A TERRIFIC night at the Studios

Started by Alpop, September 02, 2008, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpop

Hi Everyone,

I may have stumbled upon a breaking event!!
While browsing another forum they pointed out that this event was about to happen on October 25th
//http://www.fnacspectacles.com/place-spectacle/manifestation/Parc-d-attraction-TERRORIFIC-NIGHT-DIFI2.htm?noeud=466477849883416675

People who can read french better than myself will hopefully explain more.
But one part mentions that your should leave the children at home!!!!!

Nice to see that they are catering for Adults a little more.

BUT Disney haven't announced this yet, so hopefully someone will also be able to confirm this too. Hopefully not a fake!

PetiteSirene

I doubt this is fake as Fnac is a big store in France and Belgium.

However this event looks like it is a Fnac ticket only event since at the top it says :

TERRORIFIC NIGHT
SOIREE PRIVEE FNAC
Parc d'attraction
le 25/10/2008 à 20h30

I would imagine its something specifically being run for the store to advertise and sell from their site (the link you gave.)

Hmmmm I have 30 euros worth of Fnac vouchers... I wonder if I could book with those lol  :lol:

Edit: Having looked further down it goes on to state its an event reserved for clients of Fnac (so any one who buys a ticket off them) and they get special privileges for the evening.

However this is a Fnac exclusive event and the tickets can only be bought at Fnac not through Disney, which would explain why there has been no announcement.

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

never2old

Here's the (approximate) translation:

FNAC proposes a private evening: Terrorific Night at Disneyland®Resort Paris

Evening (from 20h30 to 01:00) reservec for FNAC customers, visit the parc under privileged conditions (limited capacity) and (re)discover the attactions in a new visual and musical setting... and come dance on a gosthly dancefloor animated by a DJ!

Try the scariest Halloween party... Too late to turn around! The 25 October 2008, the Walt Disney Studios Parc will host exclusively the Terrorific Night. A unique experience with distressing events, reserved for some privileged ones...

It goes on to talk about the ToT, and again about the dancefloor. It also recommends to leave your children at home.

And says that with the ticket you get free parking from 18:00

Normal price is 29 euros, and you get a 2 euro discount if you have the FNAC card - but it does seem to be open to everyone! You're a FAC customer if you buy from them...

That sounds really good fun! Wish I could go...

Kristof

It's an event by Business Solutions for Fnac, so there won't be any announcements by DLRP.  Look at it as a "private" event.  :)

Riebi

Now...how was it? Was anybody there? Any pics?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

The Butlin Boy

After having a quick look on Disney Central Plaza, I have found quite a bit of information an content for the night...

The main part of the evening was the special version of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster that was available for the night. You can see a video at the link below:
 :arrow: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x77ql9 ... -ni_travel

Another addition was a special version of the Studio Tram Tour, which dropped its usual video commentary for as special ghost host, with additional stops and live actors through the ride:

:arrow: http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5631/dsc28491rs3.jpg
 :arrow: http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/38/dsc28621vi0.jpg

They also had spooky characters around the park, a live disco/dance floor and a special soundtrack in Crush's Coaster.

:arrow: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x789w4 ... age_travel
 :arrow: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x77che ... 008_travel

Overall, I think that this was a great event, perhaps not the best according to some reviews, but it definitely has some huge potential for the future, that's for sure :)

Sources: Members from Disney Central Plaza (content starts from page 9/10)

Riebi

Looks good! I think it has indeed huge potential for the future!
Maybe next year it´s a bit bigger and more terrific but for the first time it should be ok!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

RnRCj

To me, it looked terrorific! I would have loved to be there. The Studio Tram Tour especially looked like a lot of fun!

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster seemed interesting... but still no smoke by the looks of it. :lol: The soundtrack was a bit wierd and repetitive.

phantom247

I feel from looking over all the coverage this event could become an annuel event and could easily be extended to 2 nights next year or may be even 3 with maybe a temp maze placed next to cinemagique and Disney Channel.

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"Rock 'n' Roller Coaster seemed interesting... but still no smoke by the looks of it. :lol: The soundtrack was a bit wierd and repetitive.
I thought those ear-piercing screams were real at first and the track/trains had gone the way of Space Mountain...  It sounded like an old-fashioned ghost train. I'm not sure if that's good or not - I definitely didn't like the music between the screams, whatever that was.

I'd love for this to be an annual event though. It's just so much easier to do horror in the Studios, not to mention the fact that the park is more compact means the atmosphere will be better without the need to play Happy Happy Halloween on a loop like they do across the esplanade.

Changing lighting and soundtracks on their attractions for special events is something DLRP should really get into more - with the guidance of a good Imagineering team, of course.

zanderstarz

Disney Ambassidors plan for more Terrorific Nights in the future, not just for Halloween, but throughout the year!   :D/
~ just like we dreamed it ~

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Disney Ambassidors plan for more Terrorific Nights in the future, not just for Halloween, but throughout the year!   :D/

That's interesting, I didn't consider them doing it throughout the year, you just associate it with the Halloween season. It must have been a huge success then. I'm looking forward to hearing more about this, and if and how they'll add to or improve it in anyway. Thanks for the update zanderstarz :)