Phantom Manor

Started by Disneyland Paris Treasures, January 14, 2009, 12:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Quote from: "pussinboots"Can I just say that the new Madam Leota is, as the young people say, an epic fail. I've done Phantom Manor about six times now since the refurbishment, and I just keep thinking she looks like the sort of failed transvestite popular in British comedy.

Even though i said above (EDIT: previous page) the golden rule is to never bad mouth PM i have to agree.  When i went back in July i thought she deffinatly looked worse, "An American soccer mom" is what my mum described the new Leota as :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

pussinboots

Quote from: "-breeno-"Even though i said above (EDIT: previous page) the golden rule is to never bad mouth PM i have to agree.  When i went back in July i thought she deffinatly looked worse, "An American soccer mom" is what my mum described the new Leota as :lol:

Yes, that's an excellent analogy, haha.

I still think the problem (at this point) is not with the technology but with the footage. It's just eyes and lips on a white background, so her physical head — which has a huge jaw to fit all her mouth positions — is emphasized far too much. And that's what makes her look like a Little Britain character.

I suppose that footage worked for the old projection system, but on the new head, not so much.

The American Leota projection is much more defined.

Thomas_626

The American Leota is far superior to our version.

All in all, Phantom Manor does need some work done to make it look less, ride-y hehe.

I especially hate that you can hear the mechanics clattering at times.

Magic M

I was wondering... where is the latin sign "Non Omnis Moriar"?  I've heard its around the grounds of Ravenswood Manor somewhere... but I've never actually seen it...

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Magic M"I was wondering... where is the latin sign "Non Omnis Moriar"?  I've heard its around the grounds of Ravenswood Manor somewhere... but I've never actually seen it...

"Non Omnis Moriar" - 'Not all will Die' ............ well that's always good to know. Anyone the Percentages ?  :P

Magic M

It better translates as "I will not die completely".

Well its looks like the Bride did not die completely...  Her heartbeat can still be heart in Boot Hill cemetary!

Pete's Dragon

:roll:

Magic M

Blame Google then!  They say its taken from an old Latin text by Horace.

TR_Wolf

From what I can see, the new Madame Leota seems to be based on The Rocky Horror Show's "Magenta":

Or is it just me?

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"

The Helmsman

It is translated as "Not all of me will die" . With this phrase Horace ends his poetical work "Odes".
~It Be Too Late To Alter Course~

15yearsofMagic2008

Quote from: "TR_Wolf"From what I can see, the new Madame Leota seems to be based on The Rocky Horror Show's "Magenta":

Or is it just me?

Oh yeahhh ! She does !!! She sounds like her too ! Except the red hair though .

BTW , The Rocky Horror Picture Show Rocks !
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

luke85

Hi all! It was a long while ago that I posted that on my most recent trip to DLP (last September) I had spotted something near Phantom Manor that I had never heard about before...

Well, I haven't been to DLP since (unfortunately), but I discovered an amazing website which has a video that shows what I saw!

It's a couple of gravestones that I managed to spot when I was on the River Rogue Keelboats, but the guy who made the video, captured them from aboard the Riverboat.

Here is the first:

A close up:

The sunken tombstone (my favourite!):

The website I found them on is absolutely brilliant! http://www.martinsvids.net has loads of really in-depth videos on all of the resorts, particularly DLP. These pictures were found on a detailed movie 3 part film about DLP that's 3 hours long! I really recommend that you check it out. Here is the direct link to the movie: http://www.martinsvids.net/?cat=98&paged=3 The tombstones are found at 20mins 40secs on the first of the three parts.

These tombstones might not be that secret after all, but I was so astonished when I found them last year. I've been to DLP 4 times and I thought that if I had missed them for the first 3 times I'd visited, then surely there must be others on the board who have done too!

davewasbaloo

Wow Luke, after 54 trips, I have never seen those before either. Great find! =D>
since 2001 (many before that)

Alpop

As soon as I get the photos I'll add them to my site. :wink:

Magic M

Little known fact:

The scene of The Bride sobbing into her hanky is taken from this famous painting:

Its one of the first ever optical illusions and is called "All Is Vanity".

Also, can anyone post a pic of the latin sign "Non Omnis Moriar" which is supposed to be wall of the manor somewhere...