition, improved on the run up to the 50th).
since 2001 (many before that)

CafeFantasia

The problem with WDW is, it may be too big for its own good. It may be too large, too ambitious.

Disney developed the property and built so many new things in the late '80s and early '90s, which was great. But all of that stuff is ageing now. It's like this gigantic time-bomb waiting to go off. Just think of all of those square miles of buildings and attractions that they have to maintain and refurbish. It's a lot of stuff to look after, and it seems that Disney are struggling to keep up.

davewasbaloo

Exactly, and they are also struggling to hire and keep good cast members. This is why I prefer the DL in California model, or maybe DLP. Lots on offer, but far easier to maintain.

CafeFantasia

Yes, I think the two park model is the best. I mean, all of the best resorts have just two theme parks:

• Disneyland Resort (California)
• Tokyo Disney Resort
• Disneyland Paris
• Universal Orlando Resort

See, I don't think Disneyland Paris actually needs a third theme park. Maybe a water park if there's a demand for it, but not another theme park. There's enough to do in just running and maintaining two theme parks. The two existing parks will continually be requiring maintenance, and attractions will continually need to be replaced and updated with new content.

dagobert

I totally agree with you. WDW is just too big to maintain all the parks, hotels and attractions. Nevertheless Disney should be aware of all those broken things and WDW has the money to try to maintain everything in a proper way. But it seems that they don't care at all about some things, e.g. the broken wing of the wind mill. Come on that's not a technically advanced attraction, it's just a wooden wing. If these broken effects, attractions and other things continue this way, Disney shouldn't praise itself to have the best themeparks.

I also agree that DLRP doesn't need a third park. It just needs proper refurbishment and for each park a new attraction, like TLM and Ratatouille, but not carnival rides.

I do understand that DLRP struggles to maintain everything, due to the lack of money. That's why I'm still against new small attractions when the Pirate ship is rotting away.

davewasbaloo

Agreed, TSPL should have never been built, and the money should have been invested in restoring the park.