Your Disney Blu-Ray Collection

Started by Anthony, November 02, 2008, 01:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Updating my collection.....

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (2 Disc Blu-ray)
Toy Story: Combi Pack (Blu-ray & DVD)
Toy Story 2: Combi Pack (Blu-ray & DVD)
Up: Superset (2 Disc Blu-ray / DVD & Digital Copy)
Monsters Inc. (Blu-ray)
Dumbo: Special Edition - Combi Pack (Blu-ray + DVD Combo)
Alice In Wonderland: TriplePlay (Blu-Ray, DVD & Digital Copy)
Toy Story 3: TriplePlay (2 Disc Blu-ray / DVD & Digital Copy)
The Princess and the Frog: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)
A Christmas Carol: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)
Snow Paws: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)

New...

+ Wall.e (Blu-ray)

Used my disney movie rewards to get wall.e  :D

Anthony

Looks like The Incredibles might be hitting blu-ray in the UK on 24th June. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Incredibles-Blu ... 003BNY702/

There's a trailer on the Alice in Wonderland disc.

dagobert

Today I got "Pirates Of The Caribbean - The Curse Of The Black Pearl" on BluRay as a birthday present.

That's my collection, not very large:
POTC - The Curse Of The Black Pearl
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Toy Story 3

lil-shawn

Here is my Bluray list what i have so far and what will be next....

Bambi
Bambi 2
Toy Story 3
The Princess and the Frog
Bolt 3D
Alice in Wonderland

National Treasure
National Treasure 2
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Alice in Wonderland 3D
Prince of Persia
The Sorcerer´s Apprentice

Upcoming

Pirates of the Caribbean
Pirates of the Caribbean 2
Tangled 3D
The Incredibles
Tron Legacy 3D
Dumbo
Fantasia
Fantasia 2000
Thats it for now.

dagobert

My updated list:

POTC - Dead Men's Chest
POTC - At World's End

Toy Story 3

peep

Right not posted my list in here for some time now so lets change that.

Disney Animations
Snow White and the seven dwarfs
Fantasia
Dumbo
Bambi
Sleeping Beauty
Pinocchio
Alice in Wonderland
Beauty and the beast
Fantasia 2000
The Wild
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
Princess and the Frog
Tangled (well, when it's released I'll have it)

Disney Pixar
Toy Story
Bugs life
Toy Story 2
Monsters Inc
Cars
Ratatouille
Wall.e
Up
Toy Story 3
Pixar shorts collection vol. 1

General Disney
Tron
Tron: Legacy
G-Force
Sky High
Chronicles of Narnia: Lion, witch and the wardrobe
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
National Treasure
National Treasure: Book of secrets
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the black pearl
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead mans chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Enchanted
Alice in Wonderland
Nightmare before Christmas
Prince of Persia
Sorcerers Apprentice

:D
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Owain

Great collection peep !

Updating my collection.....

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (2 Disc Blu-ray)
Toy Story: Combi Pack (Blu-ray & DVD)
Toy Story 2: Combi Pack (Blu-ray & DVD)
Up: Superset (2 Disc Blu-ray / DVD & Digital Copy)
Monsters Inc. (Blu-ray)
Dumbo: Special Edition - Combi Pack (Blu-ray + DVD Combo)
Alice In Wonderland: TriplePlay (Blu-Ray, DVD & Digital Copy)
Toy Story 3: TriplePlay (2 Disc Blu-ray / DVD & Digital Copy)
The Princess and the Frog: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)
A Christmas Carol: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)
Snow Paws: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)
Wall.e (Blu-ray)

New...

+ Bambi - Diamond Edition: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)
+ Alice in Wonderland - 60th Anniversary Edition: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)

Im not sure about anyone else, but are your Blu-rays hit and miss with the sleeves. I mean half of my collection have sleeves and the others dont. Play.com did not provide me with sleeves but asda did, nor did sleeves come with my rewards  :?

peep

Sleeves, I tend to get them when ordering from play.com. I think the ones I haven't got sleeves on are the ones that were never sold with them in the first place. I agree that it's slightly annoying, makes the collection look a bit odd. What really bugs me is with the animations, half have "classic #??" on the side and half don't.

Oh and I've missed out on like 6 codes for the Disney movie rewards scheme :(

dagobert

My updated list:

POTC - Dead Men's Chest
POTC - At World's End
Toy Story 3
Tron
Tron: Legacy

davewasbaloo

Ok, I am new to the party as I only just got my 3D HD TV and PS3 last week:

Tron Legacy DVD and Blueray Combi
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland 3d and Normal Blueray Combi
since 2001 (many before that)

Pete's Dragon

Felt like treating myself today, otherwise I wouldn't have spent £17 on a Tangled Blu-Ray. Seriously overpriced, ah well. With the Disney Movie Reward points I was able to get A Bug's Life for free. Sweet !

Anthony

I don't think we have a dedicated thread, so this is the best place to warn: The Incredibles blu-ray in the UK is only a single disc, not only missing the DVD and digital copy of the US version but a whole second disc of extras!

Of the Disc 2 extras listed here: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Incre ... 96/#Review
QuoteDeleted Scenes, Now in HD! (Disc 2, HD, 35 minutes): Five deleted scenes (presented via roughly animated storyboards), an equally unfinished fifteen-minute alternate opening, and a collection of introductions/commentaries (with Bird and Andrews) kick off Disc Two. As the title suggests, it's the first time the deleted scenes are presented in high definition.

The New Nomanisan: A Top Secret Redevelopment Plan (Disc 2, HD): Syndrome's island lair has been transformed into a family friendly getaway! Take a tour of "The New Nomanisan" and learn about the Shooting Range, the Self Defense Academy, Island Dining, Nomanisan Nightlife, the Hero Headquarters, Camp Nomanisan, Adventure Sports, Vow Renewals, and the Nomanisan Spa in a series of cheeky animated ads.

Paths to Pixar: Story Artists (Disc 2, HD, 6 minutes): The latest segment of Pixar's ongoing look to the talent behind the animation hones in on the story artists who worked on The Incredibles (among others).

Studio Stories: Gary's Birthday (Disc 2, HD, 2 minutes): "Gary is every man" in this amusing story told by the team who tried to maintain their sanity while working on Bird's superhero epic.

Ending with a Bang: Making the End Credits (Disc 2, HD, 2 minutes): Learn about the genesis and creation of the end credits sequence in this all-too-short featurette.

Making of The Incredibles (Disc 2, SD, 27 minutes): An entire section of Disc Two is devoted to previously released special features as well, the first of which is this lengthy, energetic jaunt behind the scenes.

Other Classic DVD Content (Disc 2, SD, 70 minutes): After plowing through the "Making of The Incredibles," dive into the remaining extras Disney has ported over from the original DVD release. The largely self-explanatory featurettes include "Story," "Character Design," "E-Volution," "Building Humans," "Building Extras," "Set Design," "Sound," "Music," "Lighting," "Tools," a "Mr. Incredible and Pals" animated short, a "Mr. Incredible and Pals" commentary with Mr. Incredible and Frozone, "NSA Audio Files and Stills," "Vowellett - An Essay by Sarah Vowell" and "Who is Bud Luckey?"

Easter Eggs (Disc 2, SD, 14 minutes): No need to hunt. The original DVD's easter eggs are nestled in a handy section all their own. Eggs include "Incredibles Socks," "Dancing Bob," "Cake," "Buttons and Doors," "Victor's Guards," "H3A - Classroom," "Angus' Guards," "Incrediblunders," "Frank & Ollie," "Ball & Scooter" and Markisms."

Publicity (Disc 2, SD, 14 minutes): A string of "Character Interviews" and a series of standard definition trailers and TV spots round out the classic DVD content.

Interactive Art Gallery (Disc 2, HD): Hundreds of production images are spread across six galleries: Character Design, Collages, Color Scripts, Lighting, Set Design and Storyboards.

Incredibles Teaser (Disc 2, HD, 2 minutes): The first Incredibles trailer is presented in high definition.
...The "Studio Stories: Gary's Birthday" and Making of the End Credits have been brought across to Disc 1, but the HD deleted scenes, art galleries, making of featurette, publicity, and all the classic DVD features are nowhere to be seen. This is really disappointing after the excellent Monsters Inc re-release last year. Are Disney UK really so cheap they need to cut the set down to a single disc? Are blu-ray discs really that expensive to produce?

The set was reduced in price from about £16 when I pre-ordered to £12 at release. To be honest I'd have happily paid £16 for the proper set!

Needless to say the address you need is mailto:wdshe.consumerrelations@disney.co.uk">wdshe.consumerrelations@disney.co.uk

Not that complaining will undo our shabby treatment here, but it might stop it in the future. The disc has a load of 1-star reviews on Amazon too...

Pete's Dragon

So why not order it from amazon.com and get the 2 BLu Ray + DVD + Digital Copy for about £17-£18.
It's region free ! Admittedly you could wait anywhere from 18-35 days, but if you want the full extras then .....

http://www.amazon.com/The-Incredibles-B ... PDKIKX0DER

NOTE THE A B and C REGIONS !

Anthony

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"So why not order it from amazon.com and get the 2 BLu Ray + DVD + Digital Copy for about £17-£18.
It's region free ! Admittedly you could wait anywhere from 18-35 days, but if you want the full extras then .....
Gahh, it was too late by the time I heard that the US disc was region free! Maybe I'll order it anyway. I must admit I'm one of those annoying people who hates having a whole line of UK discs with one American disc sat in the middle (or visa-versa).

Anyway, I just had a reply from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment UK!

QuoteThank you for you contacting Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. I do apologise for the delay getting back to you.

I am sorry that you feel disppointed by the special feature content featured on the UK release of The Incredibles Blu-ray. I have been in contact with one of my colleagues to find out the specific rationale behind the UK release and can tell you the following. In order to offer the best possible value Blu-ray to customers, Disney decided to cut down on the bonus content. Previous research had shown that allowing people to purchase high definition Blu-ray at an affordable price was key to our consumers. However, due to the fact that you are disappointed, we will be taking note of your complaint and re-evaluating this strategy in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to send us your feedback which is extremely valuable to us.
Surely offering "the best possible value" would have been to actually include all the content...

Fingers crossed for a proper Nemo release then.

peep

Urgh, I'm really starting to hate the UK division of Disney, all they do is ruin everything. Why is it we always have to wait several months for the cinema releases after America (apart from, oddly enough, Winnie the Pooh) and then get the worst blu-ray releases. Another example of major cut down was the Tron: Legacy release, what the actual hell, I think we missed out on loads of content there too. I'm so disappointed by the Incredibles release as it's probably my favourite Pixar film and I feel so let down by the blu-ray release after such a long wait. May send an email too, if we all start sending emails showing how annoyed we are by the lack of extras then they will really do something about it.