Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:) I'm gonna ask in the Manchester store tomorrow if any of them recieved the gift pins.

@ Sam - There was no pin trading back when I worked at the Disney Store in 2005, so there will have been no gift pins back then. :P Gutted.

Stitch2814

hahaha I think it is nice for the temps to get the pins but I think it is a kind of sad that they will just put them aside and not want them or sell them which they aint supposed to do.

As I know not everyone working there will want to keep them so they should give them to only CMs who collect pins etc

Eager_Eyes

We should be able to get that pin its sooo lovely, I mean they could surely put a few aside in each store for people who they know are regular traders as a thank you for their continued custom throughout the year.  I mean without us then pin trading would of fell flat out!!!

If there are cm's who don't want them then we should all get second picks...i'm allowed to dream.  And I know they're not allowed to sell those pins but I've seen ones from Florida on ebay a few times.  In fact a while ago I won the most amazing lot of all cm exclusive pins, orientation pin from mgm, pin trading trations training pin, annual pin for cm's for a few different years it was amazing!!!

Stitch2814

I went into the disney store today and the mean woman wasnt on (YAY) so I had a close look at the belle pin and the jasmine/rajah pin.

The Jasmine/Rajah pin is bigger than I thought and I can say it is worth £5 but I hope we get some £3 pins soon lol

And the Belle pin I ended up buying as a trader for when I go to the DLP in April so I will be buying the other pins to co-inside with the belle pin and take the full set (if complete by then) to DLP with me to trade.

Dorsetcandy

Hiya
All cms at my store got the Xmas pressies and lots of us appreciated them  :D there are actually 4other cms attending the pin meet in Feb from my store and altho we sometimes are too busy instore to have the time we would like to spend chatting with pin traders an effort is always made/also there r times when lanyard isn't worn just because it is very heavy to wear(even i hung it behind cash and wrap other day as was getting in the way when doing gift boxing)

Had 2very nice cpls come in recently one who collects dvc pins and one who collects mainly dlrp pins was just a shame it was Sat and busy there are cms who are interested in pins i may not be there much longer but there are now 4/5 other cms who buy pins  :)

Stitch2814

I might have to give the meet a no go Im afraid sam, as I might be going to Ireland to see other half for bday/anniversary and wouldnt be able to to make both Im afraid :( feel well bad now as I would of come down but it is a bit expensive on the train.

Masamune

It was too busy in the store today so I didn't get to ask about the gift pins. :) Would be nice to find out what each CM is doing with theirs.

Stitch2814

Quote from: "Masamune"It was too busy in the store today so I didn't get to ask about the gift pins. :) Would be nice to find out what each CM is doing with theirs.

There is a girl there who is leaving remember Lindsay, her name begins with A..the girl who has stitch on her nametag, so she said she would be selling hers when she leaves as she got to much uni work to do so IF she got what Sam got then might be able to get it off her but she knows her prices..

Why is it when they dont collect something they know exaclty where to go to sell it and how much it can go for grrrr.

Masamune

:) I would really love those gift pins. But yeah, we'll have to wait and see.

Belle's World

Woohoo, my fil got me the Belle locket and it is beautiful so glad to have it. I know they probably won't sell out that quickly but i have no plans to go to a Disney store until Feb so best be on the safe side.
Ro

Stitch2814

awww bet you were well happy with the Belle pin and will look very nice with all your other belle pins :)

Read my Pin-view of the pin here - http://dptuk.blogspot.com/

hahaha Im trying to get more people to read it :P

Belle's World

Hi Danny,
Just read your blog, looks great hopefully non collectors will read and become interested!
Ro

simonandwendy626

Hi Danny Just read your blog. it is excellent, now if you could just review the other 70000 pins on pin pics..... Only joking lets hope it encourages others to start trading.

looking forward to this months pin as Ariel is one of our favorites.

Hope everyone has had a brilliant christmas  :santa:

55 days till disneyland paris here we come!  :D/

Stitch2814

Quote from: "simonandwendy626"Hi Danny Just read your blog. it is excellent, now if you could just review the other 70000 pins on pin pics..... Only joking lets hope it encourages others to start trading.

looking forward to this months pin as Ariel is one of our favorites.

Hope everyone has had a brilliant christmas  :santa:

55 days till disneyland paris here we come!  :D/

hahaha 70000 pins...I can try lol as I will be looking at other pins in-between pin releases in the UK as then the blog wouldnt be updated that often so I will be looking at other pins I recieve in trades or purchase off ebay.

Javey74

A few purchases over the past few months..  :)

Dory>>

Minnie>>

Tinkerbell>>

Up>>