castle colors!

Started by nemo1981, December 11, 2008, 03:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo1981

I`d like to know if I´m the only person here that liked the original colors of the castle the most?! I`ve been to dlrp 6 times and I´ve seen the changes. I really think it looked great with the two golden towers and the rest in this perfect royal blue....I think it was really elegant back then.Does anyone have pics of these old days?
I don`t like that the roofs right now turn from blue to gold, i think it looks a bit cheap and that it`s not as magical as the original...

any different point of views? :D

Riebi

Oh no you´re not alone! I liked the old colors much much much much more then the new ones. But mostly I liked the color of the actual "building" more. The roofs are ok in that gold-blue for me. But the original colors of the rest looked so much better. Not so plastic and more like a "real" fairy tale castle.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

nemo1981

you`re right,but i wasn`t sure if the whole castle has got new colour...
 yes and i also think it looks more like plastic that way,what a pity....

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "nemo1981"I`d like to know if I´m the only person here that liked the original colors of the castle the most?! I`ve been to dlrp 6 times and I´ve seen the changes. I really think it looked great with the two golden towers and the rest in this perfect royal blue....I think it was really elegant back then.Does anyone have pics of these old days?
I don`t like that the roofs right now turn from blue to gold, i think it looks a bit cheap and that it`s not as magical as the original...

any different point of views? :D

No disagreement from me..........to my mind your spot on :)

Epcot_Boy :santa:

David

dagobert

When did they change the colours of the building and of the roof? In my opinion the castle looks now better, but I hope they will put down the character figures soon. Hopefully there will be no decoration on the castle next year.

nemo1981

i don`t mind the figures and decorations....
look at pictures of the castle 1992,the colors were quite different back then,
i think they changed the colors after the 5th anniversary....

Patrick

The colours on the castle were changed during a refurbishment during 1998 when the 5th Anniversary decor was removed.

Kristof

Quote from: "dagobert"When did they change the colours of the building and of the roof? In my opinion the castle looks now better, but I hope they will put down the character figures soon. Hopefully there will be no decoration on the castle next year.

There will be decorations on the Castle during Mickey's Magical Party and they're not as classy as the 15th ones.

RnRCj

I don't see the difference...

I have two photos of the castle in front of me right now, one from 1992 and one from the present. The only difference I can see is the way the two gold towers have been painted blue. Not really that noticable. :|

Quote from: "Kristof"There will be decorations on the Castle during Mickey's Magical Party and they're not as classy as the 15th ones.

I'm really dreading that, but to be honest, as long as MMP pulls the crowds in and DLRP can continue to grow, I'm happy for it to go ahead. The decorations just better be temporary!

pussinboots

It used to be a slightly more subdued, more salmony color, with grayish-blue roof tiles. Then in... 1998? 1999?* They did all the little gold-blue gradients and made them shiny (at least four towers and probably more; look closer!) and changed the salmon to a slightly more Barbie-esque shade of pink. The blue roof tiles seem to have gotten a little brighter as well.

I too liked it better before. It was a slightly warmer, softer scheme overall. Although time and the elements have washed things out a little since the overhaul.

I can't for the life of me find a better picture of how the castle used to look, but this should do for now:
http://www.mickey-mouse.com/images/dlpcastle2.jpg

Incidentally, it also had a different stained glass window once upon a time, but they changed that almost immediately:

*At some point after the 5th anniversary decorations were removed. I suppose 1998 would make sense, but I'm not sure.

Pete's Dragon

Can't really see the difference. Both look nice, at least it's not a dramatic change in colour i.e. green, orange etc.

Still, no matter what the colour or what decorations they glue to it for whatever celebration, it's still the most beautiful out of all the Disney Castles. Fact ! :wink:

roaldbergmann

sorry to say, but i really can't see any diffeference. Can anyone post some pictures that clearly shows what this topics actually's about? :-)

But what a shame about the MMP-decorations. And i don't agree with Rock n Roll coaster, saying, that it's good as long as it drags people to the parks. This is the kinda thing that's devaluating the Disney brand, and it will be a return to the Eisner-era. Disney shouldn't have succes on some crappy initiatives. So if the attendance drop next year due to some cheap-looking decs, maybe it'll show Disney that they have to do better than that.

pussinboots

Quote from: "roaldbergmann"sorry to say, but i really can't see any diffeference. Can anyone post some pictures that clearly shows what this topics actually's about? :-)

Well, nobody claimed they spray-painted it acid green or anything. (Although they might do that next year — oy.) It's a slight difference, but hey, it is the focal point of the resort...

But I have to admit, I don't mind it half as much as the new shade of pink on Disneyland's castle. Now that's pink!

david

WHAT????????? im stunned- the new (if you can call it new) colours are way better! not only the blue/gold turrets but also the pink itself is better- it was more dull and rusty in colour before-nic, but not quite as nice as it is now. a good call by the imagineers (i think in the book 'from sketch to reality' it mentions something about the re-spray)

Anthony

I had no idea the window changed!

They changed it after the park opened, right? And then back to the original almost straight away?

Why did they ever think it needed changing?