Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coruscantpt

Great picture. What a difference day by day.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

ChipChap

When somebody said it is impossible to plant real palmtrees it is wrong!
My employer Movie Park Germany has many palmtrees on Hollywood Boulevard and the new Santa Monica Pier and I can assure that they are real. Correct me if I am wrong, but the weather in Paris is not that different to that in the West of Germany  :D
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

Kristof

QuoteWhen somebody said it is impossible to plant real palmtrees it is wrong!

No I wasn't.  DLRP has plenty of palm trees too in Adventureland, but that's a special kind that can survive up to -20°C.  The big trees like the ones on the Boulevard can not survive in Paris.

Grumpphil

Even in southern Spain they have to cover them up with fleece and/or straw to survive the winter and that wouldn't really look good on Hollywood Boulevard!

Kristof

This is the palmtree I'm referring to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trachycarpus_fortunei

You'll find it all over the resort: from Front Lot to Disney Village to Adventureland. It's basically the only palm they ever use!

Anthony

I can't believe how good the boulevard is looking. I've been preparing to be a little disappointed with it, it's only a small area and "only" sets, but... it's impossible not to be crazy excited!

The trees, the art deco details on Gone Hollywood, original WDS names like Beverley Court, the detail on the Off the Page set, the real windows, the planters, the lovely tips board cover, the Studio Tram Tour sign (beautiful!!!!), the themeing on the back of the La Terrasse sets... the list goes on and on and on.

This photo is incredible:
//http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d/21560-3/DSC07947.JPG

The detail in the building behind, the palm trees, the nice stone wall, the shaped planter, and.... is there a curb there? (where the piece of wood is framing the concrete?)  :shock:

It's hard to believe how much WDS has changed even since January.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "Baloo"It's hard to believe how much WDS has changed even since January.
Cant believe it myself, I was there last November when the TOT was covered in scaffolding. I'll be back end of this November and cant wait to see it in the flesh. I really hope Disney open the boulevard to walk down early because seeing all that and not being able to get up close will drive me nuts. ](*,)
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Kristof

Baloo, I have a feeling this photo WILL make your day:

:wink:

Source: DynastyGo / Disney Central Plaza

Anthony

Oh holy crap, we have a Disney theme park!!!!! *faints*

And I thought my day had already been made by seeing Ratatouille!

But seriously, this is MAJOR for Walt Disney Studios. A flat tarmac field no more! :shock:

penfold12

Im with you on that Baloo! I have lost count on how many times I have ranted about curbs! lol

Japper

Another nice picture by kyoto of the curbs! :D

Whoknew?

beautiful picture  :D  but it looks like theres a lot things left to do for the next time, i dont think that it all will be finished by the end of the year. but i don't care 'cause i'm going to visit dlrp not until june next year  :P

SMCD

Soap

Wow great pictures SMCD, looking absolutly great!  :shock:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the link SMCD, Disneytheque also have some new pictures:

Information sign:

Loads more detail (looking amazing :) ):

Overall:

Doesn't it all just look stunning, no one is ever aloud to doubt the imagineering department again :wink:

Link: Link