POTC Jack Sparrow & More Rumours

Started by Kristof, March 21, 2006, 01:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Bumping this back on topic...

Did anyone (Kinou) heard more about this project?  According to my little blue bird nothing has been planned for POTC next year!

Dlrpfan

and your blue bird has not been wrong yet!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

penfold12

With the length of the rehab next year already released, I cant see it happening at all. State side they closed the attraction for a long while to add the new animatrontics. Shame though, would of been fantastic for the 15th and realease of the 3rd movie.

But you never know, could be a nice end to the 15th celebrations in 2008?

Lightning McQueen

I would love to see some new additions to the POTC but it might be a good idea to leave it for another year with the  15th Anniversary coming up and the new attractions connected with this.Too much in 2007 might lead to some disappointment in 2008. :wink:
Lightning McQueen

The Butlin Boy

There may not be any new animatronics arriving in the near future but at least the films have made their way into the ride in the on-ride photos:

Quote02 September 2006
Summon the Kraken!

Disneyland Park in Paris might not have Jack Sparrow animatronics or an eerie Davy Jones projection, but the blockbuster film franchise has finally been introduced to the park's Pirates of the Caribbean in its own small way.

"Baptist the Pirate!" reports on Disney Central Plaza forum that the artwork surrounding the attraction's on-ride photo has now been updated with a new design (featured below) featuring a few not-so-subtle nods to the second movie. These include the mighty Kraken, the key to the Dead Man's Chest, a hint of Cannibal Island and a pirate captain bearing a strong (but not completely accurate) resemblance to Jack Sparrow himself.

The previous photo artwork (featured below) was far less colourful, using mainly shades of blue on an image of a rough sea. This artwork was introduced in April 2004, when the attraction's on-ride camera was moved to the second main flume, between the Burning Village and Dead Man's Caves. When first introduced in early 2002, the camera was located in one of the eye sockets of the skull in the rockface of the first Dead Man's Caves scene, producing some fairly un-animated photos of guests gently sailing by.
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2006/09/ ... -photo.jpg     http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2006/09/ ... to-old.jpg

Anthony

As penfold12 mentioned in another topic, Tokyo Disneyland has just announced it will be adding Jack Sparrow, Captain Barbossa and the fogscreen Davy Jones to its Pirates of Caribbean this summer.

So that just leaves Paris...

If I were a betting guy, I'd bet on a full Jack Sparrow invasion of Adventureland come 2008/09, including rethemeing Adventure Isle with some of the touches currently going into DLR's Tom Sawyer.  I'm not sure if that's something I'd actually want, but you have to admit the pieces fit together well...

penfold12

Patmagic wrote: "Erm those fighting pirates are NOT new, they have been in place since 1992 and also I have never noticed them being dressed differently. They were not made to be like captain jack or will turner. Also some more useless info when they were made they were the most complex animatronic ever made  ."

The audio animatronic your refering to is the auctioneer. In 1992 he was the most advanced animatronic in all the parks, thats why his movements are so much more fluid than any others on the attraction.

I was refering to the final two figures, sword fighting right before the final dropm, with a blonde woman watching them with a hankie to her mouth. I have photos takne from one of my first visits, and their apperance has been altered. Not the animatronic itself, just the hair and clothing. They look like bad fancy dress versions of Will Turner and Captain Jack.

Lordofthemightybeasts

Quote from: "penfold12"The audio animatronic your refering to is the auctioneer. In 1992 he was the most advanced animatronic in all the parks, thats why his movements are so much more fluid than any others on the attraction.

Are you sure? I'm pretty confident that the swordfighters were the most advanced animatronic in the park. Wasn't the auctioneer behind the Timekeeper and the Phantom as well?

But back on topic, I really think this is an awful idea. Am I the only one who thinks that Pirates was a pretty bad film made alrightish by two good actors (and no, I'm not referring to Orlando and Kiera :wink: )? The second film was just terrible though- in the original Jack's humour came from his witty interaction with other characters, so why did he spend the whole film doing slapstick bits? Orlando Bloom's acting was somehow even worse and the villain was nothing more than a special effect. Most of all it was SOOOO boring, really no fun at all. When everyone's sick of the films by the fourth or fifth sequels then Disney will regret what they've done. And if they do up Adventure Isle then I really will lose faith in them.

Mind you, I doubt this will happen at Paris. The (already limited) budget it would use wouldn't be made up by the small increase in guests it would bring. It wouldn't be worth blowing a marketing campaign on either, as they've already learned from Mission 2 that revamps don't sell.

suzie

I don't like this at all, puting real life people (I know it's captain Jack, but people will still see Johny Depp) into an attraction, making it more about the celebrity than about the adventure and the magic

I hope everybody will remember that the ride was there before the movie!
"Cause I found some kind of fairy...tale"

penfold12

I stand corrected Lordofthemightybeast.

Could of sworn I read that it was the auctioneer, but im no doubt wrong.  :lol:

Patrick

Quote from: "penfold12"I stand corrected Lordofthemightybeast.

Could of sworn I read that it was the auctioneer, but im no doubt wrong.  :lol:

The auctioneer i'm sure was in the original potc all those years ago in 1967 :wink: , if you are talking about the scene with we want the red head, cannot remember it's french translation :wink: .

mehdi5

Well in the USA people are very pleased with the rehab but it's not entirely new it's just expanding the experience. But if it is gonna happen in 2008 or 2009 i would be very happy with that :wink:

DisneyNut2007

Quote from: "suzie"I don't like this at all, puting real life people (I know it's captain Jack, but people will still see Johny Depp) into an attraction, making it more about the celebrity than about the adventure and the magic.

Actually, the PotC attractions are STILL about the adventure and the magic. Always have been, always will be, no matter what.

In response to this article (http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2007/03/ ... or-me.html), the incarnations of the Pirates attractions that already feature the film characters are still faithful to the original versions. Even if the Paris version were to get those additions, it'll still be faithful to the original, no matter what. Too bad a can't leave a comment on that article saying all this.

I wish that people would stop getting themselves in knots about all this stuff.

Anthony

Dagobert posted:

Dlp.info reported that the pirates of the caribbean will be updated in may. So captain jack sparrow will enter dlp.

http://www.dlp.info/Guide/News-And-Rumo ... nr=469#469

The article:
Quote from: "DLP.info"Since Disneyland Anaheim and the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World updated their versions of the Pirates of the Caribbean rides in time for the premiere of the second installment of the movie franchise rumors were out, that the other two Disney parks featuring versions of the ride may follow suit. Soon enough Tokyo Disneyland confirmed that it would update it's ride to introduce Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow from the movies and new special effects. Only Paris seemed to be left out - afterall the numerous projects for 2007 and early 2008 as part of the 15th anniversary were announced but there was no mentioning of any changes for Pirates.
But the latest (just released) issue of "envie+", the official magazine for Annual Passport holders ( available online) now confirms that as early as MAY (so next month) DLP's Pirates of the Caribbean will premiere an update in connection with the big screen debut of the new movie "Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End"!! Alas, the magazine does provide only spare details mentioning better sound, new special effects and characters directly inspired by the movie.
Based on this information and the overlays seen in the US parks guests should expect to hear a new soundtrack incorporating themes from the successful score of the movie series, Audio-Animatronics of Jack Sparrow (featuring Johnny Depp's face) and new special effects. But what and where exactly - well there are only rumors. But a recent ride-through seemed to confirm that at least preparations had already been made. A necessity as no major closure of the ride is announced for May so far.
When approaching the firs chain-lift, still in the tranquil waters after the ship-wreck and the Blue Lagoon Restaurant, guests used to be able to see directly to the entrance leading into the fort, to the lift as well as onto the shores where fireflys seemed to move around between the lush plants. But now several dark rocks have been added to the right of the boats, blocking the view of the shores and the entrance of the fort. Also the lower half of the lift hill is now really dark, in fact so dark that the themeing and the heavy chain moving on the right is totally invisible. While the purpose of these changes is not confirmed, it could be speculated that a water curtain might be installed onto which a short movie of Davy Jones might be projected - as in the updated version in the US-parks.

The Envie de + text in english:
"Whilst you wait for May, come and re-discover the attraction 'Pirates of the Caribbean' at Disneyland Park in its revised version: better sound, new special effects and more characters, directly inspired by the film... And of course, meet Jack Sparrow in front of the attraction 'Pirates of the Caribbean'."

I never even noticed this in there, but it looks like DCP have been discussing it weeks... (without any confirmation so far)

Kristof

Just got confirmation in.  It is true (although we wouldn't doubt Enviede+).  The make-over will include Jack Sparrow animatronics.

So now it's official, what do you think?