Premium FASTPASS... for sale (18 Jul - 4 Aug '09)

Started by Anthony, June 17, 2009, 08:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

No, this isn't a listing, it's a another new Fastpass test in Paris.

Grandmath on Disney Central Plaza reports that from 19th June to 2nd August a new kind of "Super FASTPASS", "Premium FASTPASS" will be available to guests... to buy.

For €100 per person per day - and €80 per person per day from July (I guess they're testing pricing), this special ticket will give you immediate, unlimited access to the Fastpass queues of all the FP-equipped attractions. It's basically a VIP FASTPASS, which is currently given to guests in hotel Suites, Castle Club and Empire State Club, but available to buy.

The catch, I suppose, is that the ticket will only be on sale at the receptions of Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Hotel New York. What with the high price point, it therefore seems to be a bit of a top-up for people who couldn't book into one of the Club rooms which come with the tickets included. (Though apparently it won't be limited to guests of Disney Hotels, anyone can drop in and buy one)

And so, Disneyland Paris is the first of all resorts to offer a specifically paid-for Fastpass privilege, if only as a test.

Your thoughts?

Willow

Very expensive and very pointless, in my opinion.
Free Fastpass is fine by me but starts getting silly when you have to pay for it.

I can understand why people would buy it: On one of the busiest days of the year and you only have 1 day on the resort.

I can see the test being successful and it staying.

never2old

On a busy day, or during the high season when all days are busy days, I would consider getting one... But it seems very expensive!! Still, unlimited goes on BTM or TOT... That was our main reason so far for going for a suite or castle club in the past!

littlemermaid83

Good idea for the busy summer months etc...

The price a little too steep. I think I will stick with the normal FP.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

experiment627

Basically, this is nothing new as you get also VIP Fastpass privileges when you are booking a VIP guide ...

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "experiment627"Basically, this is nothing new as you get also VIP Fastpass privileges when you are booking a VIP guide ...

But that's only for a couple of hours for what? 500 euros?

I think this is an interesting test although I for sure won't consider this. We usually stay for 5 or 6 days and are 4 persons, which would sum up to 5 * 4 * 80 = 1600 EUR. For that kind of money I 'd rather go for the Castle Club and enjoy much more privileges. Still very interesting and might even be a success ...

kiki_304

Quote from: "Nicolai"
Quote from: "experiment627"Basically, this is nothing new as you get also VIP Fastpass privileges when you are booking a VIP guide ...

But that's only for a couple of hours for what? 500 euros?

I think this is an interesting test although I for sure won't consider this. We usually stay for 5 or 6 days and are 4 persons, which would sum up to 5 * 4 * 80 = 1600 EUR. For that kind of money I 'd rather go for the Castle Club and enjoy much more privileges. Still very interesting and might even be a success ...

Exactly my thoughts.  

It may be more tempting to people if the price was for say 3 days, but those prices per day is crazy :?:  :!:

Nicholas-c

Very expensive but good idea, You have to remember this won't be marketed at your average guest, It will be marketed at the ones staying in expensive Disneyland hotel suites, celebrities etc, people who don't want to sit in queues and have the money to do anything they want.

If it were €40 a day i would consider it, however having it at €40 or below defeats the point of having fast pass queue, Besides, Alton towers used to sell "Fastpasses"
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

disney-dan

I wouldnt be surprised to see this go the way that the Express Pass at Universal Studios went. First they were free and you picked them up at the attraction. Then they brought out an ultimate version you paid for whilst still being able to get them one at a time at the attractions. Now they have scrapped all Express Passes except the paid versions.

I hop they dont end up going down that route but I wouldnt be surprised.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

Reiana

I'm not sure about this, but test may have started already. As we were there in the first week of june, while waiting for baby switch I saw a lot of people entering Crush Coaster through the exit and they were definitily not waiting for baby switch or were disabled. They had some kind of papers, some even looked like print at home tickets.

I don't know if this were suite guests or VIPs, but I found it kind of strange. Never saw this before. :?

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"... you have to remember this won't be marketed at your average guest, It will be marketed at the ones staying in expensive Disneyland hotel suites, celebrities etc, people who don't want to sit in queues and have the money to do anything they want. ...

People staying at a hotel suite (and Castle Club and Empire State Club) already get a VIP FastPass for free and for the whole duration of their stay!

CafeFantasia

Bad bad idea. Disneyland should never have this kind of hierarchy where people with more money get better treatment. Disneyland is all about equalising everyone. Fastpass is good because it's free. Anyone can get a Fastpass ticket, regardless of how much money they have.

By the way, I think it will look like this:

Willow

For the amount it costs I'd expect something more exciting than the above picture.  :P

Kristof

Quote from: "Nicolai"By the way, I think it will look like this:

That's the old design.  These are the new ones: