DLRP Building Quest!

Started by Javey74, November 23, 2008, 01:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

When I first joined this great Forum, I remember I started a thread based on asking what the different buildings were around the resort.  From this topic I learned a lot about the purpose of these buildings.

Unfortunately all the images were lost, so I thought I would refresh the topic again using a more reliable image system.

I've included below an area of buildings already discovered from the older thread.  I think I can remember where most of them are.  A lot was gained from members and mainly Kristof for confirmations on this one.  If I've made any mistakes please let me know>>

A. Casey Jones maintenance buildings.
B. Greenery buildings.
C. Parades and Spectacles buildings.
D. Entertainment training area.
E. Control Room for Parades, also 'Le Studio' music production for DLRP.
F. It's a Small World attraction building.
G. DLRP Christmas tree storage containers.
H. Le Pavilion convention building.

Also this one>>

I. Filtration Reservoir for 'It's a Small World'.
J. Cast Member car park.
K. Public car and coach park.

Here's the DLRP Police Station, the expanded view first to give you more of a location, then a closeup view.  Not sure what's happening on the right mind.. :?

Anyway, here goes.....First of all, can anyone tell me what these buildings are.... :?:

The first image is an expanded view of the location, so that you know where exactly they are located within the ring, and the second is a closer view of the buildings shown on the first image.  :wink:

Expanded Image>>

Closer Image>>

RnRCj

I think they are maintenance buildings, but someone else might have to confirm that.

All I know is that the trains from Rock 'n' Roller Coaster go there for rehab. :P

experiment627

The buildings on the close-up picture are warehouses (like for food and merchandise deliveries), maintenance facilities (the one on the upper right houses DLRP's various vehicles, for example) and some offices, of course.
The smaller building with the green roof on the upper right is DLRP's "pony farm", by the way. That's the home for the proud Percheron horses when they're not on duty for the streetcars on Main Streets.

dagobert

I think in these buildings is the Euro Disney SCA headquarter.

Javey74

Ok....Thanks for the comments guys.. :D

-breeno-

I'm guessing Kristof never got back to you with the answers last year then :P  :lol:

Anyway i don't have a clue what the "missing" buildings are, so i'm just as interested what each one is as Javey.  However i think i heard somewhere that each off stage building is names after Disney characters (Peter Pan etc..), is this ture?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Javey74

Quote from: "-breeno-"I'm guessing Kristof never got back to you with the answers last year then :P  :lol:

Anyway i don't have a clue what the "missing" buildings are, so i'm just as interested what each one is as Javey.  However i think i heard somewhere that each off stage building is names after Disney characters (Peter Pan etc..), is this ture?
No, I think the plans have gone for ever now breeno.. :wink:  :mrgreen:

On the building names, I heard that too, I sure it was from something I read, probably online.. :)  We shalt see, hopefully with some confirmation.. [-o<  :D

ford prefect

Somewhere at home I have a castmembers map.

I will have a look and post any info tonight!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Anthony

Quote from: "Javey74"On the building names, I heard that too, I sure it was from something I read, probably online.. :)  We shalt see, hopefully with some confirmation.. [-o<  :D
Yes! I think Baloo and Mulan are (or have been) at least two of the names, but I think I remember from seeing an old CM map once that each of those buildings above is actually split up into smaller named sections.

I'm interested to find this stuff out myself. I could point out almost any other building around the resort, but not these ones over in the far corner. I guess that's the because the ones we hear about most are the "regular CM" ones like ImagiNations and the parade buildings.

You can get a very quick glimpse inside the main warehouse in the old Inside Disneyland Paris travel channel documentary.

Remco K.

Good topic! It makes me feel like updating the Google Earth file for DLRP Magic! again. :D Would Disney mind if their backstage buildings got pointed out on Google Earth?

Javey74

Quote from: "ford prefect"Somewhere at home I have a castmembers map.

I will have a look and post any info tonight!
Mmmmm, yes please, now that would be interesting... :D/  :D/  :D/

Quote from: "Anthony"You can get a very quick glimpse inside the main warehouse in the old Inside Disneyland Paris travel channel documentary.
I'll have a look on Youtube on this one, well if it's on there... :o Thanks for that one Anthony.. :wink:  :D

Quote from: "Remco K."Good topic! It makes me feel like updating the Google Earth file for DLRP Magic! again. :D Would Disney mind if their backstage buildings got pointed out on Google Earth?
Well Remko K, I don't think DLRP will mind, after all we don't get to see inside them, well not the ones your not supposed to anyway.  But at least just knowing the location can give you piece of mind to see how it all comes together, how the resort functions with all the suppliers and other areas essential to keep the resort running.. :D/  :D/

ford prefect

Sorry, Javey, completely forgot! (Was thoroughly enjoying watching Wall E)

Will do tonight

Javey74

Quote from: "ford prefect"Sorry, Javey, completely forgot! (Was thoroughly enjoying watching Wall E)

Will do tonight
I wait with great anticipation..  :o  :o  :o

ford prefect

Well, I found the map!  All it gives is the building names and locations of restaurants and facilities. Also orientation and office phone numbers.  

Because of the confidential nature of some of the info I will not scan and post it here.

Javey74

No problem ford perfect.. :wink:  :mrgreen:

Thanks again.. :wink:  :D