Photos Magiques news report 7-9 August 2009

Started by Kristof, August 10, 2009, 01:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Photos Magiques news report 7-9 August 2009

We visited Disneyland Paris once again past weekend.  A few things we noticed:

Disneyland Park

Main Street Band

The Main Street Band was welcoming guests at the entrance of the park.  The marching band was around as well, playing in Fantasia Gardens right before the park opened.

Main Street Vehicles

The Main Street Vehicles (Fire Truck, Paddy Wagon and Omnibus) were operating all weekend long, even while [strike:3p6ngpj4]The Characters Express[/strike:3p6ngpj4] Minnie's Party Train waiting in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
A Horse Drawn Street Car was going up and down Main Street in the mornings.

Discovery Arcade

The signs in the new Ferris Wheel window in Discovery Arcade were fixed.

Good Morning Main Street, U.S.A.

Good Morning Main Street, U.S.A. is a new cavalcade on Main Street at 10.15 am which stars a few characters and two Main Street Vehicles (Fire Truck and Paddy Wagon).  The cavalcade started 10 minutes too late on Saturday after the start of the wrong spiel (for Magic Music Days...)

Halloween sticker

A few months ago we reported about a Christmas ribbon left in one of the Main Street trees.  This trip we found an orange sticker left from last year's Halloween on the Disney Clothiers façade...

Last Chance Café

Last Chance Café was completely fenced off.  

Café de la Brousse

The recently refurbished Café de la Brousse in Adventureland was operating this weekend, surprisingly selling fast food and soft drinks, despite being sponsored by Dole.

Les Voyages de Pinocchio

Les Voyages de Pinocchio was operating this weekend from 10 am - 10 pm.  

La Rocher Qui Bascule

La Rocher Qui Bascule has sadly once again been permanently fixed with concrete.

Walt Disney Studios Park

Walt Disney Studios Store

In the Walt Disney Studios Store has the large Walt Disney photo been covered up by a Princesses visual.

La Terrasse

A weird Perrier shaped statue is placed in front of the Demille Studio sign.

Recycling

Recycling bins for plastic bottles and cans are placed at selected locations at Walt Disney Studios Park as part of a test.

Disney Blockbuster Café

The Pirates of the Caribbean room appears to be nearly finished.  What appear to be real-movie-props have been placed in the mesh cabinet and a large glass showcase was installed on the other side of the room.  More of these showcases can be found in the small High School Musical room.

New merchandise

I'll conclude the news update with photos of some new Tower of Terror themed apparel, exclusively for sale at Tower Hotel Gifts.

Anthony

Great little tour as always. :mrgreen:

Yay for the High School Musical car disappearing!
Yay for recycling bins!
Yay for possible real props! (Let's hope they're labelled)

Boo for La Rocher qui ne bascule pas... it is quite dangerous (well, for stupid people) but nothing that couldn't be solved with that soft playground floor stuff.

Boooo booo BOOOOOOOO for Walt Disney being boarded up by Princesses! I don't think there's ever been such a perfect (perfectly horrible) symbol for the resort's dumbing down! Disgusting.

Aveen2008

Thanks for sharing the report with us Kristoff!

That's awful that the walt pic was covered up by the princesses. I really am sick of the princesses being marketed together like that, it's too much of an overload the same as they did with winnie the pooh and friends..everywhere you go it's either that or princesses and I don't just mean in the disney parks or stores either! :roll:

I think the horse drawn street car is great to see! I have never seen it when I have been, it's really beautiful, especially the horse hehe! :P

Well done for spotting that halloween sticker!! :shock:  =D>  No point in them removing it now, it will soon be joined by all the other orange splats hehe!

I think the blockbuster cafe looks pretty good on the POTC side...still not sure about the HSM bit though...are those desks and chairs supposed to look like a classroom?? :?

Hope you had a good trip! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Gareth

great trip once again i love seeing all the things that have changed

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Luigi

thanks a lot for the photo report  =D>

Hope the Last Chance Café is open again for my trip. Fences always look bad.

Pete's Dragon

The dark hoodie in the middle has just become Item Number One on my shopping list !

Adam

Good to see the recycling bins - hopefully, they will be well used and extended throughout.

RnRCj

The Main Street band is great! I saw a video of them on Dailymotion - I actually prefer them to the marching band. It's fantastic to see the Main Street vehicles as well, particularly the horse-drawn streetcars. Just a shame they only operate in the mornings.

The princess picture in the WDS Store......  #-o

And finally, the new ToT clothes... well I actually thought the logo was a cross between the Aerosmith logo and HTH logo at first!

luke85

So pleased to see some recycling bins being tested! These should have been put in the park years ago, but still, better late than never!

I agree its very sad about La Rocher Qui Bascule. It was such a unique and exciting addition to DLP, and I'm sure there would have been better alternatives that to cover it in concrete :(

pussinboots

So that Ferris Wheel diorama is new? I was wondering why I'd never spotted it before... Anyway, it's very interesting.

Also good news about the recycling receptacles. I just hope they get some well-designed stickers! They have those lovely land-appropriate Jiminy Cricket designs at Disneyland, but this sort of thing isn't always done well in Paris.

Annet

Cool report once again. I really like the POTC part of the Blockbuster-café...

-breeno-

Another great report Kristof, thanks for posting :D

Quote from: "Anthony"Yay for the High School Musical car disappearing!
Yay for recycling bins!
Yay for possible real props! (Let's hope they're labelled)

Boo for La Rocher qui ne bascule pas... it is quite dangerous (well, for stupid people) but nothing that couldn't be solved with that soft playground floor stuff.

Boooo booo BOOOOOOOO for Walt Disney being boarded up by Princesses! I don't think there's ever been such a perfect (perfectly horrible) symbol for the resort's dumbing down! Disgusting.

Couldn't put it better myself.  I'm shocked and angered the Walt Disney poster has been covered by a Princess one.  There's enough princess stuff as there is, everywhere you look it always seems to be that or HSM :?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

SophieD

A great trip report Kristof!!  :D  :D Its always great to see whats new and whats changed!!
I love the POTC in the Blockbuster cafe, The High school musical side looks quite bare though!! Maybe more props are needed??
I absoultely love the idea of recycle bins every where!!  its great to see DLP doing their bit for the environment!!

Has the POTC flag been fixed yet?? [-o<
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

Thanks for the updated report. Always such a mixed bag. Nothing to add to Antony's comments, but Main Street really made me smile!
since 2001 (many before that)

bigrossco

great photo's yet again!

So wish I am you going to DLP all the time !! :(
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista