Phantom Manor

Started by Disneyland Paris Treasures, January 14, 2009, 12:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Ah, finally, a video.

To be honest, she looks a little like Walt Disney World's Leota from back when they first got a rear-projected one. In order to have enough space for all her mouth movements, they had to give her some extra chin and face. They used to joke she'd gained a few pounds.

The problem, I think, is that there are no shadows on her face in the footage itself. She's just a pair of eyes, a nose and a mouth on a blank canvas. Unlike the Haunted Mansion's Leota who has very dramatic shadows under her cheekbones etc.:

See what I mean? Same projection system, same head (probably), but the footage makes all the difference.

Ah well. At least it's brighter now.

Flounder

Quote from: "Anthony"Is the second picture new or has it just not been lit very well before?
They actually changed the lighting in the seance room completely. All the light parts between the figures are dark now and the figures are being illuminated with black light. It gives a very spooky effect much more like the original seance rooms in the HMs ... very well done I think!

I also did a couple of pics of Little Leota ... and it seems as if the projection does not really fit her head. Here they are:

Cheers,
Flounder

Clarebelle

hehe she seems to have a crooked nose  :lol:
cant wait to see the new effects :D
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

-breeno-

She looks more like a zombie to me other than a ghost :P

Still can't complain, it's something new to Phantom Manor, and you never bad mouth it.  That's my golden rule :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

15yearsofMagic2008

YOUR ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS ! You know the bride Melanie , they have put the veils over her face and now you can't see her face at all.
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Willow

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"YOUR ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS ! You know the bride Melanie , they have put the veils over her face and now you can't see her face at all.

Maybe that is due to the projection not fitting properly? It could be a good thing whilst they fix the problem, it shows they are thinking about the problem and don't want to spoil the show too much.

Kristof

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"YOUR ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS ! You know the bride Melanie , they have put the veils over her face and now you can't see her face at all.

You still catch a glimpse of her face, it's more mysterious now.

15yearsofMagic2008

yeah but from the pictures i have seen , the face is hard to see as you can only see a bit of hair and just a tiny bit of her face.Thank goodness those lights on the candlestick are leds because if it was real fire , next thing you know , KABOOM! and then we have to evacuate.

Kristof

Quoteyeah but from the pictures i have seen , the face is hard to see as you can only see a bit of hair and just a tiny bit of her face

Yeah, but pictures don't always do justice to the real thing.  :wink:

15yearsofMagic2008

have they done any other changes to Phantom Manor ? :cheshire_bounce:

Agent Lex

Little Bride's face doesn't appear to be covered by a veil any more. The nose still looks a bit Stephen Fry-ish though.

I went on Phantom Manor twice on my trip, once on Tuesday and once on Wednesday. The Leota table appeared to be moving/floating on Tuesday, but it was still the next day :?

Javey74

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I found a brilliant Website on Phantom Manor called 'Ravenswood'. It gives you the story behind Phantom Manor, and a tour of the ride it'self, aswell as the making of the attraction, including sound samples, facts and trivia throughout..  :wink:  :D  

Hope you enjoy..  :D

http://ravenswood.free.fr/tour1.html

From this site you can also learn about the legend of Thunder Mountain, featuring the pre story of Phantom Manor..  :D

There is a lot on this site that I didn't know, noticed or even realised..  :o

15yearsofMagic2008

No offence or anything towards DLRP , but have they tried to make Leota look scarier ........................................................................... or tried to make her look like the Jokers Wife  :D  :lol: (She looks just like him  :lol:  !)

Javey74

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"No offence or anything towards DLRP , but have they tried to make Leota look scarier ........................................................................... or tried to make her look like the Jokers Wife  :D  :lol: (She looks just like him  :lol:  !)
Are you referring to the new one, because the one shown in the weblink is the old looking Leota.. :? The new one uses a 3D effect, which I think is a big improvement..  :wink:

pussinboots

Can I just say that the new Madam Leota is, as the young people say, an epic fail. I've done Phantom Manor about six times now since the refurbishment, and I just keep thinking she looks like the sort of failed transvestite popular in British comedy.

The Haunted Mansions' Leotas look splendid. It's a shame.