Your Disney Blu-Ray Collection

Started by Anthony, November 02, 2008, 01:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "Anthony"Bolt 3D? I didn't even know that was available!

Maybe a stupid question but, do you have a 3D TV then? How is it, good? :)

They've released in 3D a few weeks ago (and Alice in Wonderland in 3D is coming out in time for Christmas)  :D

Yep, we have a 3D TV, and it's pretty good, you really get the depth and volume! Same as in the cinema, really (but the glasses are a lot more comfortable at home!).

Which brand are you using? My parents plan to buy a new TV and they consider to buy a Sony Bravia 3D. Do you need a special Blu Ray Player as well, because they just have a normal Sony Blu Ray Player?

never2old

The TV is a Philips one; and yes, your bluray needs to play 3D; we have the PS3, but I guess you can upgrade the software in most players to play 3D?

dagobert

Finally I got my first Disney Blu Ray: Toy Story 3

CafeFantasia

The thing with Blu-ray is, I really believe you need a 1080p television to fully appreciate it. If your TV can't display 1920 x 1080 pixels, then there's much less of a difference between Blu-ray and DVD.

What I like about a lot of the 2010 Blu-ray players is that they have built-in Wi-Fi, so can access online services such as the BBC iPlayer. This makes them far more useful than just an ordinary DVD player.

loladelorean

Did anyone else receive Disney Blurays for Christmas? I got Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story 3 and Fantasia - I'd held off buying them as I thought Santa might be kind ;)
Just started watching Beauty and the Beast just now and the colours are breathtaking, off with the laptop now so I can really appreciate it!
Also - thanks to Disney movie rewards (Which are offering a lot of good bonus points these days) I've ordered Bedtime Stories on Bluray - doesn't look amazing but I've not seen it. Another 50 points and I can get either Pinocchio or Dumbo which will mean 3 free blu rays from them in total. It's a great scheme!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

-breeno-

Very small collection for me so far, I managed to add a little to it over Christmas.  Despite that it takes up 45% of my full Blu-ray collection!

Nightmare Before Christmas
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Up

One of my short term goals is to have the entire Pixar collection on BR, at least I've made a start to that :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

Quote from: "-breeno-"One of my short term goals is to have the entire Pixar collection on BR, at least I've made a start to that :P
Random bit of related news: A Bug's Life seems to have finally been released on Blu-ray in the UK! It was released in the US ages ago, and now it's suddenly finally slipped onto UK shopping sites completely unadvertised. Mine's just been shipped, so it's not a mistake!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Bugs-Li ... 40/#Review

Now we're just waiting for Finding Nemo and The Incredibles. Maybe Nemo would be a good choice for the first Pixar Blu-ray 3D? It's a bit cheeky that wasn't Toy Story 3 really, which we'll end up having to buy again if 3D takes off.

-breeno-

Oh the UK is stilling missing a few?  I was under the impression we already had A Bug's Life and the other for ages (must have just been searching on US websites it seems).

Nemo would be a good choice for starting the Pixar 3D Blu-ray but you're right we should have got Toy Story 3 in 3D with the original release.  I guess though if Cameron and co. can rip us all off with releasing a million "special-super-extended-director's cut-3D-Blu-Ray-ultimate-we-want-your-money-editions" of Avatar anyone can..
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

The UK A Bug's Life blu-ray, it's real!

I think it was originally scheduled to be released early last year alongside Finding Nemo but for some reason disappeared. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Nemo and Incredibles on 3D discs this Summer. Of course that means the cycle starts again and we have to wait for A Bug's Life in 3D! Not that I even have a 3D TV...

Terkina

I've ordered my first blue ray this week.  I'm getting Bolt in 3D.  I haven't seen this movie yet so I'm realy looking forward to see it.
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

dagobert

After Toy Story 3 I received my second Disney Blu-Ray Disc: The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Many will disagree, but I like the movie. It's entertaining and sometime I like just to watch fun movies without thinking and this one is such a movie. I think it is also a lot better than the other Jerry Bruckheimer movie of 2010 "Prince Of Persia".

Anthony

Funnily enough that Bug's Life blu-ray shows up on my PS3 as "A Bug's Life - 10th Anniversary Edition" and has an intro by John Lasseter (specifically mentioning the HD transfer) saying as such. So it's only about 3 years late! It's a great disc though, pretty much all the old 2-Disc DVD stuff on there and a very worthwhile new roundtable discussion.

It also has a trailer for Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales short films collection, which was released in the US back in November, stating "on DVD and Blu-Ray" but so far all I can find is a DVD edition due 14th March. I hope Disney UK (and probably Europe too) don't leave us out on a BD for that.

Owain

Updating my collection.....

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (2 Disc Blu-ray)
Toy Story: Combi Pack (Blu-ray & DVD)
Toy Story 2: Combi Pack (Blu-ray & DVD)
Up: Superset (2 Disc Blu-ray / DVD & Digital Copy)
Monsters Inc. (Blu-ray)
Dumbo: Special Edition - Combi Pack (Blu-ray + DVD Combo)
Alice In Wonderland: TriplePlay (Blu-Ray, DVD & Digital Copy)

New....

+ Toy Story 3: TriplePlay (2 Disc Blu-ray / DVD & Digital Copy)
+ The Princess and the Frog: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)
+ A Christmas Carol: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)
+ Snow Paws: Double Play (Blu-ray & DVD)

Collections growing now, i want more classics though. So next purchases im hoping will be Beauty and the Beast, Pinocchio and Fantasia  :)

Masamune

I'm debating cashing in my Disney Movie Rewards points for the Dumbo Blu-Ray.

simonandwendy626

:stitch:

Here we go again!

Snow white
The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
Beauty and the Beast
Princess and the Frog
Monsters INC
Enchanted
Cars
Bambi box set
Fantasia box set
National Treasure box set
Bolt
Toy Story box set
Alice in Wonderland (Johnny Depp version)
Up
G-Force
Ratatouille
Pinocchio
chicken Little
Sleeping Beauty
Meet the Robinson's
The Wild
Dinosaur
Haunted Mansion
Beauty and the Beast
Nightmare before Christmas. (Although I much prefer the DVD because Patrick Stewart is the narrator)
Bug's life
Tinkerbell trilogy
Sorcerers Apprentice
 :shock:

Only another 80 or so to go in replacing DVD's with Blu-Ray AAAghhhhh!!!!