DLRP Building Quest!

Started by Javey74, November 23, 2008, 01:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

I should have further updates on the nicknames of the buildings soon.. :wink:  :D

Javey74

Okee Doe kee......This is what I've come to learn..  :wink:

As previously mentioned, Disney give most backstage buildings nicknames taken from Disney characters.  Here are some images of the buildings taken from Google Earth.  As you can see I've added their nicknames, which I've managed to put together, with a lot of data support from another very kind and helpful member.  Clearance has also been granted from our Admin... :D/  :D/

I will give an update on the use of each of these buildings where possible, once I have collated and translated all the information I have. Bear in mind that the information is dated as 2002, but as far as the nicknames go, nothing really alters here.  Though the functionality of each building might have changed from a little to a lot.. :wink:  :D

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Javey74"Okee Doe kee......This is what I've come to learn..  :wink:

As previously mentioned, Disney give most backstage buildings nicknames taken from Disney characters.  Here are some images of the buildings taken from Google Earth.  As you can see I've added their nicknames, which I've managed to put together, with a lot of data support from another very kind and helpful member.  Clearance has also been granted from our Admin... :D/  :D/

I will give an update on the use of each of these buildings where possible, once I have collated and translated all the information I have. Bear in mind that the information is dated as 2002, but as far as the nicknames go, nothing really alters here.  Though the functionality of each building might have changed from a little to a lot.. :wink:  :D

Great finds Javey, thanks for posting these, they're really interesting :)

dagobert

Does somebody know in which of theses buildings the Euro Disney SCA headquarter is located??

Owain

Quote from: "dagobert"Does somebody know in which of theses buildings the Euro Disney SCA headquarter is located??

My guess would be mickey mouse....maybe  :lol:

Javey74

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "dagobert"Does somebody know in which of theses buildings the Euro Disney SCA headquarter is located??

[spoiler:4tc7tg1x]No, this building is where a lot of the suits/costumes are kept.. :wink:[/spoiler:4tc7tg1x]

Owain

Quote from: "Javey74"

[spoiler:20wyv1gb]No, this building is where a lot of the suits/costumes are kept.. :wink:[/spoiler:20wyv1gb]

I always thought Imaginations would be for costumes, hmm learn something everyday  :D. I always heard it was in that area, so Peter Pan or Baloo ?

Javey74

Actually Owain I thought the same as you, before I had it on good authority that it was the Mickey Mouse building instead.. :o

Quark

Funny - the map was dated 2002? I have a feeling that's my cast member map I scanned during that year :)

I have forgotten quite a few things since then, but Imaginations IS the costuming building (the one the tram tour runs through), Mickey Mouse was administrative as far as I remember, I think I had my medical in "Peter Pan", and my merchandise training was in "101 Dalmatiens", complete with an errupting Catastrophe Canyon every few minutes.

The Mickey, Peter Pan and Baloo buildings were office buildings, the other big ones were either warehouses (food and merchandise needs to come from somewhere on site mind you) or storage - I saw Christmas decorations, parade floats and other stuff in there, but never anything really exciting.

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Javey74"

[spoiler:1j2hyp9j]No, this building is where a lot of the suits/costumes are kept.. :wink:[/spoiler:1j2hyp9j]

Wrong, they are kept in Simba and ImagiNations. Mickey Mouse is Castmember First Aid and Medical Service.

Baloo is EuroDisney SCA 'headquarters'.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Javey74

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Wrong, they are kept in Simba and ImagiNations. Mickey Mouse is Castmember First Aid and Medical Service.

Baloo is EuroDisney SCA 'headquarters'.
I know ImagiNations do have costumes, at least for face characters, you pass through the side of it on the 'Studio Tram Tour'. I'm talking about the others.. :wink:

Simba is for Parades and Spectacles, you can see the floats outside, ready for a parade, which way are you referring to the building for costumes, or have I mis-read what you have wrote.. :)

And how can you be so certain about EuroDisney 'headquarters' being inside 'Baloo'.. :?:

Owain

Quote from: "Javey74"And how can you be so certain about EuroDisney 'headquarters' being inside 'Baloo'.. :?:

I think zanderstarz is a castmember  :)

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Javey74"And how can you be so certain about EuroDisney 'headquarters' being inside 'Baloo'.. :?:

I think zanderstarz is a castmember  :)

=D>

I have you know, that ImagiNations have NO entertainment costumes whatsoever! ImagiNations have costumes for castmembers outside of the Parade/Entertainment department, ie. Ride operators, Food staff, Cleaners, etc.

Also, what you see when you are on the Tram Tour is completely fake, the costumes are borrowed from Simba. The majority of show/parade/entertainment costumes are housed in Simba. Inside Simba (it is HUGE), is a float storage bay, costuming division, cosmetology department (makeup/wigs), dance studios and changing rooms.

Quark

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding going on here, Imaginations is of course not completely fake, as almost everyone is borrowing their costumes there. And if you look closely from the tram tour, you can almost look through to the lockers.

The ENTERTAINMENT costumes are elsewhere, and as I have no idea where, Simba sounds perfectly reasonable.

zanderstarz

ugh, i roll my eyes to you all!

Okay, to clear it all up for you guys.
I never said ImagiNations was fake!

The view from the Tram Tour is through the back window of the costuming devision of ImagiNations, made especially for the attraction. The costumes in the window and the window setup is FAKE and do not belong to ImagiNations. As I said, ImagiNations ONLY stores costumes for park staff not entertainment.

Yes you can see the lockers, but you wont spot any secret disney magic. Its very boring I'm afraid. Simba is where the magic is.  8)