Do you have any traditions?

Started by jeakat24, October 26, 2008, 11:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

Do you have any traditions that you simply have to do when you're at Disneyland?

Mine is, on our first day as soon as we step off the Eurostar (and after my cigarette) we head straight to Annettes for lunch. We started doing this a few years ago and it's just built into our plans now. We find it great as it's close to where we get off plus it's really quiet at lunchtime.

We also have to have an ice cream from the gibson girl, no matter what the weather, but I think most people would agree with that!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "jeakat24"Mine is, on our first day as soon as we step off the Eurostar (and after my cigarette)

Amen on the cigarette !!!

We always make sure to go to Cafe Mickeys for breakfast once during the holiday, and I personally always have to buy a photo album, and something made of glass( :? )

ColdSun

We always spend the first day only in the Disneland Park and leave the studios for later. When we arrive at the park we head straight to the Disneyland Railroad Station on Main Street and stay on there for one full round - perfect way to take some deep breaths and realize we really are in the middle of the magic.

never2old

We always head to Buzz Lightyear first - specially now with the EMH, first thing in the morning we head straight there and go on it 3 or 4 times. Then we move somewhere else...

Owain

Go to DL for the first day and then WDS the next. Also have to buy at least one teddy :)

burntsienna

On the night we get there we always go to DV then the first day we always go to the DLP, then its to WDS for part of the second day, then back to the DLP  :mrgreen:

Ooo and we always have to get an ice cream :D
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

DLP-Photos.com

I have many traditions which are almost certain at every trip:

1. We usually begin in WDS at arrival day (didn't do this on my latest trip because of some of the Halloween shows in DLP)

2. As the first thing in DLP we use to ride the Railroad from Main Street to Main Street. (didn't do this either on my latest trip)

3. In the first night we always eat at Colonel Hathi's (didn't do this either - it was closed :()

4. I have to buy a Walt Disney Classics Collection figurine in the Disney Gallery (this is a pretty new tradition)

5. On leaving day we ALWAYS - and that means always - eat at Toad Hall. The Fish'n'chips is waaay better than the food in the other fast food restaurants throughout the parks.

6. Tradition which I started during my latest trip: Haägen-Dasz Ice Cream and dinner at Café Mickey's.

Also a tradition is to not stay at the only Resort Hotel I haven't stayed at, Hotel New York as I would see that as closening the circle :lol:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

SophieD

after coming off the Eurostar and dumping our bags, we always head for Its a Small World to start our holiday off!!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

RnRCj

Our DLRP holidays usually start like this:

1. Get off the Eurostar.

2. Check in at hotel.

3. Head to WDS.

4. Ride Tower Of Terror x 2.

5. Ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster x 6512838 (This one used to be no. 4 before ToT came along)

After that we improvise!

Javey74

I have a tradition of touching the castle outer walls, just for the texture everytime I go.  Also putting my hand in the water whilst on 'It's a Small World".. :-"

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"I have a tradition of touching the Castle outer Walls, just for the texture everytime I go.  Also putting my hand in the water whilst on 'It's a Small World".. :-"

I have something like that ....but I don't do it as a tradition I'm just abit weird for touching things, and I have to run my fingers along what ever wooden structures I see.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

never2old

I also need to have a good last look at the Castle before we leave, and say goodbye  :cry:

MinniesBestPal

My mum ALWAYS buys a Christmas decoration! It doesn't matter what time of the year it is, she buys a Christmas decoration!

And I always get a Minnie Mouse plushie!

dagobert

Our tradition is to have a coffee and a dessert at the Cable Car Bakeshop on the first morning after we have been on Space Mountain.

Luigi

at least one time we eat at the restaurant "Bella Notte".
I like how it looks and i'm a big fan of Pizza