POTC Jack Sparrow & More Rumours

Started by Kristof, March 21, 2006, 01:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

I'm looking forward to it, the fact that it has already been done in America means that they can improve it and put the best version in Paris (I hope!) :D

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Just got confirmation in.  It is true (although we wouldn't doubt Enviede+).  The make-over will include Jack Sparrow animatronics.
Wow, seriously?!  Do you know when this will happen?

I'm actually quite excited... and very very shocked. Did they make too many Jack AA's at WDI or something?  Just where are DLRP getting their money from?!

Kristof

According to our source, the makeover would start in May already!!

There shouldn't be much work however, the whole attraction got an extended refurb last year.

Anthony

Blimey...  I think I'm speechless.

This must have been a very last-minute decision then, right?  I heard rumours of the European POTC3 premiere being at DLRP... imagine if they inaugurated the "new" version of the attraction with that, for the 15th too.

So we kinda have 5 new attractions this year... (if they can count Indy Backwards and SM:M2 as such huge new attractions, this can count! lol)

swity

Indiana Jones is going to be backwards again???

speedpacket

Quote from: "swity"Indiana Jones is going to be backwards again???
No - that was just irony...  When they introduced indiana backwards, they announced it as being a "NEW attraction" whereas it was only a revamp of ourse.

Same with SM:M2, so ll Baloo was saying that if THAT counted for a new attraction, then a redo of the pirates definitely would, and I agree one hundred percent :) :) :)

Looking forward to it indeed :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

swity

:oops:  Sorry....That was to much for my bad english to understand that this is irony...but thanks for the explanation

kurgly_bird

i'm gonna reserve judgment until i have actually seen the additions. i'm not quite sure what to think as of yet. hopefully will be a great revamp for a great ride. have to wait and see.

charlotte x

penfold12

This is fantastic! On another level, is this also an indicator that the parks are doing well financialy I wonder?

disney_dudette

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "raptor1982"The pirates attack the fort, because they want to free their mateys which are helt in prison (one of the first scenes).

The skeletons at the end scene are just death pirates, they have nothing to do with the movie version.
Ah, so the pirates at the end aren't necessarily the ones who attacked the fort then?

I guess they could put Jack Sparrow/Will Turner in the attack scenes and then Barbossa in the caves.  Hopefully not as a replacement for the current pirate on top of the treasure pile though...  I'm making up my own rumours now...  :lol:

The Skeleton pirates do sort of have something to do with the movie as they made the movie from the ride!
Rember...
Dreams can come true, with:
Faith, Trust and alittle bit of Pixie Dust

speedpacket

Quote from: "kurgly_bird"i'm gonna reserve judgment until i have actually seen the additions. i'm not quite sure what to think as of yet. hopefully will be a great revamp for a great ride. have to wait and see.

charlotte x
I agree with you Charlotte, but consider this...
Even if they don't add many special stuff, the least that we can expect is that everything that was already in there will be restored, and that's what makes me happy :)

I was there last week, and yet again the swinging pirate wasn't working.  There wasn't even music when you were going up the chainlift, so yes, even if it doesn't bring what we expect (personally, I don't see why we haveto have statues of actual actors in there - don't we have madame tussaud's for that?), it will at least restore the ride to its original glory :) :) :)
Next visit:

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

speedpacket

Quote from: "swity":oops:  Sorry....That was to much for my bad english to understand that this is irony...but thanks for the explanation
No need to apologise - I'm no native English speaker myself, so we all make mistakes/misread stuff ;)  Even the English do, I'm sure :)  (And they can't understand German or Dutch ;) )
Next visit:

lostinwonderland

Not looking forward to it at all... In my mind it would ruin the ride... The ride came before the film, and I dunno, it just seems to spoil it really... But I guess when/if I get to see I may have my mind changed..

If they announce that its being closed when I go next month I'll be absoloutly gutted....

Lordofthemightybeasts

Hmm... I guess it wouldn't be that bad. But only if they change the later scenes of the ride and keep their hands off the Blue Lagoon, the waterfall ascent and the assault of the fortress, they're as close to imagineering perfection as Pirates is going to get. And if those rumours are true that they're going to incorporate the Hans Zimmer score into the ride...  :evil:

speedpacket

Quote from: "Lordofthemightybeasts"And if those rumours are true that they're going to incorporate the Hans Zimmer score into the ride...  :evil:
Ouch - I missed that bit...  I love the score myself, but not on the ride, plus it gets quite boring if you put the CD in your car ;)

So I hope they won't put that music in the ride indeed :)
Next visit: