Having a RANT at the trip advisor negativity! grrr

Started by littlehairmaid, March 09, 2009, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlehairmaid

I am a sad trip advisor addict and I love going onto the website to see picture, videos and reviews from disney travellers..but I have to admit, I am getting annoyed witrh the amount of people moaning (and some vicious too) anbout the COST of Disneyland Paris i.e Food, Hotels, merchandise!!!

OK! It IS expensive..but please..did these people book there holiday to Paris and NOT do their homework!!??
Who doesnt look into the cost of things when planning a trip? who doesnt know that PARIS is STILL PARIS equaling over expenses? I dont get it!  :roll:

Sorry..rant over  :D/

davewasbaloo

Sadly though, cost is not the only issue. The quality of the hotels, some of the food offerings and souvenirs are very poor compared to competitors or even Disney's own history.
since 2001 (many before that)

ford prefect

Quote from: "littlehairmaid"I am a sad trip advisor addict and I love going onto the website to see picture, videos and reviews from disney travellers..but I have to admit, I am getting annoyed witrh the amount of people moaning (and some vicious too) anbout the COST of Disneyland Paris i.e Food, Hotels, merchandise!!!

OK! It IS expensive..but please..did these people book there holiday to Paris and NOT do their homework!!??
Who doesnt look into the cost of things when planning a trip? who doesnt know that PARIS is STILL PARIS equaling over expenses? I dont get it!  :roll:

Sorry..rant over  :D/

=D> Well said!

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Sadly though, cost is not the only issue. The quality of the hotels, some of the food offerings and souvenirs are very poor compared to competitors or even Disney's own history.

The souvenir quality has always been poor, however it has improved recently
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

*Jess*

Hooray for littlemermaid!!!

I personally don't understand why people, for example, book a trip to the Disneyland Hotel and then complain about the cost of a hotdog...
We know that our trips to DLRP are expensive, but that is why we go only once, sometimes twice a year but when we go we want to be able to do, eat or buy whatever we want!

*Jess*

QuoteHooray for littlemermaid!!!

Oooops...
I mean littlehairmaid
Sor-ry ;-)

Willow

Everyone will always have something to complain about.

I'd rather get opinions off people on a forum like this than anywhere else.

speedpacket

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Sadly though, cost is not the only issue. The quality of the hotels, some of the food offerings and souvenirs are very poor compared to competitors or even Disney's own history.
Probably no surprise I second this quote :)
I will never complain about the price, but there is a LOT to complain about the level of quality you get for the price...

So please don't narrow your world to Disney only, and go visit some other stuff in the world!  You'll soon notice that you get MUCH more quality and service for the same price :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

littlehairmaid

So please don't narrow your world to Disney only, and go visit some other stuff in the world!  You'll soon notice that you get MUCH more quality and service for the same price :)[/quote]

I`ve been around the world an I..I..I..I..I cant find my baby, err I mean my heart! because its ALWAYS at Disney  :D/  cheeeeeesy or what! hahaha

ford prefect

Quote from: "littlehairmaid"So please don't narrow your world to Disney only, and go visit some other stuff in the world!  You'll soon notice that you get MUCH more quality and service for the same price :)

I`ve been around the world an I..I..I..I..I cant find my baby, err I mean my heart! because its ALWAYS at Disney  :D/  cheeeeeesy or what! hahaha[/quote]

+1 (Just without the Lisa Stanfield lyrics) :lol:
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

RockNRoller

I reckon people just have to have something to complain about, but lets face it expensive or not we're all going to keep going, just plan ahead and enjoy.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

davewasbaloo

But I do agree, although I do think DLP has lost a lot of the quality they once offered, it does seem clear a lot of the people on Tripadvisor are pretty clueless too (all fast food?, I can't remember the last time I ate fast food at DLP).
since 2001 (many before that)

bigrossco

You would be amazed the amount of people I used to speak to wanting to cancell there holiday because of what they read on sites like Trip Advisor

Anyone will find one small thing wrong and make it into a big thing!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

npg

This is a particular bugbear of mine. If you book to go to places like this, you know its going to be expensive, so dont go.

We have just come back from New York (2 weeks ago) and we knew it would be expensive and had sufficient money for what we wanted to do, although we hated the place, but thats a whole other story.

Admittedly some of  the souveniers in Disney are pretty poor quailty, and some of the food is a bit samey, but its easy to find nice stuff to buy and eat.

Rincelex

I looked on trip advisor the last time I went away as I had found a hotel and wanted to see what people thought of it, well it got quite a few knocks and some quite hard but I thought I would give it go anyway. It was a lovely hotel (rooms turned out to be a lot larger than we were expecting) and excellent value for money considering the location the service was brilliant and I would recommend this hotel to anyone so now I look on trip advisor mainly to see other peoples photos and try not to look at the comments as they tend to be a bit too negative in my opinion.

bigrossco

its so funny how people day DLRP is "crowded" and to "busy"

What do they expect?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista