POTC Jack Sparrow & More Rumours

Started by Kristof, March 21, 2006, 01:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Disneytheque rumours that a rehab for Pirates is on its way for 2007 and will include Audio-Animatronics of Jack Sparrow and other characters from the Pirates movies.

Kinou

It will not be a massive rehab like in California of Florida, just adding an Animatronic of Jack somewhere in the ride.
Hug it out bitch !

Patrick

Well that doesn't sound too bad, though I'm totally against movies coming to rides to be honest that are already built years before the movie hit the box office.  I just hope he doesn't replace an animatronic in the attraction and is just added not put instead of a different one.

Anthony

I was hoping our attraction would remain faithful to the original concept, but if it's just going to be one or two extra animatronics, then I don't have a problem at all.  I like the way they're saying the movie characters will feature *alongside* the original characters in the American versions (kinda like an extra sub-plot), and it will of course be excellent for the attraction's popularity.  Not that it needs anything to make it more popular, but at least having these new figures will stop non-Disney fans coming off the ride thinking "where was Jack Sparrow?!", increasing guest satisfaction I guess.

I'm surprised it's rumoured for 2007, I would have thought they might keep it and use it for their 2009 attraction, but then if it really is just a couple of new animatronics, the 2007 date makes sense.

If all the rumours for the 15th Anniversary are true, this is going to be amazing for DLRP!  :o

RiverSong

I just hope that the new audio-animatronic will really look like Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow!  :D

Masamune

:o If they're making a Johnny Depp one they better do an Orlando Bloom one too! :P

experiment627

Quote from: "Masamune":o If they're making a Johnny Depp one they better do an Orlando Bloom one too! :P

Don't you think that would be a bit too easy for Disney Imagineering? This guy only has two face expressions!  :twisted:

( :arrow: runs and hides  :wink: )

Kristof

QuoteDon't you think that would be a bit too easy for Disney Imagineering? This guy only has to face expressions!  

*booh's at Experiment627*  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Masamune

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "Masamune":o If they're making a Johnny Depp one they better do an Orlando Bloom one too! :P

Don't you think that would be a bit too easy for Disney Imagineering? This guy only has to face expressions!  :twisted:

( :arrow: runs and hides  :wink: )
:P Both of which are adorable, so quit hatin' and give Orlie some luffins!

:lol: Yay, fangirl language...

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"Don't you think that would be a bit too easy for Disney Imagineering? This guy only has two face expressions!  :twisted:
Hahaha!  Absolutely true!

Captain Jack, on the other hand, is going to be *really* hard to pull off if they try to properly capture all of Depp's movements and expressions.

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Captain Jack, on the other hand, is going to be *really* hard to pull off if they try to properly capture all of Depp's movements and expressions.

I guess it'll be really hard to tell if the AA is working or if it is having a really bad malfunction (you know, like all those killer robots from those really cheesy sci-fi movies)  :wink:

Kristof

QuoteI guess it'll be really hard to tell if the AA is working or if it is having a really bad malfunction (you know, like all those killer robots from those really cheesy sci-fi movies)

Oh, you're talking about Pirates in Disney World...  Or Revenge of the Mummy at WDW  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anthony

Is there any official word on whether one of the movie villains will be included in the DLR/WDW (or even DLRP) Pirates revamp?

I heard it was Davy Jones (from Dead Man's Chest), but I'm not sure...  Barbossa would probably fit into the ride better.

I actually think having a villain would make the storyline of the ride a bit odd.  The pirates are meant to attack the fort and then become skeletons in the caves (ie. they're pretty much the bad guys, albeit funny bad guys).  If they introduce a villain into the story, who's the bad guy going to be?  :?

Kristof

The pirates attack the fort, because they want to free their mateys which are helt in prison (one of the first scenes).

The skeletons at the end scene are just death pirates, they have nothing to do with the movie version.

(Can you tell I read Pirates of the Caribbean: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies???  :lol: )

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"The pirates attack the fort, because they want to free their mateys which are helt in prison (one of the first scenes).

The skeletons at the end scene are just death pirates, they have nothing to do with the movie version.
Ah, so the pirates at the end aren't necessarily the ones who attacked the fort then?

I guess they could put Jack Sparrow/Will Turner in the attack scenes and then Barbossa in the caves.  Hopefully not as a replacement for the current pirate on top of the treasure pile though...  I'm making up my own rumours now...  :lol: