Premium FASTPASS... for sale (18 Jul - 4 Aug '09)

Started by Anthony, June 17, 2009, 08:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

They will sell 160 per day easily. No question. How many people visit the park per day? 50,000 people in the summer? If that was correct, you would only need 0.32% of guests to actually purchase to sell 160.

Anthony

Quote from: "Adam"They will sell 160 per day easily. No question. How many people visit the park per day? 50,000 people in the summer? If that was correct, you would only need 0.32% of guests to actually purchase to sell 160.
But if these are only on sale at the Disneyland Hotel reception, you'd have to look more at a percentage against the hotel occupancy, wouldn't you? DLH has 496 rooms apparently. I suppose though if you've already paid for DLH, another €80 for an unlimited Fastpass is a drop in the ocean.

As for money it does seem like they could make a lot at first, but it's really only the same as 320 extra people buying regular 1 day park tickets. I know which I'd prefer.

experiment627

Kevin Yee over at MiceAge talks about some FastPass-rumours at WDW, that actually sound plausible: //http://miceage.micechat.com/kevinyee/ky072109a.htm

king_spoon_ian

Wow, 160 is limiting it a lot more than I'd imagined. I'm impressed, but I still don't agree with the principle.

These are also on sale at the Newport Bay Club - I spent a while perusing a sign for it while checking in. Interestingly, the first (and by far the largest) language on the sign is English.

I wonder who this could be aimed at?  :-"

Tinkerbelle

I've seen someone at TOT this week appear at the Fastpast queue and showing the Fastpass CM a piece of printed paper. It wasn't a Fastpass card, it was a printed A4 sheet of paper.
I don't know if it was a fastpass or not, or if the guy finally entered the ride or not but I thought I'd mention it here.

I don't think selling fastpasses is a good idea, people would shorten their stays inside the disney property because you would no longer need a long stay to see it all. Therefore they would spend less on what really makes the benefit for disney: merchandising, restaurants and food carts. And no one would buy a fastpass for each member of the party for every day of stay in case of longer visits. It could sell, but I don't think it's a good idea. I would buy it for one day of my stay, maybe two, even if it was 100€, but i would definitely make my stay shorter if i can ride all of the thrill rides in one day with unlimited access.
Maybe it could be something available to those having non-Dream Annual Passes. People who paid for going often during the year and who might not be staying at the disney hotels and aren't allowed to enter the parks on certain dates, they're allowed to get a fastpass even if they have to pay for it, but they get to have a Premium FP on the busy day of their choice. It compensates, though they have to pay extra for it.

EDDY

Does anybody have a picture of that Premium ticket? Would be very interesting to see, but I think nobody has tried it, or ? :D

BTW how do the actual VIP Fastpasses look like?

cu =)
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Anthony

Quote from: "EDDY"BTW how do the actual VIP Fastpasses look like?

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/memorabilia/it ... icket-new/

I'd be interested to see the Premium FASTPASS too. I wonder if it's something more substantial than a regular ticket, since it is/was so expensive?

EDDY

QuoteImage
thanks =) - that's still the one they used 2 years ago?
has someone got a picture from backside of the pass? - i can't find it on memorabilia... :(

yes - I believe it is a 'lil bit different. so if anybody's going to buy one - please post a pic :D
we also thought about buying one - but decided it's too expensive for us... :O
[size=80]1997 - July (my first visit ever!!! =) DLP\'s 5th Anniversary
2005 - September
2007 - March
2007 - September
2008 - February
2008 - March - Day Trip to Stitch Live Preview
2008 - May
2008 - September
2009 - February/March
2009 - March - Day trip - St. Davids Day
2009 - August - 18th Anniversary =)
2009 - 2010 - December/January
2010 - May [/size]

//http://www.filmparade-kanal.tk

Adam

Quote from: "Anthony"[I'd be interested to see the Premium FASTPASS too. I wonder if it's something more substantial than a regular ticket, since it is/was so expensive?

Think of a Premium FASTPASS like the M+S adverts...

This is not just a normal FASTPASS. This is a diamond encrusted FASTPASS, printed on gold leaf gilt card, carefully created by master craftsmen in the foothills of Big Thunder Mountain.

I can sense your mouths watering now...

Adam

According to DLP.info (http://www.dlp.info/News/2009/09/premiu ... -availabl/), the Premium Fastpasses are still for sale after the trial. If so, they must be working and I would imagine that they will continue, as the article says.

Gareth

im glad that there keeping them and i wont buy one for EVERDAY im over there but i think i shall get one if the ques do become to annoying and crazy

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks