Pete's Dragon Prepares to Take Flight

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 07, 2008, 12:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Really, I've been preparing and counting down the days since March. But now with only one week to go things are really taking shape.

Each week in the summer I bought a new item of clothing, mainly T-Shirts and a few pairs of trousers. These have never been worn. They have been ironed, folded, and are already in the suitcase ( which has been properlly packed TWICE just to see what space we had ). All the travel documents and passports are arranged in order of use, and have been sealed in an A4 envelope for about 2 months now.

Just to prove how organised I like to be ( this is a result of having such a large DVD collection which is arranged alphabetically and documented ) below is a list I made

Yeah, I know, borderline OCD !!!! But in the days to come, I also have a lot of walking to do. Went to the local forest last Friday cause I really need to exercise. That's the problem with working 12 hour shifts in a bookmakers, I sit on a seat for most of my time. Walked for about 1 1/2 hours and I could feel my legs starting to hurt, not a good sign with 6 days around DL coming up.

Oh, and I also made 40 pictures to use as a countdown signiture on the Forum ( anyone noticed the changes in the pictures ? No, not yet ? If not I made an animation of them all too ).

So, in order to have plently of time to pack etc. I've got 12 hours shifts on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so that I've got the rest of the week to get organised. Don't wanna leave it too late  :wink:

N.B. Before the jokes start, the hair straighteners are my wifes, ok ?

RnRCj

I love the way you put "kids" in the final checklist. How could you possibly forget them?! :lol:

I can just imagine you getting there, only to realise that your kids are still back at home waiting to go. :lol:

MinniesBestPal

Quote from: "RnRCj"I love the way you put "kids" in the final checklist. How could you possibly forget them?! :lol:

I can just imagine you getting there, only to realise that your kids are still back at home waiting to go. :lol:

HAHAHAHA! I was thinking the same thing!!!

burntsienna

Wow!
You're very organised!
I'm the same, I love to be fully prepared before we go, and so make many lists.
I'll make any excuse to make a list as its fun  :mrgreen:  8)

Quote from: "RnRCj"I love the way you put "kids" in the final checklist. How could you possibly forget them?! :lol:

Haha yeah I agree, though it would be terrible for the poor kids!

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"N.B. Before the jokes start, the hair straighteners are my wifes, ok ?
What makes you think someone would joke about you using straighteners?? lol  :mrgreen:  :lol:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MinniesBestPal

I was actually gonna joke more about the kids thing than the hair straighteners! XD

I use them, my hair always goes REALLY curly!

Aveen2008

Hey,

I totally don't blame you for the excitemnet, the days can never go quick enough until the day comes to actually leave! I bet you will have a great time, i hope these next few days go quickly for you!

And i bet more men use hair straightners than you think hehe!!

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

Pete's Dragon

well not me, my hair's about 1cm long  :wink:

By the way, has anyone noticed the changes in my signiture ?

burntsienna

I've noticed them =]
I thought it was a countdown off the internet lol  :mrgreen:

1cm...perfect for straightening! lol

Quite a few men I know straighten their hair.

I don't straighten mine at all, used to but then decided against it because it was damaging my hair too much. Now I just leave it to be its natural mess haha  :lol:  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MinniesBestPal

Yes! Do you just make that on paint?

I did something similar to that for my MSN background for my trip last year!!!

Who is the last character to be rubbed off?

Pete's Dragon

I used photoshop. The characters are disappearing from the back to the front, so smeone along the front line will be last to go and there's only one character there who deserves to stay till the end ( unless your name is Javey that is ).

MinniesBestPal

Minnie?

bigrossco

Think it should be Micky my self :D

you forgot to add to the final part of your checklist to make sure you have put all the cases in the car :D
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

-breeno-

:lol:  :lol: at the kids in the last minute checks, reminds me of that bit from Father Ted,

"Did you bring the scrabble Dougle?"  "Yes ted i brought the travel scrabble for when we're travelling and the orginal scrabble for when we arrive......... actually Ted i didn't bring either of them"  "Ah Dougle you'll be telling me now you forgot to lock the front door!"  *shows scene of their house with man running out of it with TV*  :lol:

As for the hair straighteners it got out that my friend used some once, boy will he never let that down :lol:

And yeah i did notice your changing sig, very clever :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

RnRCj

To be honest, I didn't actually notice the changing signature. I was just looking at it every day, scratching my head and thinking "I could of sworn there were more characters yesterday." :lol:

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "bigrossco"you forgot to add to the final part of your checklist to make sure you have put all the cases in the car :D

gonna do that on saturday when the kids are asleep. not gonna tell them we're going, just gonna wait and see if they realise before we reach the airport  :)