Disneyland Paris: Pin Trading Nights

Started by Anthony, April 25, 2006, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

Ooh I see. Well, it certainly seemed that way. :) After the lady offered me any two LE pins for my two Gift Box pins, I went to have a look around to see if anyone else would make the same offer. Two other people did, but unfortunatly neither had any pins that I wanted, so I eventually went back to the first lady.

My trip was in April, and Pin Trading had only started in the UK in March, so maybe the Cast Lanyard pins weren't as well-known as they may be now. So just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high about the Gift Box pins and/or the Mickey Uniform pins being as highly regarded as LE pins. I never offered to trade those pins for LE pins, it was people who offered me LE pins for them, so I just felt very lucky.

:D And Aveen is such a pretty name!

Aveen2008

hehe don't worry I won't syc myself up and then get disappointed.. I think even if I don't do many or any good trades etc it will be a nice experience! I just wish it wasn't in Davey Crockett Ranch though!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:( Yeah, I bet the shuttles going there are going to be packed. I suppose it's better than paying foe a taxi, but yes, it would be so much easier if it was being held at one of the normal hotels.

Aveen2008

I wonder how much a taxi would cost?!

I have never seen Davey Crockett Ranch.. I don't think the events should ever be held out there, its far too awkward!

I wonder do people fly over from England especially for the event...as I remember you saying there was actually traders there from England the night you went!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

A Dutch lady that was in the que near me and I mum got talking to us, and revealed to us a very scary thing... :shock: most pin traders with tables there ONLY come for the PTN. Meaning that they don't even visit the parks! :lol: I was so shocked. The Dutch lady said that she basically just drives to France, stays in a cheap hotel the night before, goes to the PTN and then drives home either the same night or the day after.

Two English ladies that we got talking to as well also said they only came for the PTN. :P I just find it a bit crazy that someone would go all that way JUST for the PTN and not to go to DLRP itself.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"A Dutch lady that was in the que near me and I mum got talking to us, and revealed to us a very scary thing... :shock: most pin traders with tables there ONLY come for the PTN. Meaning that they don't even visit the parks! :lol: I was so shocked. The Dutch lady said that she basically just drives to France, stays in a cheap hotel the night before, goes to the PTN and then drives home either the same night or the day after.

Two English ladies that we got talking to as well also said they only came for the PTN. :P I just find it a bit crazy that someone would go all that way JUST for the PTN and not to go to DLRP itself.

:o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  :o

oh my god! I wonder would they do that every month! That is crazy! You would assume if they collect Disney pins that they love Disney! How could you then fly from England to Paris and only go to one of the hotels, knowing there is parks full of disney magic so near!!! :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  shocking!!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

Indeed! :P I guess they've just got lots of money. Pin collecting isn't the cheapest of hobbies when you consider the price of jumbo LE pins, etc, whenever they're released, so I guess those people can simply afford to travel all that way just for one night. It is mostly French people there though, so it's not as big a deal for them I don't think.

Aveen2008

Ive actually never seen a Jumbo pin in real life lol! :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

If I lived in france/paris area I would probably consider going when I am not visiting the parks but I wouldn't fly from Ireland or the uk to go lol! :P  :shock:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

Me neither! ;) Although, if I won the lottery, I'm sure I'd change my mind. :lol:

Aveen2008

lol yeah but if you won the lottery you would just book into a disney hotel for a few days every month and do the PTN and the parks hehe! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:lol: Better yet, I'd just buy a house that's not too far from DLRP. :mrgreen: Problem solved.

*Back on topic* :D Are you looking forward to what the actual Pin Trading Night pin/pins may be?

Aveen2008

Yeah :D  :D  :D  I am getting more and more excited! I think I will buy a few more LE disney Store pins before I go, I already have a few to take with me....the only worry is it being in Davey Crockett Ranch but I can't wait to experience it! I think I will be so overwhelmed and feel really jealous of people with great collections! I thin I will probably be completely stressed to the eyeballs actually.. I don't do well in crowds hehe!! :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:P Just take your time walking around. And like I said, be sure to ask if they have certain characters/attractions/etc. If you started looking for certain characters yourself you'll be there forever!

When we went to our very first PTN, the Pin Trading Night pins for that night were Bambi and Thumper. Both of those pins were gorgeous, but since it was our first time, me and my mum only bought one each instead of two, so I never got spares of either of them. When we went in April, the Pin Trading Night pins for that night were Merlin and Meet the Robinsons. The Merlin one is awesome, but the Meet the Robinsons one was so fugly, I traded both of mine away. I still have both Merlin ones. ;) If you want my spare Merlin pin, maybe we could do a trade if I wanted one of your spare PTN pins. It would depend on the character though. :lol: If they did a Cheshire Cat one I'd want it so badly.

Adam

Update on Buses:
We are please to announce that the September Pin Trading Night will take place on Friday, September 25th, 2009 in Disney's® Ranch Davy Crockett® starting at 6.00 p.m.
Hope to see you soon.

In order to help the Collectors, we have reserved buses from the Train Station to the Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch as following :
3.00pm : Train Station >> Ranch
4.00pm : Train Station >> Ranch
5.00pm : Train Station >> Ranch
6.00pm : Train Station >> Ranch
======
8.00pm : Ranch >> Train Station
9.00pm : Ranch >> Train Station
10.00pm : Ranch >> Train Station

Have Fun with Pin Trading,
The Disneyland® Paris Pin Trading Team.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :P Just take your time walking around. And like I said, be sure to ask if they have certain characters/attractions/etc. If you started looking for certain characters yourself you'll be there forever!

When we went to our very first PTN, the Pin Trading Night pins for that night were Bambi and Thumper. Both of those pins were gorgeous, but since it was our first time, me and my mum only bought one each instead of two, so I never got spares of either of them. When we went in April, the Pin Trading Night pins for that night were Merlin and Meet the Robinsons. The Merlin one is awesome, but the Meet the Robinsons one was so fugly, I traded both of mine away. I still have both Merlin ones. ;) If you want my spare Merlin pin, maybe we could do a trade if I wanted one of your spare PTN pins. It would depend on the character though. :lol: If they did a Cheshire Cat one I'd want it so badly.

Don't worry if it was a cheshire cat pin I would give my spare one to you! I promise I would never trade it, knowing how much you love him! Has there ever been a DLP PTN pin of him??

I bought these LE pins in the UK store today for taking with me along with the ones I already have that i am taking....

DO you think I should leave them on there backing's for the pin trading night or just put them on a lanyard as it's easier?

Had a big problem with the Lion KIng pin as there was no back on it and they were trying to charge me £7 saying all LE's are £7 (which they aren't as Mary poppins, lady and tramp etc arent), it was a bit of a debate but i stood up for myself (whlst shaking inside as I hate confrontation) and when they looked it up in a file they seen I was right lol!

Adam : thanks so much for the information! Can I ask how you know this? Is there anywhere in particular to stand and wait or just infront of the train station (probably a bit up from the santa fe stop)??

:D
Luv Aveen xoxo