DLR | Disney's World of Color

Started by Anthony, December 21, 2009, 12:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

alka1, I could kiss you. They are amazing. I so wish I could go to DCA right now between this and ElecTRONica. Hmmm, TSPL in Paris vs. World of Colour, Glowfest, ElecTRONica, Little Mermaid, and Carsland. Hmmmmm, how's everyone enjoying Slinky's Zigzag Spin?

Sorry. My point is, I love how in California they are always developing stuff because it is cool. I love this, and I love how it is aimed at people older than 10.
since 2001 (many before that)

penfold12

Wow! Now thats what I call promotion! If this film doesnt smash box office records I dont know what will, the promotion is everywhere, and just tof the highest level. Cant wait, and I love that WOC can have overlays so easily, wonder if they will change for Christmas?

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"alka1, I could kiss you. They are amazing. I so wish I could go to DCA right now between this and ElecTRONica. Hmmm, TSPL in Paris vs. World of Colour, Glowfest, ElecTRONica, Little Mermaid, and Carsland. Hmmmmm, how's everyone enjoying Slinky's Zigzag Spin?

Sorry. My point is, I love how in California they are always developing stuff because it is cool. I love this, and I love how it is aimed at people older than 10.

I thought the same. WOC is so cool and Electronica looks so great. I'm more excited about an event than about a new land including three new attractions.
Maybe Terrorific Night at WDS is a nice event, but I'm sure it will never reach Electronica.

I can't wait to see Tron: Legacy. The movie looks amazing. Disney seems to be very confident that Tron will be a success. They use everything to promote the movie. Hopefully it tops Avatar, because I didn't like the movie, except for the 3D effects.

After seeing some videos about WoC I think it is on of the best things Disney created in recent years. Hopefully our plans to return to the US in 2011 or 2012 turn into reality and we will visit Disneyland Anaheim. 2012 will be better because of Carsland.

davewasbaloo

Agreed, I would wait until 2012 for Carsland (also the Transformers attraction will be open at Universal Studios too).

dagobert

Of course we will have to visit Universal Studios. What is the Transformer attraction? I have to say that I didn't like both movies and now they are producing a third one.

davewasbaloo

It will be like Spiderman at Islands of Adventure but set in a Transformers setting (which I liked the movies, toys and toons).

dagobert

Unfortunately we haven't been to Universal when we have been to WDW, so I don't know Spiderman. But when we are at USH we will try to do every attraction.

davewasbaloo

http://themeparks.about.com/od/universa ... nsfPre.htm

Spiderman is pretty awesome. Imagine an Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye or Dinosaur style attraction with 3D interaction. It is cool.

Be aware that USH is not really a theme park. This disappoints people but to me it makes the place better. It is a Studio with a tour first and foremost, then it has some rides and shows. THough I do love it.

dagobert

I know, but I really like to see a working studio instead of themeparks of movie studios. Unfortunately it is still a long time until we go.

Scissorsboi

I don't know if anyone has caught this yet, but they used the World of Color stage to bring in the New Year for the first time, throwing some fireworks in for good measure. I think this show looks better than World of Color, maybe because the fireworks break the show up a bit more and add a 'sky' element to it. I'd love to see them add the low level stuff into the show in the future.

Now that things like this are happening with the fountains it makes me realise why they said it was such a big thing for the park, it's already had 4 uses that I know of (WoC, WoC & TRONcore, backing fountains for a daytime show, and this) and could really be adapted to anything! If Paris gets it, imagine how they could use it!

[youtube:3dvvtdnd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA_FmUdsnAY&feature=related[/youtube:3dvvtdnd]
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

alka1

NEW - Extended Pirates scene in World of Color!

[youtube:2kivchwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buug042Uq_Q[/youtube:2kivchwc]

davewasbaloo

Very cool, thank you.

Scissorsboi

That is a really nice addition! I always thought it was odd that Pirates was put in, but now that it's padded out and looks more like it belongs it makes much more sense.

I imagine it'd look amazing in person too!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Josh

I love how the show can be so easily changed to stay relevant.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Elwell2009

The new pirates scene looks amazing really makes sense now and has a story line, also tangled has been added to "so close" which is another nice addition i thought  :D